Advertisement

Author Topic: Supa's review thread..  (Read 1909 times)

supadupac

Supa's review thread..
« on: August 11, 2011, 02:13:03 PM »
I will post my review of books in this thread..

#1 The Last Lecture by Randy Pausch

Info This book is about a man name Randy Pausch who was diagnosed with pancreatic cancer. He had 10 tumors in his liver. These are his last thoughts and about what went in to his last lecture at    
Carnegie Mellon. He had a PHD in computer science i believe and he was a top lead in Virtual Reality concepts. He was happily married to a women named Jay and had three kids, the older was age 9 and the youngest was 1-2. In this book he leaves some of his last notes and stories about how he lived his life and what made him die a happy man.

Review It started good then it got slow. I hate to give this book a bad review due to it being about a mans life and his accomplishment s about achieving a child hood but for some reason i felt like it needed to be more sad. It was a good book though and at some parts it my heart pounding and tears knocking on the door. If you were to ask me about this book, i'd say buy and read it quick because it's a short book but a meaningful book.

Rating 4/5

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

AF-Wife

Re: Supa's review thread..
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2011, 12:57:35 AM »
I read this book a few years ago...it had me teary eye at some points as well.  A good short read.

Like this post: 0

Advertisements