Advertisement

Author Topic: luvly....is she really?  (Read 227753 times)

Offline luvlylisa

• Elite Poster
  • ...luv me or hate me...
  • Respect: +267
    • View Profile
Re: luvly....is she really?
« Reply #450 on: August 06, 2012, 03:11:23 PM »
Was at a funeral all weekend. So sad to c my girls lose their mom--my nyab (that's what i call her at least). it was a simple funeral...not much drumming or bowing since none of the kids r married....as they said, tshib lub paj thiab peb lub noob.

Being there it made me wondee how it'd b like if it was one of my parents.....ho w crazy it would b. would there b drama? Would ppl b making a scene? Would the usual ppl b talking sh*t? Would we b pulled a million directions or would they let us mourn r own way?

I also felt bad for the  children as no one informed them of the rituals n ceremonies...t hus will they have blessings from mom? nowadays as menyuam hmoob mekas many do not know (nor understand) much n nstead of informing them others rather be the critic n run their mouth nstead. ::)

Like this post: 0
可爱的丽莎。。。爱我还是恨我

Adverstisement

Offline luvlylisa

• Elite Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #451 on: August 07, 2012, 02:41:22 PM »
I was hella tired from the weekend so i took the day off yesterday. 

today we had two candidate interviews for our director position.  both are more than qualified.  I don't know what I would want in the office...as one is new to the area and would bring something new to the table and program.  the other has been with the program for the last year and she is from the area--however, other than her year with the program it is still quite new for her.  both bring a lot to the table.  one however, has the advantage as she knows the kids and their families and has already built relations with school administrators and has and still is maintaining those relationships.  either way, it'll be good to finally have someone to really report to now.

we're suppose to be heading to arkansas this weekend for a week or so but looks like my family down there will all be rather busy.  so instead of a week we may just go for a few days.  that means i'll be back home for my bday and we'll do something here instead.  perhaps something low key.  i don't want to go out or do anything extravagant--there's no need.  especially since we're going "camping" labor day weekend for my bro and our friends' bdays.  it'll be fun--relaxing definitely!

可爱的丽莎。。。爱我还是恨我

Offline luvlylisa

• Elite Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #452 on: August 08, 2012, 12:38:59 PM »
interviews interviews interviews.... yes, that's what I'm doing all day today.  ::)

可爱的丽莎。。。爱我还是恨我

Offline luvlylisa

• Elite Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #453 on: August 09, 2012, 02:37:46 PM »
finally got in touch w the relatives last night thus we are set to head down to arkansas tomorrow.

it's been ages since i've been there...i think the last time i was there was when i was about 9.  my brother went back in the summer of '98 and got to spend time with the relatives, fishing, hunting, going out on the 4wheelers and whatnot.  i don't think we'll get to do all that (maybe some fishing) this time since many of the relatives are older now and with families.  we were thinking we'd spend a week down there but maybe we'll just stay until wed.  we'll see.  it'll be nice to go away (other than across the river to mn) and do something different.  i know my mom has been wanting to go down for a while now and we can finally take some vacation!

i remember living down there when we were kids and it was the best thing/time ever!  then again, i didn't have to worry about anything.  i had family who luved me and was cared for at all times.  there was nothing to cry about--unless one of my bro's beat me up or i got knuckled for spilling milk or something.  i do have to say though, of all my relatives my arkansas relatives r some of the nicest ppl i've ever met in my life!  they not only helped babysit my siblings and i but they truly luved us unconditionall y.  they have big and caring hearts and they were always supportive and encouraging.  never did they speak badly about my family and i or anyone else for that matter.  they luved giving hugs and their soft voices always brought smiles to us kids.  i always thought the southern twang in their hmong was so cool--i still think it is.  i'm actually somewhat saddened though born in arkansas i never developed the twang in my speech.  regardless, we adored them all and when we moved to WI we missed them dearly. 

*sigh*  now, i just hope we don't kill each other on this 14hr drive down.

可爱的丽莎。。。爱我还是恨我

Offline luvlylisa

• Elite Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #454 on: August 10, 2012, 02:01:32 PM »
Yep, we're on the road now. It's been just a mere 15 min. So far so good. We decided to head out earlier than planned but we should get there early tomorrow morning. My bro n i will b alternating the drive down. I'm most likely the one to drive the night shift.

Looking forward to this trip....haven't had a vaction since this time last year. Last year it was philly n the east coast w my sis this summer it'll b down south w the first hmong families we lived w when my parents came to the us. It'll b like taking a stsp back n time for me--a lil bit @ least...that i already know.

Don't worry....i'll take plenty of pics...espeaci ally after finding my camera! O0

可爱的丽莎。。。爱我还是恨我

Offline luvlylisa

• Elite Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #455 on: August 13, 2012, 04:07:12 PM »
Still n Arkansas...@ a bar having a few beers w my cousin. So far it's been nice seeing the relatives n hanging out n chillaxing...e ating a ton.

I've not had access to internet since we're out n the boonies. So not been able to update much.

可爱的丽莎。。。爱我还是恨我

LadyLionness

« Reply #456 on: August 13, 2012, 05:22:53 PM »
Still n Arkansas...@ a bar having a few beers w my cousin. So far it's been nice seeing the relatives n hanging out n chillaxing...e ating a ton.

I've not had access to internet since we're out n the boonies. So not been able to update much.

Have fun.  PH will still be here when you come back.

Offline luvlylisa

• Elite Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #457 on: August 15, 2012, 04:32:12 PM »
On r way back....almost 2 kansas city n a few more hrs n we'll b n iowa where i'll b trading off 2 drive.

We didn't do much since the cousins were working...spen t lot of time from 1 relative 2 another though.

Thankfully i've still a few days of vacay left. Now, what 2 do 4 my bday 2morrow? Eh....no plans but that's ok. O0

可爱的丽莎。。。爱我还是恨我

proudlao

« Reply #458 on: August 16, 2012, 06:00:47 AM »
Enjoy since summer is abruptly about to end  :P

So your finally turning 50!?  :P

Offline luvlylisa

• Elite Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #459 on: August 16, 2012, 10:02:58 AM »
Enjoy since summer is abruptly about to end  :P

So your finally turning 50!?  :P
i'll enjoy what's left of my vacay.

Ha, 50....sure. Then that makes u 95? 8) O0

可爱的丽莎。。。爱我还是恨我

proudlao

« Reply #460 on: August 16, 2012, 10:22:41 AM »
i'll enjoy what's left of my vacay.

Ha, 50....sure. Then that makes u 95? 8) O0

OMG am still alive!  :P

Offline luvlylisa

• Elite Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #461 on: August 16, 2012, 10:37:45 AM »

OMG am still alive!  :P
Yes, ndeed u r. O0

可爱的丽莎。。。爱我还是恨我

Offline luvlylisa

• Elite Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #462 on: August 18, 2012, 10:21:37 AM »
Relaxing weekend...gril led last night.

No plans 2day. All i know is i don't want this vacay to end! Goin back on wed is goin 2 suck.  :-\

可爱的丽莎。。。爱我还是恨我

DonJuan

« Reply #463 on: August 18, 2012, 11:58:03 AM »
Relaxing weekend...gril led last night.

No plans 2day. All i know is i don't want this vacay to end! Goin back on wed is goin 2 suck.  :-\

I love those road trips O0
Sounds like you enjoyed it, pics would be nice.

Offline luvlylisa

• Elite Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #464 on: August 18, 2012, 01:18:31 PM »
I love those road trips O0
Sounds like you enjoyed it, pics would be nice.
I've been back from my trip now for a few days. Just chillaxin these last few days.

Pics? I'll post them eventually--but i honestly didn't take a lot; we didn't do much.

可爱的丽莎。。。爱我还是恨我

Advertisements