Advertisement

Author Topic: how to get rid of malware?  (Read 1847 times)

werty

how to get rid of malware?
« on: May 02, 2011, 09:30:56 PM »
i think that is what i have =/

when i google something.... links would show up... but when i click on the link it automatically direct me to some advertisement. ..

is there an EASY solution to this? i tried restore my system to an earlier point but it doesn't even let me.... i currently have avira antivir.... it's free so obviously the protection i get is very limited....

what can i do? do i just have to fork over money to buy a anti-virus program? thanks in advance! if so.. which one? (a user-friendly one please)

also... can someone tell me if whatever i have... or think i have.. is potentially damaging to my system? and things like maybe i shouldn't be checking my bank accounts... etc...

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

Offline darkhelmet

• Respect: +56
    • View Profile
Re: how to get rid of malware?
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2011, 11:55:27 PM »
you have caught a pretty nasty virus.  you need to get rid of it asap.  if you use any ftp client and have saved the password, it will hack your sites.

follow the direction here
http://support.kaspersky.com/viruses/solutions?qid=208280684

then run an anti-virus software and do a complete scan

good luck

« Last Edit: May 02, 2011, 11:58:25 PM by darkhelmet »

I made you read this.

Offline TijLaugHmoob

• Sr. Poster
  • Keep my eyes on you...!
  • Respect: +5
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2011, 11:37:30 AM »
The best thing to do and your computer running better is.... reformat your system and start fresh......... ......!

lemlem

« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2011, 12:41:53 PM »
You got a browser hijack. There are a few options.  You can try hijackthis.

NkaujNom

« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2011, 11:08:31 PM »
You can try hijackthis.

Too complicated. HijackThis is actually meant for more advanced users. It'll only get really confusing trying to manually fish through hundreds of files and picking out this and that.

when i google something.... links would show up... but when i click on the link it automatically direct me to some advertisement. ..

is there an EASY solution to this? i tried restore my system to an earlier point but it doesn't even let me.... i currently have avira antivir.... it's free so obviously the protection i get is very limited....

what can i do? do i just have to fork over money to buy a anti-virus program? thanks in advance! if so.. which one? (a user-friendly one please)

also... can someone tell me if whatever i have... or think i have.. is potentially damaging to my system? and things like maybe i shouldn't be checking my bank accounts... etc...

The easiest way is F8 at start up and restoring it to an earlier date before you caught the malware (it's betterr if you know exactly when you caught it). It won't affect your photo, music, and general files. If you recently installed softwares, you may have to re-install them once the restoration is completed. Anti-virus programs are meant for viruses, otherwise they are useless for malwares. Malwares are not viruses, but malwares will keep picking up viruses and other annoying things.

You can try Malwarebytes Anti-Malware: http://download.cnet.com/Malwarebytes-Anti-Malware/3000-8022_4-10804572.html?tag=mncol;1

Some malwares will neutralize anti-malwares, so if this happens to you, try restoring it once again in safe mode. There are different types of malwares, but there are ones that steal banking information. If you're unsure of what type you have, look it up online or don't bank online until you get rid of it.

bruisedknee

« Reply #5 on: June 01, 2011, 07:03:02 PM »
The best thing to do and your computer running better is.... reformat your system and start fresh......... ......!

can't tell you how many times i've had to do that in the past
 :D

92hb_hb

« Reply #6 on: June 16, 2011, 02:12:28 PM »
send me ur HD and I'll cleanse it of all it's viruses, porrn, and it will be back to normal..

evil-in-deed

« Reply #7 on: June 30, 2011, 12:10:57 AM »

if you dont know much about computers... then its best to at least know how to reboot/reformat/reinstall your computer because thats what your best option is going to be... (assuming that theres nothing important in your computer...)

who knows how many files in your computer that may have already have been infected...

you dont have to buy an antivirus program... and if what you got is a 'adware' then antivirus programs wont help much... youll need anti adwares but most likely these anti adwares are the very programs that are causing the problem to began with...

thats how they work... you click on bad sites... you get infected... infection tells you to buy its cure... you buy the cure and get rid of the infection... the cure becomes a new infection and tells you to repeat the process...

so reboot/reformat/reinstall your computer and dont go to those sites anymore...

Advertisements