Advertisement

Author Topic: The true Hmong Myth behind "Zaj hav dej"  (Read 48053 times)

HmongKnight

The true Hmong Myth behind "Zaj hav dej"
« on: May 05, 2011, 11:25:59 PM »
Somewhere in the 80s in Thailand there were a river lake near Chiengmai. They said that in this lake there were many swimmers that got killed by a "Zaj". No matter how good of a swimmer they are, they will die once they try to swim accross this lake. So far there has been many Hmong great swimmer that died in this lake.

One day a Thai swimmer heard about the story and came over. He then wanted to prove to the hmong that there's no "Zaj" and that hmong are not good swimmer. Therefore, he went in and try to swim accross it. As he got to the middle, he then drawn and disappear and died. The Thai government got involved when they heard about the great Thai swimmer died in the lake. Therefore, they came over and drained the whole lake down to the bottom... and guess what they found.... THree giant Electric EELS...

SO, THERE'S YOUR HMONG ZAJ.. ELECTRIC EELS.

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

realism

Re: The true Hmong Myth behind "Zaj hav dej"
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2011, 12:30:40 AM »
Cool story bro, Now debunk the myth in the bible.

HmongKnight

« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2011, 10:05:18 PM »
realism: what part of the bible do you want me to debunk?? there are so many of them..

realism

« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2011, 12:55:48 AM »
Any

Peachy Fish

« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2011, 11:50:07 AM »
Thanks. That's really interesting. I wonder if they took a pic of the eels.

HmongKnight

« Reply #5 on: May 07, 2011, 01:29:34 PM »
Some people can't handle the truth and they don't want to know the truth.

buster_me

« Reply #6 on: May 07, 2011, 05:58:51 PM »
what you need to prove this theory? ask Michael Phelps to go swim there back and forth and see if he make it back in one piece. Phelps is the true specimen to prove your theory because he's the #1 swimmer. if he fail to come back in one piece damn it Zaj are real but if not your story is a fake and a big FAIL

Peachy Fish

« Reply #7 on: May 07, 2011, 06:03:49 PM »
what you need to prove this theory? ask Michael Phelps to go swim there back and forth and see if he make it back in one piece. Phelps is the true specimen to prove your theory because he's the #1 swimmer. if he fail to come back in one piece damn it Zaj are real but if not your story is a fake and a big FAIL

:2funny:

Buster_me, HmongKnight is trying to tell us how that zaaj haav dlej was debunked.

According to what he wrote, the Thai govt. found 3 giant eels in the lake, so whether it be Michael Phelps or some other great swimmer, their fates would have turned out the same, just like those who passed away in that lake.

HmongKnight

« Reply #8 on: May 07, 2011, 06:07:08 PM »

Put 3 giants electric eels in a swimming pool and if Michael Phelsp can make it through, then there is such thing as  a "Zaj". But if Michael Phelps can't make it through, then the hmong "Zaj" is nothing but electric eels.

buster_me

« Reply #9 on: May 07, 2011, 06:22:11 PM »
:2funny:

Buster_me, HmongKnight is trying to tell us how that zaaj haav dlej was debunked.

According to what he wrote, the Thai govt. found 3 giant eels in the lake, so whether it be Michael Phelps or some other great swimmer, their fates would have turned out the same, just like those who passed away in that lake.

exactly that the proof. if he couldn't make it, no one can. theory solve. Phelps better think he's aiming for the world record if he doesn't want to get swallow up haha

Offline Reporter

• Administrator
  • Pey-Pey and NiNi's 1st Snow Kid.
  • Respect: +562
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 07, 2011, 06:52:34 PM »
A guy actually got his Ph.D. for doing some research on dragons. After reading about and talking to people around the world, his conclusion: they are no more than a myth but they are fascinating imaginative figures in history.

I don't know why kumodo dragons are called dragons. They are just land lizards to me. We hunted them and ate them back in Laos. There are Hmong CD's and VHS videos of Hmong hutners taking them down as games for foods. Find the videos at your local flea markets. Or they'll be coming there again soon.

"...
The snooping eye sees everything."--Ono No Komachi, Japanese Poetess (emphasis)

Offline lifemystery

• Jr. Poster
  • Respect: +13
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 08, 2011, 12:09:50 AM »
No official pics No care  ;D

buster_me

« Reply #12 on: May 08, 2011, 01:37:46 AM »
A guy actually got his Ph.D. for doing some research on dragons. After reading about and talking to people around the world, his conclusion: they are no more than a myth but they are fascinating imaginative figures in history.

I don't know why kumodo dragons are called dragons. They are just land lizards to me. We hunted them and ate them back in Laos. There are Hmong CD's and VHS videos of Hmong hutners taking them down as games for foods. Find the videos at your local flea markets. Or they'll be coming there again soon.

that saliva is poison

Offline saki saki

• Jr. Poster
  • Respect: +61
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 12, 2011, 10:17:42 PM »
Some people can't handle the truth and they don't want to know the truth.
Some ppl FAIL, big time, unless you youreslf had ever encoutered ppl dorwning. You'll only want to believe in what you wanna heard. Zaj has many forms, I guess that the 3 eel wasn't perpare for that. Therefore couldn't go hiding. And got caught.
Knight, was there a mention on how big these eel were?
Or were they just commonly big like the lenght of my legs from hip to toes. Which is about 3-4 ft. I'm 5"5ft.
I've encouter ppl drowning here in MN. There is a famous lake here about ppl drowning, mostly hmong ppl.

realism

« Reply #14 on: May 12, 2011, 10:59:34 PM »
Some ppl FAIL, big time, unless you youreslf had ever encoutered ppl dorwning. You'll only want to believe in what you wanna heard. Zaj has many forms, I guess that the 3 eel wasn't perpare for that. Therefore couldn't go hiding. And got caught.
Knight, was there a mention on how big these eel were?
Or were they just commonly big like the lenght of my legs from hip to toes. Which is about 3-4 ft. I'm 5"5ft.
I've encouter ppl drowning here in MN. There is a famous lake here about ppl drowning, mostly hmong ppl.

Bro, Knight was just telling a story, so don't worry about it and its not the truth anyway, no links no evidence no real, just a story..but a cool one

Advertisements