Advertisement

Author Topic: On my exciting and amazing journey to the stars.....  (Read 422268 times)

Ajax616

Re: To the person that I want to be
« Reply #315 on: March 06, 2012, 07:24:32 PM »
To a fellow kwv luag

It was very good to meet you again.  Thank you for saying hello in such a warm fashion.  I do admire your courage to strive and go forward, and I will use your example as strength to help in my own journey.

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

Ajax616

« Reply #316 on: March 06, 2012, 10:48:46 PM »
I may have overstayed my welcome on my Market Criteria.  I think I have to be more flexible and not use the moving average, but rather answer the question of would I get into the SPY at this point.  Would I still strongly get into it, and then consider the VIX into it.

Ajax616

« Reply #317 on: March 07, 2012, 06:58:57 AM »
I have not yet broken a trading rule, but out of shared emotional stress, I have compromised too much of my other principles.  This needs to stop immediately.

There is no reason to compromise any principles at any time.  Doing so is like breaking a trading rule, it can only make situations 3-4 times worst.

Ajax616

« Reply #318 on: March 08, 2012, 12:19:59 PM »
The conclusion I have come is this: If you do not have a plan for achieving success, then you will not have success in anything.  The most important thing is plan for it and execute your plan

Ajax616

« Reply #319 on: March 08, 2012, 12:21:24 PM »
My recent lesson in my trading journey is that I have to watch my variables better.  I cannot call it trending or a great pattern when it is no longer so.  I rather enter a trade that has all (or most) of my variables working in harmony.

Value my variables more conservatively

Ajax616

« Reply #320 on: March 08, 2012, 12:41:59 PM »
Most traders with a good system wash out of the markets because psychologicall y they are not prepared to win. - Alexander Elder

« Last Edit: March 08, 2012, 03:38:07 PM by Ajax616 »

Ajax616

« Reply #321 on: March 08, 2012, 03:37:37 PM »
My consolidation needs to be consolidation and not a topping pattern......

Ajax616

« Reply #322 on: March 08, 2012, 04:04:39 PM »
The only thing I have is my mind, I cannot poison with chemicals and thoughts ever.

And that applies to everything that I have decided at one time or another that it wasn't good for me.

« Last Edit: March 09, 2012, 08:14:38 AM by Ajax616 »

Ajax616

« Reply #323 on: March 08, 2012, 08:53:22 PM »
It was suggested to me by a very successful trader that when he came across these twelve steps he it made a difference for him in his results.

These are the original Twelve Steps as published by Alcoholics Anonymous:[10]

1. We admitted we were powerless over alcohol—that our lives had become unmanageable.
    2. Came to believe that a Power greater than ourselves could restore us to sanity.
    3. Made a decision to turn our will and our lives over to the care of God as we understood Him.
    4. Made a searching and fearless moral inventory of ourselves.
    5. Admitted to God, to ourselves, and to another human being the exact nature of our wrongs.
    6. Were entirely ready to have God remove all these defects of character.
    7. Humbly asked Him to remove our shortcomings.
    8. Made a list of all persons we had harmed, and became willing to make amends to them all.
    9. Made direct amends to such people wherever possible, except when to do so would injure them or others.
    10. Continued to take personal inventory, and when we were wrong, promptly admitted it.
    11. Sought through prayer and meditation to improve our conscious contact with God as we understood Him, praying     only for knowledge of His will for us and the power to carry that out.
    12. Having had a spiritual awakening as the result of these steps, we tried to carry this message to alcoholics, and to practice these principles in all our affairs.

Ajax616

« Reply #324 on: March 08, 2012, 10:01:10 PM »
One thing I changed that has the potential to give me larger losses on more volatile stocks is my Stop.

I have to keep track of it and maybe change it back.  A wider stop will serve its purpose for longer trades, but my trades could be too short to give that kind of stop.  So I will monitor this change in variable.

Ajax616

« Reply #325 on: March 09, 2012, 10:18:08 AM »
I imagine the psychotic individual who's hurt and has a very skew definition of reality, someone who can hurt and kill others.  My vision is to be just as psychotic, except for one thing, I will not take but give.  I will not ask what's in it for me, but how can I make each situation better for others. 

Ajax616

« Reply #326 on: March 09, 2012, 01:22:01 PM »
I have to re-adjust my position size to incorporate a average.  The price I will use for determining position is  (.75xP + .25xAverageP)/2.  Therefore I will increase position size to large stocks by a little and decrease position size to smaller stocks by a little.

Ajax616

« Reply #327 on: March 09, 2012, 03:37:07 PM »
One thing that I wanted to do was stay away from "Riding the Band Situations." unless the rating is really high.

I rode the band in CLF, WLT, FCX, and X.

CLF. - Too many negative bars......Ridi ng the Band
WLT - No execution at Bollinger Band
FCX -  No execution at Bollinger Band....execut ion was away from band. (order would have expired)
X - No execution at Bollinger Band....execut ion was away from band, after time expired..... (order would have expired....)

There were no clear signals or patterns in these trades, when I got my execution.  I have to do a better job of staying within my discipline and avoid these costly errors based on wish and hope.

I would not have taken these trades, because they did not fit my entry criteria.  I had to stretch it so that fit and doing so with a poor trigger.

Even though they four trades meet my valuation criteria, they did not have an execution trigger.  None of the trades were at the Bollinger band when they were executed.

These trades are Not executable.

« Last Edit: March 09, 2012, 03:58:08 PM by Ajax616 »

Ajax616

« Reply #328 on: March 09, 2012, 04:00:21 PM »
No matter how good a trade Rates, if its not executable then its not a trade.

I do not go against large ENG to start a reversal.

Ajax616

« Reply #329 on: March 11, 2012, 09:07:39 PM »
Thank you for such colorful and nice nieces and nephews that spent a couple hours with today.  I never noticed it before.  Thank you to such caring grandparents as well, always looking to teach us whenever we were willing to listen.

Advertisements