Advertisement

Author Topic: Arvind Adiga's new book "Last Man in Tower"  (Read 1600 times)

Offline Solemn Wind

• Elite Poster
  • Respect: +59
    • View Profile
Arvind Adiga's new book "Last Man in Tower"
« on: September 21, 2011, 06:45:25 AM »
I can't wait to read Aravind Adiga's new book, "Last Man in Tower." It just came out yesterday (9/20/2011).

This young new East Indian writer is a phenomenal writer with great intelligence and insight. He is not afraid to tell things as it is by tackling all the cruel, disgusting, and depressing things in human societies that many people like to ignore or pretend it doesn't exist (especially when directing at their own people/country) while making you laugh at the same time. "The White Tiger", his first book is one of the best books I've ever read. It ranks right on top with the best Charles D!ckens classic novel. I was disappointed with his second book, "Between Assassinations", but just how is it possible to top or be as good or even half as good as "The White Tiger"?

Nevertheless, it's exciting for me to know that Aravind Adiga's new book is coming out and I'll get my hand on it this Friday. I just might dedicate my whole weekend this week reading "Last Man in Tower." If it's anything like "The White Tiger" I'll spend my upcoming weekend just ravishing that book, and yes, just imagine all the orgasms I'll get out of it. >:D 8)

« Last Edit: September 21, 2011, 07:44:47 AM by Solemn Wind »

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

kyrie_eleison

Re: Arvind Adiga's new book "Last Man in Tower"
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2011, 01:24:45 PM »
I can't wait to read Aravind Adiga's new book, "Last Man in Tower." It just came out yesterday (9/20/2011).

This young new East Indian writer is a phenomenal writer with great intelligence and insight. He is not afraid to tell things as it is by tackling all the cruel, disgusting, and depressing things in human societies that many people like to ignore or pretend it doesn't exist (especially when directing at their own people/country) while making you laugh at the same time. "The White Tiger", his first book is one of the best books I've ever read. It ranks right on top with the best Charles D!ckens classic novel. I was disappointed with his second book, "Between Assassinations", but just how is it possible to top or be as good or even half as good as "The White Tiger"?

Nevertheless, it's exciting for me to know that Aravind Adiga's new book is coming out and I'll get my hand on it this Friday. I just might dedicate my whole weekend this week reading "Last Man in Tower." If it's anything like "The White Tiger" I'll spend my upcoming weekend just ravishing that book, and yes, just imagine all the orgasms I'll get out of it. >:D 8)

Why?  Does he glamorize the beauty of Islamic/Muslim belief as a guarantee of salvation in the afterlife?  I can see how you could be drawn to this. 

Like this post: 0

Advertisements