Advertisement

Author Topic: just got the samsung galaxy  (Read 4834 times)

Darkplanetasia

just got the samsung galaxy
« on: October 03, 2010, 07:34:24 PM »
Whats everyones opinion on it?

OVER!

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

Darkplanetasia

Re: just got the samsung galaxy
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2010, 09:22:18 PM »
I got the captivate. So far. I love it. Best feature is the anti scratch screen. Beautiful

OVER!

Gutts

« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2010, 09:47:02 AM »
I have the evo, my wife has the epic.  The swipe feature on he epic is nice.  Plus, its got a really good display with the super amoled screens.  I still love my evo.  Even more now, since the 30 fps cap has been lifted.

end005

« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2010, 10:26:14 AM »
I have the galaxy S for tmobile. Great phone, but touchscreen is simply not for me..atleast the swype function. I love the ease of the app and the idea behind it; however, I am NOT a fan of the gibberish it automatically saves into its dictionary. My texting has become terrible with the use of this phone and swype. 

Great phone to avoid texting and driving though. It'll save lives...or not.

Darkplanetasia

« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2010, 10:32:25 AM »
Yeah, I agree, I think these phones are also designed so people would stop texting so much while driving because it gets kind of hard... Not knowing which buttons you press= wrong message/spellings, yet people still TEXT while DRIVING!  :idiot2: >:(
the droids have voice to text. but i have no clue as to set it up. haaha

OVER!

Darkplanetasia

« Reply #5 on: October 04, 2010, 10:37:12 AM »
:D Good thing eh?
actually i'm not even sure what it does. lol

OVER!

N`Chync

« Reply #6 on: October 04, 2010, 03:54:24 PM »
Whats everyones opinion on it?

OVER!

played around with plenty of T-Mobile Vibrants and i love that phone. still debating on that phone and the MyTouch HD for my T-Mobile line. As of now it's the best phone on the T-Mobile market. i just finally got my first hands on a Sprint Epic 4G and that phone is super nice. Best phone on the Sprint Market. 1 GHz Hummingbird Processor and 512 MB RAM so it's fast with great graphics capabilities, Super AMOLED screen, those 2 alone already put it atop most phones, add in video calling, 4' Screen, and keyboard that's spacious and it's rocking. wihout the keyboard it still a great phone.

I got the captivate. So far. I love it. Best feature is the anti scratch screen. Beautiful

OVER!

this is always a good thing. a lot of touchscreen phones have the ani-scratch feature. no one wants a touchscreen that picks up all kinds of scratches. well just as long as we don't drop it like crazy lol

I have the galaxy S for tmobile. Great phone, but touchscreen is simply not for me..atleast the swype function. I love the ease of the app and the idea behind it; however, I am NOT a fan of the gibberish it automatically saves into its dictionary. My texting has become terrible with the use of this phone and swype. 

Great phone to avoid texting and driving though. It'll save lives...or not.

Menu -> settings -> Language & Keyboard -> Touch Input -> User Dictionary and u can delete words u don't want or add in words

Galaxy S IMO:

Simple
Small profile (however its about the same size as a Droid X)
Swype
I believe you can add pages/tabs to the UI, but not too fond of the UI
Runs on 2.2

i like HTC Sense the best on Android phones.

N`Chync

« Reply #7 on: October 04, 2010, 04:19:03 PM »
i don't like the form factor of the Droid X. that phone doesn't iimpress me much. the only things it has going for it is the it's 4.3" screen (but it's not Super AMOLED) and it's super fast (but it's graphics capabilities isn't all that).

Offline i_r_stupid

• PH Regular
  • Respect: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 04, 2010, 06:17:14 PM »
Can't wait to get the Epic 4G. Less than 2 more months with verizon. I'm getting sick of them putting Bing on the new phones. Its footprint phone dammit, not a Bing phone.  Besides the plans are ways cheaper. I just hope wimax will come to wi soon.

N`Chync

« Reply #9 on: October 04, 2010, 06:32:36 PM »
LTE 4G is better than WiMax 4G. you'll probably be getting LTE in Wi before WiMax. but who knows what devices Verizon will get within that time. expect more Motorola phones. Epic 4G is probably it for Sprint too. neither companies are upgrading their 3G either but do expect a lot of 3G phones from Verizon.

Darkplanetasia

« Reply #10 on: October 05, 2010, 12:15:44 AM »
can the captivate play flash videos? doesn't seem likely. it should right especially with the new firmware

OVER!

N`Chync

« Reply #11 on: October 05, 2010, 08:15:30 AM »
Android 2.2 Froyo had Flash player 10.1 support but 2.2 isn't out for Galaxy phones yet officially. U can use the Skyfire browser which can play flash videos. 

Darkplanetasia

« Reply #12 on: October 05, 2010, 10:11:22 AM »
I'm using it at the moment but it doesn't read all/play stuff on hulu
Android 2.2 Froyo had Flash player 10.1 support but 2.2 isn't out for Galaxy phones yet officially. U can use the Skyfire browser which can play flash videos. 

N`Chync

« Reply #13 on: October 05, 2010, 05:06:12 PM »
Hulu has blocked mobile sites from accessing since they want to charge people to subscribe to the Hulu app

Darkplanetasia

« Reply #14 on: October 05, 2010, 05:09:01 PM »
So I have to pay?
Hulu has blocked mobile sites from accessing since they want to charge people to subscribe to the Hulu app
I

Advertisements