Advertisement

Author Topic: On my exciting and amazing journey to the stars.....  (Read 423252 times)

Ajax616

Re: To the person that I want to be
« Reply #330 on: March 11, 2012, 09:19:04 PM »
Thank you for the recent set back in my trading.   There is always a great lesson to be learned when we are able to look past results.

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

Ajax616

« Reply #331 on: March 12, 2012, 04:27:50 PM »
I am powerless over my Trading Plan and Rules

Ajax616

« Reply #332 on: March 12, 2012, 04:33:46 PM »
The three M to winning in Trading by Stuart McFee
1. M - Mindset
2. M - Methodology
3. M - Money Management

The three keys to winning in Trading by Alexander Elder
1. Psychology
2. Market analysis and methodology
3. Money management

The Trader is the weakest link in a trading system

« Last Edit: March 12, 2012, 04:50:55 PM by Ajax616 »

Ajax616

« Reply #333 on: March 12, 2012, 04:36:42 PM »
"You can only succeed in trading only if you handle it as a serious intellectual pursuit.  Emotional trading is lethal. To help ensure success, practice defensive money management.  A good Trader watches his capital as carefully as a professional scuba diver watches his air supply."  - Alexander Elder

Thank you very much for writing your book and sharing with your penetrating analysis on what it takes to succeed in trading.

Ajax616

« Reply #334 on: March 12, 2012, 05:57:56 PM »
Today is a Trading success, because....

I executed my trading plan exactly the way I wanted and tested and the way I wanted.

I was absolute discipline to my trading rules

I did my trading homework and reviews

Ajax616

« Reply #335 on: March 12, 2012, 06:01:10 PM »
When I was reading a psychiatrist's description of alcoholics and I realize that I am an alcoholic. 

I am powerless over alcohol and I will never have one drink again.

Ajax616

« Reply #336 on: March 12, 2012, 06:13:17 PM »
Trade with your eyes open

Every winner needs to master three essential components of trading: 1. a sound individual psychology, 2. a logical trading system, and 3. a good money management plan.  These essentials are like three legs of a stool - remove one and the stool will fall, together with the person sits on it.  Losers try to build a stool with only one leg, or two at the most.  They usually focus exclusively on trading systems.
Your trades must be based on clearly defined rules.  You have to analyze your feelings as you trade, to make sure that your decisions are intellectually sound. You have to structure your money management so that no string of losses can kick you out of the game.

- Alexander Elder

« Last Edit: March 12, 2012, 07:13:24 PM by Ajax616 »

Ajax616

« Reply #337 on: March 13, 2012, 05:15:00 PM »
My system, but so far I am drawn to less attractive trades that have slowed down my result.

That's okay as long as I continue to learn.

APKT vs ASML   - ASML is clearly the better choice, because of it is trending.

Metals, against LRB makes it a  no entry.... given two choices, pick trend over cheapness.

EQR, qualifies, but I cannot enter my order too far away, or else, I will not get fill at all.

The recent lessons that

1. Execute exactly as tested.   Tame my quantifying of my criteria.  They are too strong..... when its trending. 
2. Take trades with trend, over cheap stocks.

Ajax616

« Reply #338 on: March 14, 2012, 07:44:48 PM »
P3  Counter Trend is only after......ove r extended run, not against a Recent Cross in the moving averages.   That is why NEM and ABX failed...

Ajax616

« Reply #339 on: March 14, 2012, 07:46:12 PM »
Despite the fact that its under performing right now, I am still very discipline to my trading plan.

I have to give better thoughts to my entry and their valuation.

Ajax616

« Reply #340 on: March 14, 2012, 07:48:39 PM »
The Five Laws Of Gold

1. Gold cometh gladly and in increasing quantity to any man who will put by not less than one-tenth of his earnings to create an estate for his future and that of his family.

2. Gold laboreth diligently and contentedly for the wise owner who finds for it profitable employment, multiplying even as the flocks of the field.

3. Gold clingeth to the protection of the cautious owner who invests it under the advice of wise men in its handling.

4. Gold slippeth away from the man who invests it in businesses or purposes with which he is not familiar or which are not approved by those skilled in its keeping.

5. Gold flees the man who would force it to impossible earnings or who followeth the advice of tricksters and schemers or who trusts it to his own inexperience and romantic desires in investment.

Ajax616

« Reply #341 on: March 14, 2012, 07:55:05 PM »

For strength in the middle of discouragement, let VISION fuel your courage! - Daniel Shannon

Ajax616

Ajax616

« Reply #343 on: March 15, 2012, 11:01:56 AM »
The Serenity Prayer is the common name for an originally untitled prayer by the theologian Reinhold Niebuhr.[1] The prayer has been adopted by Alcoholics Anonymous and other twelve-step programs.

The best-known form is:

God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
    Courage to change the things I can,
    And wisdom to know the difference.

Ajax616

« Reply #344 on: March 15, 2012, 11:04:42 AM »
Thank you for my recent set backs in trading.  Because of it, I know exactly where my work lies.  My system works and does work very well.  My rush to prove that it works well made me apply it too quick.

I realized that I entered trades that were not part of the plan, and at the same time I missed trades that would have worked. 

My system does work, and I am glad for the lessons that I am learning concerning the execution of my system and Trades.

Advertisements