Advertisement

Author Topic: Fighting For My Life  (Read 105645 times)

Giggles_Shyly

Re: Fighting For My Life
« Reply #135 on: July 07, 2015, 10:23:08 AM »
Interesting dream.....

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

Online VillainousHero

• Elite Poster
  • Villain or Hero
  • Respect: +399
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: July 09, 2015, 12:06:37 PM »
Interesting dream.....
Interestingly weird...LOL

The real villain is looking at you.  The last hero was just not true.  If everything works out in the end.  It's because all things make amends.

Online VillainousHero

• Elite Poster
  • Villain or Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: July 09, 2015, 12:24:40 PM »
So I'm not sure why my body aches and hurts.  I just attribute it to old age - over the hill.  I still a few muscles here and there, but only about half the size of what they used to be.  This year, I'm finally able to wear jeans again, at least my thighs don't fill tight in the legs.  Furthermore, my gluts actually have some room in those loose fitted carpenter jeans.  I no longer accidentally hit my face with my biceps anymore, actually really can't.  It's surreal to remember how ridiculous how bulky some of my muscles were.  Gosh nearly over ten years of not weightlifting anymore and I'm gotten shrunken in size pretty much.  Should have taken photos back then.

Now a pair of little 20# dumbbells feels weight heavy.  Gosh I can't imagine how I used to just toss that 100# sack of rice around, each in one arm and walk out the store.  That and walking in the gym with two 100# plates setting up the free weight leg press machine.  Freaking crazy, 4 plates of 100# and nine pairs of 45# plates is hard work gathering in gymn.  810# + 400# + water the weight of the leg press machine is 50# or 100# , people (women) leg press it empty of weights.

The real villain is looking at you.  The last hero was just not true.  If everything works out in the end.  It's because all things make amends.

Giggles_Shyly

« Reply #138 on: July 09, 2015, 12:34:43 PM »
My mom says that once we hit a certain age, our bodies maintain a certain weight and it levels off. We then have to maintain its health vigorously so it last our lifetime. We don't regenerate healthy cells as much as when they are younger. Deteriorating muscles are a factor of aging if you don't up keep them well ;D but fear not, you are not alone. Keep up the workouts and healthy eating habits :)

Online VillainousHero

• Elite Poster
  • Villain or Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: July 09, 2015, 01:27:30 PM »
My mom says that once we hit a certain age, our bodies maintain a certain weight and it levels off. We then have to maintain its health vigorously so it last our lifetime. We don't regenerate healthy cells as much as when they are younger. Deteriorating muscles are a factor of aging if you don't up keep them well ;D but fear not, you are not alone. Keep up the workouts and healthy eating habits :)
It is so different when personally experiencing it rather than just hearing, reading, and/or seeing it.  I see a lot of young, middle age, older people being fit and healthy but with added supplements and said strict diet...I sometimes wonder how differently I would be if I had went that route instead of just being natural.  Oh well, worry not of others, cuz it is all individual trials and journeys.

Giggles_Shyly

« Reply #140 on: July 09, 2015, 01:35:49 PM »
Not too late to start that journey :) supplements are good in a sense that they provide your body with missing attribute of vitamins you lack. I take daily vitamins :) and have been for a while now. I don't eat alot of meat so I need it.

Online VillainousHero

• Elite Poster
  • Villain or Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: July 09, 2015, 01:49:23 PM »
Not too late to start that journey :) supplements are good in a sense that they provide your body with missing attribute of vitamins you lack. I take daily vitamins :) and have been for a while now. I don't eat alot of meat so I need it.
Yes multivitamins is okay in that sense.  What I'm referring to is the protein weight gain supplements people are ingesting.  Sometimes I wonder if all that hyped up infomercials are more about sales dollars.  Its like people are not snacking on junk foods but are constantly ingesting protein shakes of some sort.  Back in the old days, a blended meal drink was the meal...today its just a milk shake protein drink.  Some people do it right, a lot are just crowd fad diets.

Giggles_Shyly

« Reply #142 on: July 09, 2015, 01:53:05 PM »
Oh stack building and muscle mass attributes, hehehe, gotcha. I think some degree of supplements is okay, don't over do it. No one wants to look like the hulk :2funny:

Online VillainousHero

• Elite Poster
  • Villain or Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: July 09, 2015, 02:04:28 PM »
Oh stack building and muscle mass attributes, hehehe, gotcha. I think some degree of supplements is okay, don't over do it. No one wants to look like the hulk :2funny:
The thing is what happens when you quit the strict dietary supplements/restrictions...I see people who balloon up or just turn into flabs.  Those kinds of transformation is just too extreme.

Giggles_Shyly

« Reply #144 on: July 09, 2015, 02:13:48 PM »
Oh I have seen the aftermath of certain individuals, not pretty. The trick is you have to slowly get off just as you slowly got on, just like an addiction :P

Online VillainousHero

• Elite Poster
  • Villain or Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: July 09, 2015, 02:16:43 PM »
Yes that's probably the best way, but it doesn't always happens that way.  Like getting injured in like a car accident... Boom everything changes.

Giggles_Shyly

« Reply #146 on: July 09, 2015, 02:22:13 PM »
In that case it's a real time change, nothing happens in a blink of an eye unless it's an accident or purposely done :P

Online VillainousHero

• Elite Poster
  • Villain or Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: July 10, 2015, 02:18:23 AM »
Okay today was the first time I had a customer who snubbed me right away.

Me: Welcome, will you be dining in or taking to go.
Cust: I want a Chicken Salad.
Me: okay which one, because we have the sandwich, flat bread, or a wheat wrap.
Cust: Shut up, it doesn't take half an hour to take an order. I want......(several items super fast).
Me: okay so you want the chicken...roas t beef...fries.. . Drink.  Is this correct?
Cust: (no answer...evil eye stares and hands over payment)

...few minutes later...compla ins, tell the manager the guy who took order took it wrong...

Hmmm...I'm the manager and I took the order.  >:D

Online VillainousHero

• Elite Poster
  • Villain or Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: July 10, 2015, 09:58:32 AM »
Reminiscing about fishing...

I still can't believe I used to fish with that clunky Zebco 33 Classic.  Even before that just some fishing line on a stick.  Then the one time I saw another kid with the pop can and bobber technique.

Well after seeing it once, I knew I wanted to do that.  Yes lucky for us, having them Asian drinks, they came in slender longer cans.  They were perfect for smaller hands of four or five years old me.  I didn't used it much cuz that's where the Zebco 33 came in.

The Zebco 33 may have been laughed at by everyone who have seen me used it, but when I catch fish, it all stopped.  True that I lacked the fishing skills, but that Zebco 33 was used until I was 21 years of age. 

I thought Zebco was the bomb, that my first fishing pole I bought was the Zebco Rhino rod.  I was convinced by all my fishing buddies to buy an open face spinning reel.  So entered the Shakespeare Alpha XT reel.  That's the cheapest open face spinning reel available.

I thought a fishing pole and reel is just a fishing pole and reel.  At this time all my fishing buddies were using equipment of around $30-$50 retail.  My as skills was still sub par in comparison.  I was just bobber or bottom live bait guy.  They were catching fish with jigs and rooster tails.  My equipment couldn't handle it.  So I had to upgrade.   What do you know, it's Shakespeare.  Yes the Ugly Stik lite enters on the scene.  I also upgraded my reel to the top of the line Shakespeare reel, Intrepid reel.  Wow huge difference.  Apparently better equipment does improves one's fishing skill.  I admit I was wrong to think equipment didn't matter.  It does. 

Well after one season of heavy use, the reels breaks down.  They get Grundy or loose.  They sometimes have a part break.  It was almost a seasonal thing to buy a new reel, year after year.  Well on my third time I by chance upgraded to a Shimano Sahara reel.  Wow this thing was amazing.  I was still partially in the mindset of a reel is still just a reel a rod was just a rod.  I tried out a new rod, a graphite rod from Shakespeare from Wally world, Sigma Titanium.  Wow total game changer from the Ugly Stik feel.  Also first seven feet pole as well.  The Sahara reel was good but I needed something a bit better. 

The season came to an end.  I was at Joe's Sporting Goods.  I saw the Shimano Stradic FG on sale. $100 sale price, down from the $120 retail price.  I bought two of them, the 4000 size.  Did some fall fishing with them.  Felt a bit heavy and oversized.

Christmas came around, decided to treat myself to some new fishing rods.  After extensive research I settled on Cabela's XML rods.  I ordered two of the 7' Heavy power two pieces rod, on sale of course.  Put both of the Stradic 4000 on, perfect match.

Spring came around and the Cabela's XML paired with Stradic FG 4000 were killing it, but was uncomfortable with crappie fishing.  By chance went back to Joe's Sporting Goods and saw still two Stradic FG 1000 reels in the clearance bin.  I snatched up both of them.  Now they get paired with the Sigma Titanium rods.

I can't remember in details of what the exact time table of how it all took place, but to it feels like that all was around late 90s or just new millennium.  Well today I still have those Stradic FG 4000 on the Cabela's XML rods.   Yes and lots of other higher end equipment since then as well.  Most of all, I am fully convinced that better equipment does improve one's fishing skills, especially in technical skills to use artificial lures. 

Online VillainousHero

• Elite Poster
  • Villain or Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: July 12, 2015, 03:02:39 PM »
People talk about thinking about getting healthy by exercising and dieting.  Well I'm talking about it and thinking about it.  So when will I actually get off my butt and do it.  I mean really do it.  Not this only fifteen minutes to half an hour thing.  Hmmm...maybe a little bit is better than nothing.  Still is it really getting the job done?  Oh wells, whatever sells.

Advertisements