Advertisement

Author Topic: kindle  (Read 9641 times)

I_am_She

kindle
« on: November 05, 2010, 08:53:48 PM »
So, as a gift to myself I bought the Amazon Kindle.

I haven't been this excited since I bought the Wii and that turned out disappointing. But at least the Kindle comes with a 90 days return policy and not restocking fees!

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

roach916

Re: kindle
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2010, 09:12:27 PM »
How u like it now?

bootee

« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2010, 01:48:53 PM »
tell us how you like it.

i thought about getting a kindle too but my brother uploaded ebooks onto my psp so whenever i wanna read a book i just download the book and then transfer it to ebooks on my psp.

jbutton

« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2010, 03:45:32 PM »
I bought the sony pocket reader 350.  It's probably best left for reading novels.

What I really want is a large screen reader than can handle complex PDF documents. 

LadyThao

« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2010, 05:24:19 PM »
i have the kindle and i love it! i don't have to turn pages or hold it. just lay it flat and read it from there.

bootee

« Reply #5 on: November 23, 2010, 12:49:45 PM »
adding the Kindle to my wishlist.  ;D

jbutton

« Reply #6 on: November 24, 2010, 09:49:29 AM »
I like sony touch better.

I can have it stand on my desk.  while I'm eating..I can read.  If I want to turn a page, I just move my finger on the screen.  No need to press any button.  Just light touch.  I can do this while one had has a plate and one has has a spoon. 

bootee

« Reply #7 on: November 24, 2010, 03:47:18 PM »

I can have it stand on my desk.  while I'm eating..I can read.  If I want to turn a page, I just move my finger on the screen.  No need to press any button.  Just light touch.  I can do this while one had has a plate and one has has a spoon. 

oh yeeeeaaaaaaaah!

i was looking for one with a stand too. that would be awesome.

andromeda

« Reply #8 on: November 30, 2010, 10:01:31 PM »
I want that for Christmas. 

But I haven't been a good girl this year, so iono...  :-\

go-go

« Reply #9 on: December 09, 2010, 06:05:38 PM »

Sounds pretty nifty.  I would like to get an ereader and have been looking into getting one, but, iono, I kinds like holding an actual book.  There's nothing like curling up with a blanket and reading a book!  Plus, I love the smell of a new book - even it's technically an old torned book - if it's a new story to me, then it's new!

I_am_She

« Reply #10 on: December 26, 2010, 10:25:38 PM »
I really like my kindle because I don't have to try to hold the pages open when reading. I can stand it up and read and eat at the same time if I wanted to.

The things that I do not like about it:

You can not share books unless you share accounts! The joys of reading for me is sharing an awesome book find with friends and I can't just lend them my book.

The price of ebooks! Everytime I want to buy a book, I think of how much cheaper I can get it at the thrift store. I can buy used books for less than a dollar sometimes. I rarely buy books new because of this reason.

So so far, I have been downloading free books or super cheap ones. I have only bought two books that I really really wanted. The rest are all free or under $3.

Supposedly, Amazon is coming out with a book sharing system like the Nook so I hope it comes soon!

But over all, I like the Kindle. No more piles of books!

Special_K

« Reply #11 on: December 27, 2010, 09:51:55 AM »
I bought my sister the Sony E reader and she loves it.  It has free wifii - internet browsing, 3g etc...  !  She stayed up all night .. ! 

bootee

« Reply #12 on: December 27, 2010, 12:48:01 PM »
psp?  are you twelve?

I sure am!! lol
what? I love my psp.  :) ;D  That thing keeps me company when I'm traveling.
If not the games ...Its the movies.  O0

vangkm007

« Reply #13 on: January 17, 2011, 02:57:02 PM »
Got my ex a Kindle when we were still together. She loves it and I think it's pretty cool myself even though I'm not an avid reader. E-ink works great and we can surf the net anywhere with Sprint 3G coverage. Go for the free 3g one which is $50 more and you won't regret it!

passingby#2

« Reply #14 on: March 03, 2011, 05:00:30 PM »
someone needs to buy me one too O0

Advertisements