Advertisement

Author Topic: luvly....is she really?  (Read 228017 times)

Offline luvlylisa

• Elite Poster
  • ...luv me or hate me...
  • Respect: +267
    • View Profile
Re: luvly....is she really?
« Reply #885 on: June 06, 2014, 02:54:28 PM »
Wow...just yesterday you were talking about applying...it seems.  Glad you've started your new journey.  :)
Yes, it did seem like yesterday but we're wrapping up our third week and 2 quizzes, two papers, and 12 discussion topic responses later....i'm at a solid AB.  i'm anxious for the last week as that is when i will start camp and it's my last full week of classes (we're done on the 4th of July).  However, my last summer course also starts that 4th as well and goes until the day before my bday (in august).  :(  I'm looking forward to having my first "term" over with.

only working monday and tuesday next week so i can focus on school and finish up what i can before we start camp.  it's going to be crazy i already know it. can you hear the excitement. yay.

thinking about treating myself this summer (after camp and school) to a trip out east again to visit my sis and her in-laws since we've not seen each other (and since she's no longer able to come out this way labor day weekend).  it'll be fun.  we don't need to do much...i just want to relax with the little time i have after a hectic summer.

Like this post: 0
可爱的丽莎。。。爱我还是恨我

Adverstisement

proudlao

« Reply #886 on: June 07, 2014, 07:11:27 AM »
Glad everything is on the up and up Lisa  O0  Hello btw...

Offline luvlylisa

• Elite Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #887 on: June 07, 2014, 10:42:43 AM »
Glad everything is on the up and up Lisa  O0  Hello btw...
hello dear friend! :wave: yes, things r going up, up, n away....(or so it seems) LOL :D

How r u n the fam doing? What r ur plans this summer? Started training for soccer? 

Had a snickers the other day...no coke though, been trying to cut down on my soda intake. ;D

可爱的丽莎。。。爱我还是恨我

Offline luvlylisa

• Elite Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #888 on: June 09, 2014, 01:42:59 PM »
halfway done with my first series of classes for grad school....and i'm getting nervous.  I know I shouldn't be sweating it but urgh...just to think about all that i have yet to do before i start camp! imma die i know it.   (OK, i'm exaggerating but dayem i don't want to think about all that i have to do in the coming weeks.)

可爱的丽莎。。。爱我还是恨我

zena

« Reply #889 on: June 09, 2014, 02:58:23 PM »
Yes, it did seem like yesterday but we're wrapping up our third week and 2 quizzes, two papers, and 12 discussion topic responses later....i'm at a solid AB.  i'm anxious for the last week as that is when i will start camp and it's my last full week of classes (we're done on the 4th of July).  However, my last summer course also starts that 4th as well and goes until the day before my bday (in august).  :(  I'm looking forward to having my first "term" over with.

only working monday and tuesday next week so i can focus on school and finish up what i can before we start camp.  it's going to be crazy i already know it. can you hear the excitement. yay.

thinking about treating myself this summer (after camp and school) to a trip out east again to visit my sis and her in-laws since we've not seen each other (and since she's no longer able to come out this way labor day weekend).  it'll be fun.  we don't need to do much...i just want to relax with the little time i have after a hectic summer.

You're a bundle of motivation, luvlylisa.  Keep it up!  You deserve a nice relaxing and fun trip.

Offline luvlylisa

• Elite Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #890 on: June 09, 2014, 03:10:56 PM »
You're a bundle of motivation, luvlylisa.  Keep it up!  You deserve a nice relaxing and fun trip.
thanks moonangel.  i'm trying to get through it all.  summer is more hectic with me due to camp.  so i'm curious how my schedule will be like during the academic year.  it's just the beginning but i'm sure two year will definitely fly by.

yeah, it's nice to take a break when i can and i know my sis misses us.  so about time i visit her n the in-laws.  my bil and i have bdays two days apart so we can do something.

可爱的丽莎。。。爱我还是恨我

Offline luvlylisa

• Elite Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #891 on: June 10, 2014, 04:38:26 PM »
getting in this paper i have due at midnight.  yeah, i've been procrastinatin g since i have all this stuff with work/camp to do.

luckily, i have the rest of the week off so i'm going to get this done and get all my reading prepped to take home with me so I can finish it and get started on next weeks' since I'll be going to the cities this weekend.  need some time to myself. can't wait!

可爱的丽莎。。。爱我还是恨我

Offline luvlylisa

• Elite Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #892 on: June 18, 2014, 11:51:05 AM »
in my fifth week of grad school and i've to say...it's a tough week this week!  :-\  i'm taking a break from my journal critique which is due at midnight tonight.  did i mention that i have three other readings to do and two other papers to finish by midnight as well?  Oh, but first i have to sit through staff training as we just moved into the dorms last night (what a workout!).  i'm really killing myself this week.  shoot me already. ::)

可爱的丽莎。。。爱我还是恨我

Offline luvlylisa

• Elite Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #893 on: June 28, 2014, 03:07:04 PM »
Yeah, I've been bz.....I have a week left of my first session of grad school and i just started "camp" last week so it's been a crazy two weeks!  Training and camp while trying to finish papers and two projects!  I'm very overwhelmed but still alive; yeah, even I can't believe it.

I am still planning on going to the east to go see my sis.  Haven't booked my flight yet--but maybe in the next week or so.

可爱的丽莎。。。爱我还是恨我

Offline luvlylisa

• Elite Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #894 on: July 14, 2014, 02:43:00 AM »
Booked my flight out to Philly.  I'll be out there for two weeks!  I can't wait.  We might make a trip to NY too.  Might.

My three classes are done but I've started my last summer course.  My last day is the day b4 my bday.  At least I can relax on my bday and then get ready for my real vacation out east at my sisters'.

school has been going ok.  it's actually better to be honest.  i only have class to concentrate on while i have camp. 

i can't believe summer is flying by.  just two more weeks--ok three, if you count the week out to milwaukee, left of camp.  though i'll miss having my own place i will not miss camp. thankfully that means after camp i have two weeks and then no more school until after labor day and i will be stress-free for a few more weeks. *sigh*

可爱的丽莎。。。爱我还是恨我

Offline luvlylisa

• Elite Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #895 on: July 18, 2014, 03:07:03 AM »
*sigh*  there's always twists and turns in life.....the celebrations and the challenges...t hat's all i can say for now.

可爱的丽莎。。。爱我还是恨我

Offline luvlylisa

• Elite Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #896 on: July 27, 2014, 11:30:07 PM »
Yay, got two of my grades........ .............

...and got A's in them both!!!  I am waiting for one more grade.  I don't know why it's taking my prof so long to put them in considering she taught all three of the classes.  Oh well.  I have to be honest....I was expecting grad school to be hard (academically hard....I knew it would be hard for me to juggle both a career and school--that was given) but I am pleased to say that grad school is much more easier than my undergrad. 

However, my mom was in the hospital all last week so trying to manage work and school on top of accompanying my mom at the hospital for a week--I'm a week behind and have a group project due in three weeks.  Not to mention, I'll be in Milwaukee for the week with my kids as we are on our trip.  Though I will have wifi access I will not have time to do anything considering all the programming we have planned for the week.  So I'm utilizing all of today to caught up on missing work and turn in what I can ahead of time. 

Life has been draining but I'm doing what I can.  I feel 2015 will be a year of continued change but a year of progress.  Let's do this!!! O0

可爱的丽莎。。。爱我还是恨我

Offline luvlylisa

• Elite Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #897 on: August 04, 2014, 11:03:20 AM »
i'm so behind on homework it's not even funny.

anyway....had a nice weekend meeting up with friends in mn.  that's always nice.  went to meet with this tailor and got my measurements for a spanking new hmong outfit.  i'm so excited!  can't wait to adorn myself for hmong new year! 

taking the kids to the lake next week.  it should be fun but I know it's going to be more work for me than anything.

can't wait for classes to be over with and for my vacay to my sisters'.  just want a nice break.  i've some things to do here at the office so with two weeks i'll do or finish what i can and then....time to relax!

可爱的丽莎。。。爱我还是恨我

Offline luvlylisa

• Elite Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #898 on: August 06, 2014, 06:43:38 PM »
finally got my last grade from my first session of classes and yep, another A.  I am rather proud of myself--and surprised.  In high school I was a decent student but as life progressed I and I was spread in thin I was pulled from as well as strayed from my studious nature.  For the first time in a long time it feels nice to see a 4.0 on my transcript.  A job well done--for now. :)

Now that summer camp is over I have more time to catch up on my missing work and work on my project.  My group and I have been meeting every night this week but that is ideal since next week is the last week of our class.  I am trying to get all this done and stay afloat........ .sounds like my life in a nutshell.

Yes, just two more weeks and then Philly!  I can't wait.....I so need this vacation! 8)

可爱的丽莎。。。爱我还是恨我

Offline luvlylisa

• Elite Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #899 on: August 14, 2014, 11:27:44 AM »
Tomorrow is the last day of my summer classes!  I'm so glad I finally caught  up this week and right now I'm working on my last paper--my reflection paper.  I'm hoping to get it done tonight so I don't have to worry about it.  I have a response paper also due tomorrow but that's not going to be a problem.  It's also dependent on all my cohorts projects so I can't really do without looking at their work first.

Summer seems to have flown by but in a sense it also seemed to have taken so long.  Technically, it's not over yet.  However, I feel like camp was sOooOoOOOOo long ago and this class took forever to end.  LOL *sigh*

They're painting our offices today....right now my office has three white/eggshell walls and one sky blue wall.  We're--they're painting it Navajo White...it's kind of off-white color.  Right now there are desks and chairs all in the hallway--which is small already--and I still need to take some stuff out of my office before I leave today.  My boss said most likely I don't have to come to the office tomorrow and I should just work from home tomorrow.  No need to twist my arm--I definitely will not be coming.  LOL 

I hope to squeeze in a birthday dinner with some of my gfs tomorrow.  Hope things work out so we all can hang out--even if it's just dinner.  Three of us are August babies so it'll be nice to celebrate since we can't celebrate together. 

So I'll be 33 in two days.  Eh....nothing new....I still look like I'm 25 although some days I feel like I'm 21 and some days my body tells me I'm 58.  LOL So eh.  I can't wait until Tues though.  I'm off to see my sister.  Two weeks of complete nothing.  I mean, we'll do things but I am ready for this vacation.  No kids, no nagging, no stupid ppl bothering me, no homework and papers.....two complete weeks where no one has any expectations of me.  GREAT!!! O0  Plus, there's so much to celebrate--I can't wait!!!

可爱的丽莎。。。爱我还是恨我

Advertisements