Advertisement

Author Topic: luvly....is she really?  (Read 226538 times)

Offline luvlylisa

• Elite Poster
  • ...luv me or hate me...
  • Respect: +267
    • View Profile
Re: luvly....is she really?
« Reply #915 on: December 02, 2014, 04:27:50 PM »
Last week of classes for me this week; thank goodness!  I still have this group project and I just don't really care but it still needs to get done.  That with finishing things here at the office and having eval meetings in addition to packing and moving by the end of the year.  *deep sigh*  many times i wish i was still young and stupid and worry/stress free....but that's just in my dreams now.

Like this post: 0
可爱的丽莎。。。爱我还是恨我

Adverstisement

Offline luvlylisa

• Elite Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #916 on: December 05, 2014, 01:22:44 PM »
so stressed out...my face is surely paying for it. :(

another short paper due tonight and got word that one of my grp members is dropping out (for the semester) so I'm off to do this group project by myself.  It's really not hard but I need to sit down and actually devote some time to it.

back to square one with finding a place.  ::)  it's been frustrating and some ppl r really not being realistic....b ut who am i to say anything?  I simply just pay rent. ::)

Oh, I can't wait for my vacation!

可爱的丽莎。。。爱我还是恨我

Wi_sweetguy

« Reply #917 on: December 05, 2014, 07:55:50 PM »
Where are you going for vacation?

Offline luvlylisa

• Elite Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #918 on: December 05, 2014, 11:20:39 PM »
Where are you going for vacation?
no where. Just need to relax n destress.

可爱的丽莎。。。爱我还是恨我

Offline luvlylisa

• Elite Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #919 on: December 16, 2014, 02:56:45 PM »
it's been about over 6 yrs since I last spoke to this dear friend.  He got married and well....let's face it....once ppl get married many tend to stop talking or corresponding with single friends of the opposite sex.  He found me on fb last night and i found out that he's back on the west coast, divorced but with gf, and has five (or was it six) kids.  he hasn't changed too much....more dirt on that chin.  LOL glad to hear that he is doing well and has a beautiful lil family.  it's funny how we met and remained friends for so many years.  (No, it was never anything romantic.) He's always been a good friend and would call every now and then to say hi or tell me about his budding relationships.  I have to admit, I felt bad for him when my friend ditched him when he came to visit her moons ago (after he arrived she realized he was deaf and was rather rude to him).  Though we didn't have a romantic connection.... and he wasn't here to visit me....I showed him around town.  Yeah, I'd say that one friend was rather rude....but I guess as a high school kid...was I expecting more from her?  OK, I was.  But oh well.

Just some self reflection.... being that I am single.  (Not that I want to date this friend--that's not what I'm implying.) Is that why I'm always the friend and never the gf?  I'm too nice or look out for ppl too much that (sometimes even overdoing it) that it is only seen as a nice gesture....alm ost motherly or sisterly-like?  I know that I am rather understanding and try my best to get to know ppl (more on an emotional and mental level).  I don't mind going out and stuff but a simple conversation is more than enough for me than a night out to the movies. 

Eh....just a random thought.  8)

« Last Edit: December 19, 2014, 02:34:58 PM by luvlylisa »

可爱的丽莎。。。爱我还是恨我

Offline luvlylisa

• Elite Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #920 on: December 19, 2014, 02:38:07 PM »
house hunting has been stressful.  please, please make this work.....and see that everyone is willing to go give in a lil here so we all can have a roof over r heads!

That project....?  yeah, it's been put on hold now for another few weeks.  yes, i've to admit i've been procrastinatin g but things have been coming up and well....it's not done yet.  luckily for me, my prof is rather cool.  i have another class with her this coming spring.  wow, soon it'll be just about a year since i've been in school.  Give it another year n a half and I'll be done!  Thank goodness!

可爱的丽莎。。。爱我还是恨我

Offline luvlylisa

• Elite Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #921 on: December 29, 2014, 12:36:40 PM »
xmas was good.  ny is around the corner.....goi ng to a friends' bday/ny party.  it's a masquerade theme....we'll see what i end up doing. 

working on my project today....plan on getting it all done so i can finally turn it in. blah.

可爱的丽莎。。。爱我还是恨我

Offline luvlylisa

• Elite Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #922 on: January 02, 2015, 01:35:16 AM »
Turned in my project.  at least i got it done.

ny was good....hella hungover today...didn't do sh|t.  happy 2015 'erone! 

moving at the end of the month....thank fully we starting packing a month ago.  i've got almost everything in my room done other than my clothes.  can't believe after 20 years we are moving out of the house my parents bought.  it's definitely bittersweet.

these two weeks of vacay have been relaxing (i've been uber lazy) and i kinda don't want to go back to work on monday but in a sense i'm glad i'm going back to my daily schedule.  we don't start tutoring for another month but still many things to do.

可爱的丽莎。。。爱我还是恨我

Offline luvlylisa

• Elite Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #923 on: January 05, 2015, 03:44:50 PM »
it's a new year, yep.  2015.  i don't have any "resolutions" but I really need to work on my health.  so back to the gym....keeping an online food log on my fb, no-alcohol (beer and liquor) policy and most importantly, no soda.  It might seem like a lot all at once....but I know I can cut out the alcohol as I've done it before...it's the soda and gym time that I must really commit to.  I'm ready for a lifestyle change and I need this more than anything...for my health and for my sanity.  Let's do this!!!! O0

可爱的丽莎。。。爱我还是恨我

Offline luvlylisa

• Elite Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #924 on: January 12, 2015, 11:25:07 AM »
It's been a week since I've been on my "new year, new me"...last I checked I'm down 3#s but it could be more.  I'm in two fit challenges so I can stay accountable.  Thus far, I think I am doing OK.  My plan is to go to the gym @ least 3x p/week for @ least 30 min cardio.  Anything else will be +.  I will be pic logging my food intake.  I am cutting myself off of all alcohol (one year I tired to be beer-free and I was successful) so no beer and no liquor this year AND no soda.  The alcohol I know will be OK but the soda....my gawd....how I will die but I know cutting it out will do me wonders! 

It's only been a week....but I'm very proud of myself.  I'm not dieting to say but I'm just more conscious of what I put into my body.  I'm also snacking a lot more so I don't eat big meals like I used to. 

Urgh, classes start today and I already have a ton of reading.  So much stuff going on right now....school, work, needing to move a the end of the month, weight loss, and life.  I can feel the stress already.....ba d, huh? 

Think positive thoughts....an d use it to fuel myself in othe areas.  Common Lisa, you can do this!!!     

可爱的丽莎。。。爱我还是恨我

Offline luvlylisa

• Elite Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #925 on: January 13, 2015, 05:39:59 PM »
...typing up my first assignment for the spring semester...ano ther one due tomorrow.  *sigh*  so ready to be done w school.  :(

可爱的丽莎。。。爱我还是恨我

SamyElisabeth

« Reply #926 on: January 21, 2015, 05:39:09 PM »
It's been a week since I've been on my "new year, new me"...last I checked I'm down 3#s but it could be more.  I'm in two fit challenges so I can stay accountable.  Thus far, I think I am doing OK.  My plan is to go to the gym @ least 3x p/week for @ least 30 min cardio.  Anything else will be +.  I will be pic logging my food intake.  I am cutting myself off of all alcohol (one year I tired to be beer-free and I was successful) so no beer and no liquor this year AND no soda.  The alcohol I know will be OK but the soda....my gawd....how I will die but I know cutting it out will do me wonders! 

It's only been a week....but I'm very proud of myself.  I'm not dieting to say but I'm just more conscious of what I put into my body.  I'm also snacking a lot more so I don't eat big meals like I used to. 

Urgh, classes start today and I already have a ton of reading.  So much stuff going on right now....school, work, needing to move a the end of the month, weight loss, and life.  I can feel the stress already.....ba d, huh? 

Think positive thoughts....an d use it to fuel myself in othe areas.  Common Lisa, you can do this!!!   

Yes, you can do it. Sending you positive energy! :)

Offline luvlylisa

• Elite Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #927 on: January 22, 2015, 04:43:37 PM »
Yes, you can do it. Sending you positive energy! :)
Awww...thanks!  I've been so bz with things I've been coming on here (or ph in general) less and less.

It's been almost 3 weeks and I've at least maintained the -3#s but have not lost anything else.  I am consistent with meal prep so I stay accountable to my food intake and go to the gym 3x/week.  Yesterday I felt like I was going to drop as I walked out with my arms feeling like noodles and the bottom of my feet were sore and burning.  It was a good pain.  Today I'm not as sore but my back and neck are....those boxing drills with my brother surely got me. 

One step at a time.  School is now under way and I've got quite a few things on my plate.  Though I'm also back at the office my typical bz schedule doesn't start for another week--so for now I'm OK--staying afloat. 

We're moving at the end of the month (another added stress) and i have just about everything in a box and ready to go.  i''ve moved all but two boxes downstairs so now I just have my bed, a shelf, my wardrobe, and my armoire to take down.

可爱的丽莎。。。爱我还是恨我

Offline luvlylisa

• Elite Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #928 on: January 23, 2015, 02:03:26 PM »
just something I was thinking about today n wanted to share...

Young ppl, plz remember ur only young 1. Don't grow up 2 fast. Take ur time on this journey we call life. At times the grass will seem greener on other sides than ur own, u will trip and fall, there will be ppl who will catch u and there will b others who will lure u for their on selfishness. In the end the scars and the love only beautifies ur soul. Appreciate words of wisdom and embrace those who tremble to speak. Live to seek happiness but don't forget those sacrificed theirs for yours.

In this fast paced world, it's ez to want to "sit at the big folks table" but realize the person sitting in their chair looking out the window with wrinkles upon their face and frail bones will be reminiscing about how they could turn back the hands of time and be a kid again.

可爱的丽莎。。。爱我还是恨我

Offline luvlylisa

• Elite Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #929 on: February 01, 2015, 11:55:31 AM »
It doesn't feel like home yet but in time, I guess.  We just moved into the new place.  It's not exactly what we wanted but when ur running out of time and there isn't much variety you find what is suitable and affordable.  So many things wrong though, urgh! 

Moviing is a total body workout!  I'm hurting just sitting here as I type!  Every f'ing fiber of my being is literally sore!

As frustrating as moving can be...it was also very sad.  I tried really hard to hold back the tears.  It's been a little over two years since the divorce and since we no longer owned the house (but were still tenants since the person we sold it to let us stay and rented it to us) to finally drive away from my childhood was bittersweet... more so bitter than sweet but u know what I mean.  Bitter bc it was home....it was what my parents, together, worked hard to provide for us kids; sweet bc this new year has definitely been about change and adjustments.  A sign of new and good things to come?  Hope so.  It was also very sad bc as frustrated as we were with my mom and her packrat of crap she wouldn't let go of, to see her so broken was so much harder.  My luv hate relationship w my mom is like no other but in the end she's my mom.  We bicker, we argue, and we get on each others' nerves but in the end after arguing we do luv each other....n r own way.  I know she left a little bit of her soul with that house this weekend.  She literally was so sick that she puked upon reaching the new place and has been bed ridden since Friday.  I just hope she can understand and accept that we all have to move on and can't hope for or live in the past.  Cause it's really "killing" us and I know it's going to eat her from the inside out.  The sad part is no matter what we say or do, it's not enough or good to heal her pain but instead she interprets it as not luving her.  *urgh* Yus yog menyuam ces, ua dab tsi los yus yog tus txhaum.

« Last Edit: February 13, 2015, 02:24:40 PM by luvlylisa »

可爱的丽莎。。。爱我还是恨我

Advertisements