Advertisement

Author Topic: Arts and Crafts  (Read 54749 times)

Corner.of.M.and.K

Re: Arts and Crafts
« Reply #45 on: June 30, 2011, 02:33:49 AM »
Quick question, ladies...

Have any of you participated in an Arts & Crafts Swap before?? If so, would you be interested if we hosted on here on PH?

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

Jubi

« Reply #46 on: June 30, 2011, 02:45:53 AM »
OMG nou LOVE LOVE LOVE! hehehehe!  ;D Those little wooden Hmong people are so awesome and adorable ;D
But yeah, if I'm not online I'm usually dinking around in my art stuff and trying to make something.

I heart this thread!

Moonangel, I love your jewlery!  I will have to make a purchase soon!

Jubi, you're so creative!  Your wooden graduation girl reminds me when I used to make little hmong people!  I've posted these before but since this is a topic, I'll re-post it again.  I should get into making these again... but I'm not allowed to use the drill.... LOL.. I've made some into cellphone charms, but I didn't take pictures of them..

The last three were custom made to order.. =)

Jubi

« Reply #47 on: June 30, 2011, 02:51:52 AM »
Quick question, ladies...

Have any of you participated in an Arts & Crafts Swap before?? If so, would you be interested if we hosted on here on PH?

Your work is beautiful too. Love those wooden plaques  O0 I have not heard or seen of an Arts & Crafts Swap taking place on PH yet, but that sounds like a great idea. I just have to get back into my basement work studio then and come up with ideas  ;D

Jubi

« Reply #48 on: June 30, 2011, 03:50:21 AM »
moon, I really like your gold swirl hill tribe necklace. I want to get it for a sister in law who's birthday is coming up sometime in the fall. Do you just take paypal, debit, credit card orders or will you take a check and money order too?

jubi, I totally agree.  I frequent quite a few artist's blogs and art forums just to see how awesomely creative people are.  Lately (within the last few months), I've been reading up on concept art and find amazement in peeps who can do storyboards because I just can never see myself doing anything like that (I think that's why I'm so fascinated by them). 

oncorhynchusmy kiss,  it was meant figuratively. As for art for money, I guess I don't understand how anyone who truly enjoys art can do it just for the money.  Usually, it's a passion.  A fire within burning to be released and rarely has anything to do with money. 

nou, thanks! And, those are the cutest little things! They put a smile on my face. 

zena

« Reply #49 on: June 30, 2011, 12:28:51 PM »
moon, I really like your gold swirl hill tribe necklace. I want to get it for a sister in law who's birthday is coming up sometime in the fall. Do you just take paypal, debit, credit card orders or will you take a check and money order too?

Jubi, I take paypal (and cc's through paypal), money order and check.

zena

« Reply #50 on: June 30, 2011, 12:31:04 PM »
I'm up for a swap too.  I think that would be a great way for all of us to share our work.

NkaujNom

« Reply #51 on: June 30, 2011, 07:52:48 PM »
♥I love this thread!♥

Unfortunately, I'm not gifted this way and have nothing to showcase.

good-in-deed

« Reply #52 on: June 30, 2011, 10:34:36 PM »
 :o I like  O0 O0 Awesomeness everyone!  :)

Offline yubnag

• Elite Poster
  • Redamancy
  • Respect: +83
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: June 30, 2011, 10:46:57 PM »
Nou, your Hmong people are so cute! I want to make some now!LOL

Give me a list of the materials, please! Thanks!

Moonangel does have some nice jewelry, giving them as gift would be lovely.

Here's what I made for my nieces, one is 12, and the other is 9. They are matchboxes, I found the template online; then used stock cards and pattern paper.

"Hmongtina" is my niece, half mexican, and "Angril Yang" is my first niece; we call her that because my nephew can't pronounce Angel and calls her "Angril" instead. lol

I got them a bike and a fish. lol

Making a hundred friends is not a miracle. The miracle is to make a single friend who will stand by your side even when hundreds are against you.

Offline yubnag

• Elite Poster
  • Redamancy
  • Respect: +83
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: June 30, 2011, 10:52:24 PM »
M & K, those are vibrant hair accessories; nice job!

Making a hundred friends is not a miracle. The miracle is to make a single friend who will stand by your side even when hundreds are against you.

Jubi

« Reply #55 on: July 02, 2011, 01:46:51 AM »
Jubi, I take paypal (and cc's through paypal), money order and check.

okay  O0

Roc

« Reply #56 on: July 02, 2011, 03:04:19 AM »
The longer I live, the more skills I realize I don't possess  ;D  Great looking stuff everyone!

Jubi

« Reply #57 on: July 02, 2011, 02:34:15 PM »
Roc, your photography work is not bad at all.

Roc

« Reply #58 on: July 02, 2011, 02:47:20 PM »
Haha thanks Jubi but I'm always careless when it comes to details. Realizing such, I appreciate it much more when I see someone paying so much attention to the finer things. My next project is to do japanese style fish paintings called gyotaku, like these (not my work just examples):

Jubi

« Reply #59 on: July 02, 2011, 03:14:40 PM »
^If you're someone who has a good photographic memory and can work the right part of your brain better than your left brain, then I believe you can draw/paint anything. Artists are typically right-brained people.

Advertisements