Advertisement

Author Topic: On my exciting and amazing journey to the stars.....  (Read 423598 times)

Ajax616

Re: On my exciting and amazing journey to the stars.....
« Reply #2700 on: April 11, 2016, 10:37:44 PM »
"Don't talk about yourself, it will be done when you leave." - Wilson Mizner

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

Ajax616

« Reply #2701 on: April 13, 2016, 08:43:34 PM »
Honesty is the first chapter in the book of wisdom. - Thomas Jefferson

Ajax616

« Reply #2702 on: April 13, 2016, 08:45:42 PM »
Arjuna and Duryodhana

http://isha.sadhguru.org/blog/yoga-meditation/history-of-yoga/duryodhana/

This is a story of Humility.  The personificatio n of God, Krishna, which peace, is neither asleep or awake, but only pretending to be asleep, which means everyone around you is aware your ego or humility.

Ajax616

Ajax616

« Reply #2704 on: April 19, 2016, 10:22:37 PM »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iPUb0JUINjM

A song from Pride Festival 2015

Ajax616

« Reply #2705 on: April 28, 2016, 09:09:22 PM »
http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2016/04/27/violent-rhoden-brothers-met-a-violent-end-in-ohio-massacre.html

A violent person will come to a violent end....it is called the law of attraction.

Ajax616

« Reply #2706 on: April 28, 2016, 09:10:42 PM »

Ajax616

« Reply #2707 on: April 28, 2016, 09:16:34 PM »
http://www.nytimes.com/2016/04/21/us/women-currency-treasury-harriet-tubman.html?_r=1

I am glad a champion of human freedom is being celebrated for her humanitarian work.  This goes to show that anyone can do anything, especially if it out of love for others.

Quotes, Harriet Tubman

Every great dream begins with a dreamer. Always remember, you have within you the strength, the patience, and the passion to reach for the stars to change the world.

I freed a thousand slaves I could have freed a thousand more if only they knew they were slaves.

I grew up like a neglected weed - ignorant of liberty, having no experience of it.

Ajax616

« Reply #2708 on: April 28, 2016, 09:19:06 PM »
If you are in a position to prevent further violence, strike first, strike hard - Dalai Lama

From the movie "Savages", but did he really say it?

Ajax616

« Reply #2709 on: April 28, 2016, 09:21:43 PM »
The Dalai Lama has some very insightful verses. I’ve gathered my favorite quotes from the Tibetan leader about a variety of topics such as love, compassion, peace, humanity, violence, and the environment. It’s a very interesting read. Enjoy 😉 :

1- Happiness is not something ready-made. It comes from your own actions.

2- If you can, help others; if you cannot do that, at least do not harm them.

3- If you want others to be happy, practice compassion. If you want to be happy, practice compassion.

4- My religion is very simple. My religion is kindness.

5- Remember that not getting what you want is sometimes a wonderful stroke of luck.

6- The ultimate authority must always rest with the individual’s own reason and critical analysis.

7- We can live without religion and meditation, but we cannot survive without human affection.

8- We can never obtain peace in the outer world until we make peace with ourselves.

9- Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible.

10- If you have fear of some pain or suffering, you should examine whether there is anything you can do about it. If you can, there is no need to worry about it; if you cannot do anything, then there is also no need to worry.

11- If you don’t love yourself, you cannot love others. You will not be able to love others. If you have no compassion for yourself then you are not able of developing compassion for others.

12- Human potential is the same for all. Your feeling, “I am of no value”, is wrong. Absolutely wrong. You are deceiving yourself. We all have the power of thought – so what are you lacking? If you have willpower, then you can change anything. It is usually said that you are your own master.

13- We must recognize that the suffering of one person or one nation is the suffering of humanity. That the happiness of one person or nation is the happiness of humanity.

14- Through violence, you may ‘solve’ one problem, but you sow the seeds for another.

15- As people alive today, we must consider future generations: a clean environment is a human right like any other. It is therefore part of our responsibility toward others to ensure that the world we pass on is as healthy, if not healthier, than we found it.

16- To conquer oneself is a greater victory than to conquer thousands in a battle.

17- There is a saying in Tibetan, “Tragedy should be utilized as a source of strength.”
No matter what sort of difficulties, how painful experience is, if we lose our hope, that’s our real disaster.

18- The creatures that inhabit this earth-be they human beings or animals-are here to contribute, each in its own particular way, to the beauty and prosperity of the world.

19- A spoon cannot taste of the food it carries. Likewise, a foolish man cannot understand the wise man´s wisdom even if he associates with a sage.

20- In our struggle for freedom, truth is the only weapon we possess.

Ajax616

« Reply #2710 on: April 29, 2016, 05:53:06 AM »
http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2016/04/27/violent-rhoden-brothers-met-a-violent-end-in-ohio-massacre.html

A violent person will come to a violent end....it is called the law of attraction.

If a violent person will come to a violent end, why do we persist in allowing it to happen to us.  Our need of self importance blinds us to the true nature of life which is the service of others.

Ajax616

« Reply #2711 on: May 02, 2016, 09:13:46 PM »
To my future wife, I had a dream of you last night.

Ajax616

« Reply #2712 on: May 02, 2016, 09:31:59 PM »
I went to sushi Tango tonight I got a compliment on how good I look.....from a guy.  :2funny:

Ajax616

« Reply #2713 on: May 10, 2016, 08:58:46 PM »
"Good Job KH"

Ajax616

« Reply #2714 on: May 10, 2016, 09:03:15 PM »
Yudisthira at Heavens Gate

The great king Yudhisthira had ruled over the Pandava people for many years, and, among his many achievements had waged a successful war against the forces of evil. It was time for him to withdraw from the world, and to enter the Celestial City of the Immortals.

King Yudhisthira set off on the long journey into the northern mountains, along with his four brothers and his beloved wife Drapaudi. They were soon joined on their journey by a small, ill-kempt stray dog.

The journey was hard. They tired. And in the course of the journey first one brother and then another, then the third and then the fourth, fell, exhausted, and died. Unable to do anything for them, Yudhisthira and Drapaudi continued on the journey, followed by the dog. Eventually Drapaudi, too, fell by the wayside and died.

With utmost sadness, Yudhisthira turned and continued, the dog faithfully keeping pace. At last Yudhisthira and the dog reached the gates of the Celestial City, home of the Immortals. Yudhisthira bowed humbly and asked to be admitted. The great sky God Indra arrived to meet Yudhisthira and to welcome him to heaven.

But then Yudhisthira said that without his beloved wife and his four brothers, he did not have the heart to enter. Indra replied that these loved ones were already in Heaven, they had come before him.

This lifted Yudhisthira's heart, but he had one more request.
"This dog has faithfully accompanied me on this long journey, never left my side. I cannot leave him now outside heaven's gate. My heart is full of love for him."
Indra shook his head. The earth quaked.

"You, Yudhisthira, through your goodness and courage, and by enduring this long and difficult journey, have earned your way into heaven. But you cannot bring a dog into heaven. A dog would pollute the Celestial City. Leave the dog behind Yudhisthira. It is no sin."

"But where would he go? He has given up the pleasures of the earth to be my companion. I cannot desert him now." Yudhisthira turned to leave.

Indra asked, astonished, "You would abandon heaven just for the sake of a dog?"
Yudhisthira declared that long ago he had vowed never to turn his back on anyone needing his protection and help. "And so," he concluded, "I will not abandon my loyal friend."
Yudisthira turned from heaven's gate and began to walk away.

At that moment a remarkable thing happened. The faithful dog was transformed into the god Dharma, the god of righteousness and justice.

And Indra declared, "You are a good man, Yudhisthira. You have shown loyalty and love to a small, faithful dog and compassion for all creatures, ready to renounce for yourself all the rewards of heaven for this humble dog's sake. You shall be honored in heaven!"

And so Yudhisthira entered heaven and was reunited with his wife and with brothers to enjoy eternal happiness.

Loyalty to those that loves you.

Advertisements