Advertisement

Author Topic: On my exciting and amazing journey to the stars.....  (Read 424732 times)

Ajax616

Re: On our amazing journey to the stars.....
« Reply #1650 on: July 05, 2014, 05:53:28 PM »
A sentient being's chance of maximizing his utility is a long and prosperous life. - Spock from Star Trek Into Darkness

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

Ajax616

« Reply #1651 on: July 06, 2014, 03:05:52 PM »
Act as if it were impossible to fail. - the Strangest Secret

Ajax616

« Reply #1652 on: July 06, 2014, 03:11:37 PM »
Prosperity is founded on the law of mutual exchange. - from The Strangest Secret

Ajax616

« Reply #1653 on: July 06, 2014, 06:57:41 PM »
Thank you for a wonderful and challenging life. 

Ajax616

« Reply #1654 on: July 06, 2014, 08:51:54 PM »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ud2XKt2N8fs&list=PL8F29888A9D718594&index=48

Have you ever heard a song and it captivated you right away?

Ajax616

« Reply #1655 on: July 06, 2014, 09:00:50 PM »
Nothing Exists

Yamaoka Tesshu, as a young student of Zen, visited one master after another. He called upon Dokuon of Shokoku.

Desiring to show his attainment, he said: "The mind, Buddha, and sentient beings, after all, do not exist. The true nature of phenomena is emptiness. There is no relaization, no delusion, no sage, no mediocrity. There is no giving and nothing to be received."

Dokuon, who was smoking quietly, said nothing. Suddenly he whacked Yamaoka with his bamboo pipe. This made the youth quite angry.

"If nothing exists," inquired Dokuon, "where did this anger come from?"

Ajax616

« Reply #1656 on: July 06, 2014, 09:05:37 PM »
I realized that thoughts of you are still creating a suffering in me everyday and that is the truth.  Despite my claim of understanding, I am still attached to the gap in reality and perception that you created while you were here.  You created a sickness of which you were the cure, either that or true understanding.  I no longer wanted the cure to be you and so I reached for understanding.  Being human my mind has yet to be tamed enough to reach that understanding.  I am running through habits of yesterday, but I am making up my mind to dwell in happiness and understanding.  Through each passing day, I am wishing you greater joy so that I can be free as well.  Thank you.

Ajax616

« Reply #1657 on: July 06, 2014, 09:07:54 PM »
Non-Attachment

Kitano Gempo, abbot of Eihei temple, was ninety-two years old when he passed away in the year 1933. He endeavored his whole like not to be attached to anything. As a wandering mendicant when he was twenty he happened to meet a traveler who smoked tobacco. As they walked together down a mountain road, they stopped under a tree to rest. The traveler offered Kitano a smoke, which he accepted, as he was very hungry at the time.

"How pleasant this smoking is," he commented. The other gave him an extra pipe and tobacco and they parted.

Kitano felt: "Such pleasant things may disturb meditation. Before this goes too far, I will stop now." So he threw the smoking outfit away.

When he was twenty-three years old he studied I-King, the profoundest doctrine of the universe. It was winter at the time and he needed some heavy clothes. He wrote his teacher, who lived a hundred miles away, telling him of his need, and gave the letter to a traveler to deliver. Almost the whole winter passed and neither answer nor clothes arrived. So Kitano resorted to the prescience of I-King, which also teaches the art of divination, to determine whether or not his letter had miscarried. He found that this had been the case. A letter afterwards from his teacher made no mention of clothes.

"If I perform such accurate determinative work with I-King, I may neglect my meditation," felt Kitano. So he gave up this marvelous teaching and never resorted to its powers again.

When he was twenty-eight he studied Chinese calligraphy and poetry. He grew so skillful in these arts that his teacher praised him. Kitano mused: "If I don't stop now, I'll be a poet, not a Zen teacher." So he never wrote another poem.

Ajax616

« Reply #1658 on: July 06, 2014, 09:09:58 PM »
Teaching the Ultimate

In early times in Japan, bamboo-and-paper lanterns were used with candles inside. A blind man, visiting a friend one night, was offered a lantern to carry home with him.

"I do not need a lantern," he said. "Darkness or light is all the same to me."

"I know you do not need a lantern to find your way," his friend replied, "but if you don't have one, someone else may run into you. So you must take it."

The blind man started off with the lantern and before he had walked very far someone ran squarely into him.

"Look out where you are going!" he exclaimed to the stranger. "Can't you see this lantern?"

"Your candle has burned out, brother," replied the stranger.

Ajax616

« Reply #1659 on: July 06, 2014, 09:11:33 PM »
How do I find the peace that I am looking for?  TOTAL DETACHMENT.

It is my detachment that's creating a gap in reality and expectations.  Therefore I will chose peace and be totally detached.

Ajax616

« Reply #1660 on: July 06, 2014, 09:45:28 PM »
"Behold, O monks, this is my last advice to you. All component things in the world are changeable. They are not lasting. Work hard to gain your own salvation." - The Last Words of the Buddha

Ajax616

« Reply #1661 on: July 06, 2014, 09:49:26 PM »
Thank you for coming into my dreams, a long time ago, and telling there where you could tell me in the awaken world.  I appreciated it and I am always happy for you.  Then at that moment, I too realized that I am very far apart from where I want to be, regarding our garden, and I will replant it with a tree, instead of flowers.  A tree that may grow and shade us both in times of sunshine and/or rain. A tree is best because it does not require constant watering, and it doesn't grow thorns, and will survive cold extreme cold winters and hot summers.  Best wishes and thank you for coming to tell me. :)

« Last Edit: July 06, 2014, 09:52:11 PM by Ajax616 »

Ajax616

« Reply #1662 on: July 06, 2014, 09:50:59 PM »
SB,

Despite it having should not have been, thank you because it was very wonderful.  May your days be filled with sunshine.

Ajax616

« Reply #1663 on: July 06, 2014, 09:53:22 PM »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VH35Iz9veM0&list=PL5786CD2E89264F69

People make the difference and are the greatest assets of any enterprise.  Thank you for this great advice Sir Richard Branson.

Ajax616

« Reply #1664 on: July 07, 2014, 09:18:14 PM »
"Skills and knowledge are nothing unless you apply them." - Bruce Lee

I have a skill to break habits, and I know that you're not ready for me, and have not been so and will not be so.  The only solution is to wish you well.

« Last Edit: July 08, 2014, 10:21:03 AM by Ajax616 »

Advertisements