Advertisement

Author Topic: On my exciting and amazing journey to the stars.....  (Read 421776 times)

Ajax616

Re: On my exciting and amazing journey to the stars.....
« Reply #2310 on: April 14, 2015, 09:51:22 PM »
One Saturday, I called my so-call girlfriend at the time and say hey do you want to meet up before I have to head to a funeral home?  She said, sure let's meet up at so and so, a restaurant, however I won't be able to kiss you because I am grungy (she actually used another similar word).  She got just got done doing some sales work.  She's never grungy, I was so tempted to say, why would you bring that up and ask me to not kiss you, did you just got done sucking someone's long john silver (of course I wasn't going to use long john silver either).  ;D

But I kept my tongue in check and I didn't.

« Last Edit: April 14, 2015, 09:55:04 PM by Ajax616 »

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

Ajax616

« Reply #2311 on: April 14, 2015, 09:52:32 PM »
"Teach this triple truth to all: A generous heart, kind speech, and a life of service and compassion to others.  This is what renews humanity." - The Buddha

Ajax616

« Reply #2312 on: April 14, 2015, 09:54:23 PM »
If You Love, Love Openly

Twenty monks and one nun, who was named Eshun, were practicing meditation with a certain Zen master.

Eshun was very pretty even though her head was shaved and her dress plain. Several monks secretly fell in love with her. One of them wrote her a love letter, insisting upon a private meeting.

Eshun did not reply. The following day the master gave a lecture to the group, and when it was over, Eshun arose. Addressing the one who had written to her, she said: "If you really love me so much, come and embrace me now."

Thank you for helping to teach me. I should have listened. :)

Ajax616

« Reply #2313 on: April 15, 2015, 09:25:46 PM »
Why one should not add fuel to the fire:

Because it is during an unwise time when things can get escalated easily, save your contribution for kind speeches, instead of trash talks.

Ajax616

« Reply #2314 on: April 15, 2015, 09:30:46 PM »
Wisdom is a currency without end.

Ajax616

« Reply #2315 on: April 15, 2015, 09:34:49 PM »
"Optimism is the faith that leads to achievement. Nothing can be done without hope and confidence." - Helen Keller

All greatness comes from joy and happiness.

Ajax616

« Reply #2316 on: April 16, 2015, 06:41:11 PM »
"Optimism is the faith that leads to achievement. Nothing can be done without hope and confidence." - Helen Keller

All greatness comes from joy and happiness.

Supposedly the quote that lead Conrad Hilton, to built the Hilton hotel empire.

Ajax616

Ajax616

« Reply #2318 on: April 16, 2015, 07:26:00 PM »
To the beautiful girl with the amazing smile who asked for my name at my cousin's restaurant, aren't you going to come back to meet me again?

We both know you want to.

Ajax616

« Reply #2319 on: April 19, 2015, 11:11:06 AM »
"Teach this triple truth to all: A generous heart, kind speech, and a life of service and compassion to others.  This is what renews humanity." - The Buddha

Ajax616

« Reply #2320 on: April 19, 2015, 11:11:56 AM »
Thank you for an awesome day filled peace, joy, and happiness today.

Ajax616

« Reply #2321 on: April 19, 2015, 11:15:36 AM »
No Loving-Kindness

There was an old woman in China who had supported a monk for over twenty years. She had built a little hut for him and fed him while he was meditating. Finally she wondered just what progress he had made in all this time.

To find out, she obtained the help of a girl rich in desire. "Go and embrace him," she told her, "and then ask him suddenly: 'What now?'"

The girl called upon the monk and without much ado caressed him, asking him what he was going to do about it.

"An old tree grows on a cold rock in winter," replied the monk somewhat poetically. "Nowhere is there any warmth."

The girl returned and related what he had said.

"To think I fed that fellow for twenty years!" exclaimed the old woman in anger. "He showed no consideration for your needs, no disposition to explain your condition. He need not have responded to passion, but at least he should have evidenced some compassion."

She at once went to the hut of the monk and burned it down.

Kindness is even better than Buddhist mental and emotional discipline.

Ajax616

« Reply #2322 on: April 19, 2015, 11:17:08 AM »
My ultimate endeavor:

Dhammapada: 26, The True Master

Wanting nothing with all your heart, stop the stream. When the world dissolves, everything becomes clear. Go beyond this way or that way, to the farther shore where the world dissolves and everything becomes clear.  Beyond this shore and the father shore, beyond the beyond, where there is no beginning, no end.
Without fear, go.  Meditate.  Live purely.  Be quiet.  Do your work, with mastery.  By day the sun shines, and the warrior in his armor shines.  By night the moon shines, and the master shines in meditation.  But this day and night the man who is awake shines in the radiance of the spirit.  A master gives up mischief.  He is serene.  He leaves everything behind him.  He does not take offense and he does not give it.  He never returns evil for evil.  Alas for the man who raises his hand against another, and even more for him who returns the blow.  Resist the pleasures of life and the desire to hurt - till sorrows vanish.  Never offend by what you think or say or do. 
Honor the man who is awake and shows you the way.  Honor the fire of his sacrifice.  Matted hair or family or caste does not make a master but the truth and goodness with which he is blessed. Your hair is tangled and you sit on a deerskin.  What folly!  When inside, you are ragged with lust.  The master's clothes are in tatters.  His veins stand out, he is wasting away.  Alone in the forest he sits and meditates.  A man is not born to mastery.  A master is never proud.  He does not talk down to others.  Owning nothing, he misses nothing.  He is not afraid.  He does not tremble.  Nothing binds him.  He is infinitely free.  So cut through the strap and the thong and the rope.  Loosen the fastenings.  Unbolt the doors of sleep and awake.  The master endures insults and ill treatment without reacting.  For his spirit is an army.  He is never angry.  He keeps his promises.  He never strays, he is determined.  This body is my last, he says!  Like water on the leaf of a lotus flower or a mustard seed on the point of a needle, He does not cling.  For he has reached the end of sorrow and has laid down his burden.  He looks deeply into things and sees their nature.  He discriminates and reaches the end of the way.  He does not linger with those who have a home nor with those who stray.  Wanting nothing, He travels on alone.  He hurts nothing. He never kills.  He moves with love among the unloving, with peace and detachment among the hungry and querulous.  Like a mustard seed from the point of a needle hatred has fallen from him, and lust, hypocrisy and pride.  He offends no one.  Yet he speaks the truth.  His words are clear but never harsh.  Whatever is not his he refuses, good or bad, great or small.  He wants nothing from this world and nothing from the next.  He is free.  Desiring nothing, doubting nothing, beyond judgment and sorrow and the pleasures of the senses, he had moved beyond time.  He is pure and free.  How clear he is.  He is the moon.  He is serene.  He shines.  For he has travelled life after life the muddy and treacherous road of illusion.  He does not tremble or grasp or hesitate.  He has found peace.  Calmly he lets go of life, or home and pleasure and desire.  Nothing of men can hold him.  Nothing of the gods can hold him.  Nothing in all creation can hold him.  Desire has left him, never to return.  Sorrow has left him, never to return.  He is calm.  In him the seed of renewing life had been consumed.  He has conquered all the inner worlds.  With dispassionate eye he sees everywhere, the falling and the uprising.  And with great gladness he knows that he has finished.  He has woken from his sleep.  And the way he has taken is hidden from men, even from spirits and gods, by virtue of his purity.
In him there in no yesterday, no tomorrow, no today.  Possessing nothing, wanting nothing.  He is full of power.  Fearless, wise, exalted.  He has vanquished all things.  He sees by virtue of his purity.  He has come to the end of the way, over the river of his many lives, His many deaths.  Beyond the sorrow of hell, beyond the great joy of heaven, by virtue of his purity.  He has come to the end of the way. All that he had to do, he has done.  And now he is one.

Ajax616

« Reply #2323 on: April 20, 2015, 05:23:56 PM »
As I was getting my car fixed, I finally realized today that I became free of you.  It was through understanding that you are a glass half empty person wanting everything from everyone, and not being able to give, and that was why we had such a difficult time understanding the relationship.  :)

Ajax616

« Reply #2324 on: April 21, 2015, 09:39:22 PM »
Soft landing:

Thank you for the kind words again. You are my very wise uncle Neej Fwm’s amazing daughter.  I am very glad we met and I got to know your family better.  I love you very much and I will miss you and our unorthodox dates.  Maybe one day, you will return to me, and we will have amazing dates, awesome times together, and a journey to last a life time.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D_NQHqzcIfM

Until then, please take care.

Advertisements