Advertisement

Author Topic: luvly....is she really?  (Read 228174 times)

Offline luvlylisa

• Elite Poster
  • ...luv me or hate me...
  • Respect: +267
    • View Profile
Re: luvly....is she really?
« Reply #735 on: October 03, 2013, 05:46:27 PM »
it's been interesting lately...but i've been bz.

yay, hmong new year is next weekend....i can say--I'm actually excited.  saving money and just wearing what i have in my closet instead of blowing money off for no reason. can't wait to see everyone! O0

Like this post: 0
可爱的丽莎。。。爱我还是恨我

Adverstisement

Offline luvlylisa

• Elite Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #736 on: October 07, 2013, 01:08:04 PM »
yes, it's Monday and another week of work, work, work.  thankfully i've friday off only to clean my room and the rest of the house as we are prepping for hmong new year this weekend.  i've picked out what i'll be wearing...whic h hmong clothes on sat and what i'd be wearing fri night as well as sat night.  i'm ready to mingle..uh huh!  LOL ;D

things have been pretty ordinary as of late...nothing too interesting.  work, home, eat, sleep--repeat  for the next day. 

i have 8 more hours of work today.  Mondays r my 13 hr days.  i rather not work that many on Mondays as no one is that productive on Mondays.  However, it is what it is and i'll have to get through it somehow. blah!  :P

可爱的丽莎。。。爱我还是恨我

Offline luvlylisa

• Elite Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #737 on: October 15, 2013, 12:53:15 PM »
oddly, the more i try to forget....the more i remember and find myself falling all over again. *sigh* wtf mang!!!

可爱的丽莎。。。爱我还是恨我

Offline luvlylisa

• Elite Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #738 on: October 21, 2013, 08:09:48 PM »
ppl just need to mind their own business.  sheesh!!! ::)

anyway...my monday is almost over...almost.

可爱的丽莎。。。爱我还是恨我

Offline luvlylisa

• Elite Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #739 on: October 24, 2013, 11:28:23 AM »
Been so tired today.  urgh, it'll be a tough one to get through that's forsure. 

all this hooplah with the h18c and dowry is getting cray cray.  i'm not upset about the $600 however, I am more disappointed that they didn't get a woman's perspective or input.  I'm also upset that they took it upon themselves to "do whatever so they pleased" w/o giving the hmong community a real and fair shot at understanding what they are doing and proposing.   eh, then again, not everyone abides by or looks for h18c approval for everything.  This also prompts thought into the function and purpose of h18c and its existence.  Weren't they to help mediate and counsel conflicts instead of dictating or imposing their own personal (political) views? 

anywho, it's almost friday....yay!  I have tutoring tonight...anot her 9+ hours of work.  yeah, so looking forward to it uh huh. Tomorrow we're taking a group of kids to UW-Stout.  Yes, I have to drive....a 15p van.  I so don't want to drive but I really don't have a choice.  It's my boss and I both driving a van up.  It'll be another long day.  We're leaving at 6:30 and won't be back until 4:30!  Luckily I won't have to work this weekend....wel l, not at work.  But I do have to get up somewhat early to help my friend @ her parents house since they tau nyuj ua neeb.  *sigh*

I have to report a hit and run.  Someone must have backed up into the car and left a minor dent and a few scratches.  My brother isn't too happy about it but being that I park in the parking lot all day while at work i have no clue who or how it happened.  :(  Stupid ppl though...don't know how to park let alone drive!  >:(

可爱的丽莎。。。爱我还是恨我

Offline luvlylisa

• Elite Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #740 on: October 28, 2013, 12:28:55 PM »
it most definitely was a long day on sat....came home and crashed for 4 hours!  Sat was a long day as well but we had friends over to help "send off" a friend who is leaving to do his dissertation in laos for a year.  it was a little bittersweet and sentimental after a good few shots in the system.  toasting safe travels and good health to him and to friendship.  LOL drunk idiots! :D

another monday....the month is just about over and pretty soon the year will be over just as well.  wow, where did time go?  ??? time really does go by so fast as you age huh? 

this weekend i'm off to another college visit (this time I don't have to drive since we're taking a bus)--to Stevens Point.  It'll be a long day but that's OK.  I also have to work next weekend as well...just for a few hours on Sat.  So that means I can shave off few hours in the week.  eh, evens out.

heading to mn in three weeks for a friends bday.  LOL those girls...."2nd chance prom" is the theme....thank fully I won't be going alone--but he's not my date.  at least, i don't think we're going as dates........r we? ???

可爱的丽莎。。。爱我还是恨我

Offline luvlylisa

• Elite Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #741 on: October 29, 2013, 01:03:01 PM »
choices....yes, a few choices i've got for turkey day.

a few choices in what to wear to my friends' bday party...

a few choices in treating a friend to dinner since i lost the bet. 

可爱的丽莎。。。爱我还是恨我

Offline luvlylisa

• Elite Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #742 on: October 29, 2013, 01:05:48 PM »
it's hard...he called yesterday and since i was at work i couldn't pick up.  i listened to the voicemail later and though he's in town and i should go see him--i really feel indifferent about it.  i know i should go but part of me is still very angry, bitter, sad, and hurt.  it will be very awkward and it will be very forced and i don't like doing anything that makes me feel awkward nor forced....it's not genuine. 

sorry if it means or implies that i'm being petty, disrespectful, mean, or even stubborn.  i'm just not ready to see u. sorry. 

可爱的丽莎。。。爱我还是恨我

Offline luvlylisa

• Elite Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #743 on: November 05, 2013, 02:27:06 PM »
ordered my dress for next week...it's so pretty!  Can't wait to get it!

i've been really sore lately....I think I need to stretch let alone a bunch of other things. 

work has been OK....every week there's something on the weekends....th is weekend is our monthly sat event--programming for the kids--career day this month.

next week we'll be heading to UW-GreenBay.  Yes, another college visit.  We'll be staying over night....as long as I don't have to drive I'm OK with that.

可爱的丽莎。。。爱我还是恨我

Offline luvlylisa

• Elite Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #744 on: November 07, 2013, 05:08:00 PM »
urgh, work this weekend. ::)

i'm just counting the days til next weekend.  then i get to party with my girls.....and enjoy some qt w someone.

可爱的丽莎。。。爱我还是恨我

Offline luvlylisa

• Elite Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #745 on: November 13, 2013, 06:08:37 PM »
So applications for grad school are open for submission on Friday.  I totally forgot and just saw the notice today.  I realize if I don't do it now I'll never do it.  I really don't want to go back to school but realize that i must if i want to advance in my professional career.  it's also demonstrating and setting an example to my students. 

of everything i need to get my essay together think about what i want to write about.  urgh!  i really don't want to do it...but i need to think about the big picture and stop making excuses.  this means i can't teach this summer....awww ...no more chinese class since my (online) classes start this summer.  well, maybe i can still teach--we'll see.

可爱的丽莎。。。爱我还是恨我

Offline luvlylisa

• Elite Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #746 on: November 18, 2013, 04:32:41 PM »
what a weekend!

hung out with an awesome gal....buildin g friendships... relationships. ..no matter what, all relationships in the beginning are always exciting and fun!

trying to maintain other relationships most def take work....nrg, and time.  some may be frustrating, confusing, and make u contemplate what friendship really means while others help you learn about not just urself but about how amazing and truly inspiring ppl can be. 

可爱的丽莎。。。爱我还是恨我

Offline luvlylisa

• Elite Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #747 on: November 21, 2013, 03:03:55 PM »
started my grad school application.  now i've got to get my references and start on my essay.  sadly, i've no idea what i'm going to write about.  i feel everything i come up with is not good enough of a topic.  urgh! ::)

可爱的丽莎。。。爱我还是恨我

aboo

« Reply #748 on: November 21, 2013, 04:26:10 PM »
luvylisa....gl ad to hear you are returning to grad school O0

I thank you for your time and dedication to those students.  You are awesome O0

Offline luvlylisa

• Elite Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #749 on: November 21, 2013, 04:34:21 PM »
luvylisa....glad to hear you are returning to grad school O0

I thank you for your time and dedication to those students.  You are awesome O0
thanks.  :)

uhmm....sorry but thanks to all the chaos with work my memory is totally shot.  but do i know u? jw.

可爱的丽莎。。。爱我还是恨我

Advertisements