Advertisement

Author Topic: nook color anyone?  (Read 2346 times)

sweet_pete

nook color anyone?
« on: February 01, 2011, 06:18:05 PM »
anybody here have it... impressions?

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

sweet_pete

Re: nook color anyone?
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2011, 02:12:40 PM »
Yeah, I have one. I like it a lot. I initially wanted to get the regular Nook or Kindle just for pure reading purposes, but my husband convinced me to get the Nook Color for its other abilities, like internet browsing. I'm glad I did. My work involves being online so it's nice that when we travel for a weekend, I can just bring my Nook Color with me instead of my laptop and still be able to check into work here and there. My kids also like reading the kids' books on there. Oh, and I like Free Fridays--Barnes and Noble gives free ebooks every Friday, not just the free classics that you can find on many websites, but a lot of new stuff too. I've actually read some good books that I normally would not have ever picked up if it were not for Free Fridays.

The video quality on the Nook Color is really bad though, so don't expect to use it for watching youtube videos and such.
good to hear... just literally got back from b&n and bought it one for my wife. i like that it can do the ereading very well and some of the tablet stuff pretty well, besides the video. hopefully future software updates can relieve that.

Sifu

« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2011, 01:51:41 PM »
Got one for my wife.  Wifi, Android app ready, color, light youtube and web surfing are nice bonuses. 

Sifu

« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2011, 06:19:48 PM »
I should have been a bit more thorough.  

It's not going to be a crisp HD monitor, more like an LCD but for an extra $50 I felt you'd get a little more for your money.  It's not bad as well but comparing it to a tablet is a bit unfair.  Nook connects via Wifi and you can upload pdf files, get free ebooks from libraries or go to B&N bookstore.

It's a book reader with very light Android application usage and internet/youtube connectivity.  I believe you can upload photos too.  Might not be important but I can see it making a fairly expensive digital picture frame (always wanted to get one of these).  

If you love reading books (Kindle and Nook B&W have better readability) and do not have a need for those other apps then a regular Kindle/Nook may be more than enough.  But if you want those other aspects it doesn't hurt for a little more money.  I didn't like the turn page button for the regular Nook and Kindle but prefer the swiping feature like an iphone.

passingby#2

« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2011, 12:54:45 PM »
haha...could pass for a cheap ipad.

I want one too!

sweet_pete

« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2011, 02:02:39 PM »
just waiting for the a) ramsey county libraries to have ebook capabilities, which i heard is soon; b) android update with apps which i heard is soon too.

been tempted to root it, but sounds difficult and i don't want to ruin her nook.

passingby#2

« Reply #6 on: March 03, 2011, 02:10:35 PM »
No wonder Borders is going bankrupt, look at all these e-book devices!

Advertisements