Advertisement

Author Topic: On my exciting and amazing journey to the stars.....  (Read 423666 times)

Ajax616

Re: On my exciting and amazing journey to the stars.....
« Reply #2805 on: August 16, 2016, 09:50:50 PM »
My beautiful and amazing kids.  Thank you for the opportunity to be a father to such kind, strong, passionate and smart souls.  It is my blessing in this life.

Thank you for the wonderful Summer of 2016 and the wonderful memories you have given me.  I am very happy to have you all with me.

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

Ajax616

« Reply #2806 on: August 16, 2016, 10:02:30 PM »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ppNyUlVWTv0

England Dan and John "Just tell me you love me."

Ajax616

« Reply #2807 on: August 18, 2016, 10:33:53 PM »
Seven Deadly Sins
1.   Lust
2.   Gluttony
3.   Greed
4.   Sloth
5.   Wrath
6.   Envy
7.   Pride

Do you know why it is called the Seven Deadly Sins? 

Ajax616

« Reply #2808 on: August 20, 2016, 03:23:11 PM »

“The size of your dreams must always exceed your current capacity to achieve them. If your dreams do not scare you, they are not big enough.”

― Ellen Johnson Sirleaf (Author of this child will be great)

Ajax616

« Reply #2809 on: August 20, 2016, 03:24:45 PM »
"I asked for permission." From the movie Pompeii, even trust is needed between different species, much less between humans.

Ajax616

« Reply #2810 on: August 21, 2016, 03:21:03 PM »
 Seven Sins & the Early Church

Please note, the early church classified the seven deadly sins as cardinal sins or capital vices and taught that they could not be forgiven. However, according to the Bible these 7 deadly sins are completely and totally forgivable by God, but this doesn’t give free license to commit these sins. Biblically, the only sin that cannot be forgiven is complete rejection of God’s grace which is outright rebellion against God, also known as blasphemy against the Holy Spirit.
7 Deadly Sins List:

Envy = the desire to have an item or experience that someone else possesses

Gluttony = excessive ongoing consumption of food or drink

Greed or Avarice = an excessive pursuit of material possessions

Lust = an uncontrollable passion or longing, especially for sexual desires

Pride = excessive view of one's self without regard to others.

Sloth = excessive laziness or the failure to act and utilize one’s talents

Wrath = uncontrollable feelings of anger and hate towards another person

The Seven Virtues

The seven virtues were originally defined in the poem, Psychomachia, by Aurelius Clemens Prudentius, a Christian governor who died around 410 A.D. Because of the poem’s prevalence the concept and idea of the seven virtues spread throughout Europe. The following is a listing of the seven virtues and how they cure each of the seven deadly sins:

Kindness = Cures envy by placing the desire to help others above the need to supersede them

Temperance = Cures gluttony by implanting the desire to be healthy, therefore making one fit to serve others

Charity or love = Cures greed by putting the desire to help others above storing up treasure for one’s self

Chastity or Self-control = Cures lust by controlling passion and leverages that energy for the good of others

Humility = Cures pride by removing one's ego and boastfulness, therefore allowing the attitude of service

Diligence or Zeal = Cures slothfulness by placing the best interest of others above the life of ease and relaxation.

Patience = Cures wrath by taking time to understand the needs and desires of others before acting or speaking.

Ajax616

« Reply #2811 on: August 23, 2016, 05:32:03 AM »
http://michaeljohnsonperformance.com/

So, you have found the next chapter in your life.  Congratulation s my friend.

Ajax616

« Reply #2812 on: August 23, 2016, 09:52:14 PM »
"Health is the greatest possession. Contentment is the greatest treasure. Confidence is the greatest friend. Non-being is the greatest joy." - Lao Tzu

Ajax616

« Reply #2813 on: August 23, 2016, 10:01:37 PM »
https://www.amazon.com/How-Made-000-Stock-Market/dp/1614271690

How I made $2,000,000.00 in the stock market. - By Nicolas Darvas

The principle is sound, so what is wrong with this book?

Ajax616

« Reply #2814 on: August 24, 2016, 05:34:57 PM »

Ajax616

« Reply #2815 on: August 24, 2016, 09:26:25 PM »
Great Waves

In the early days of the Meiji era there lived a well-known wrestler called O-nami, Great Waves.

O-nami was immensely strong and knew the art of wrestling. In his private bouts he defeated even his teacher, but in public he was so bashful that his own pupils threw him.

O-nami felt he should go to a Zen master for help. Hakuju, a wandering teacher, was stopping in a little temple nearby, so O-nami went to see him and told him of his trouble.

"Great Waves is your name," the teacher advised, "so stay in this temple tonight. Imagine that you are those billows. You are no longer a wrestler who is afraid. You are those huge waves sweeping everything before them, swallowing all in their path. Do this and you will be the greatest wrestler in the land."

The teacher retired. O-nami sat in meditation trying to imagine himself as waves. He thought of many different things. Then gradually he turned more and more to the feeling of the waves. As the night advanced the waves became larger and larger. They swept away the flowers in their vases. Even the Buddha in the shrine was inundated. Before dawn the temple was nothing but the ebb and flow of an immense sea.

In the morning the teacher found O-nami meditating, a faint smile on his face. He patted the wrestler's shoulder. "Now nothing can disturb you," he said. "You are those waves. You will sweep everything before you."

The same day O-nami entered the wrestling contests and won. After that, no one in Japan was able to defeat him.

Ajax616

« Reply #2816 on: August 24, 2016, 09:26:58 PM »
Great Waves

In the early days of the Meiji era there lived a well-known wrestler called O-nami, Great Waves.

O-nami was immensely strong and knew the art of wrestling. In his private bouts he defeated even his teacher, but in public he was so bashful that his own pupils threw him.

O-nami felt he should go to a Zen master for help. Hakuju, a wandering teacher, was stopping in a little temple nearby, so O-nami went to see him and told him of his trouble.

"Great Waves is your name," the teacher advised, "so stay in this temple tonight. Imagine that you are those billows. You are no longer a wrestler who is afraid. You are those huge waves sweeping everything before them, swallowing all in their path. Do this and you will be the greatest wrestler in the land."

The teacher retired. O-nami sat in meditation trying to imagine himself as waves. He thought of many different things. Then gradually he turned more and more to the feeling of the waves. As the night advanced the waves became larger and larger. They swept away the flowers in their vases. Even the Buddha in the shrine was inundated. Before dawn the temple was nothing but the ebb and flow of an immense sea.

In the morning the teacher found O-nami meditating, a faint smile on his face. He patted the wrestler's shoulder. "Now nothing can disturb you," he said. "You are those waves. You will sweep everything before you."

The same day O-nami entered the wrestling contests and won. After that, no one in Japan was able to defeat him.

Before you can win, you will have to conquer yourself first.

Ajax616

« Reply #2817 on: August 24, 2016, 09:43:27 PM »
The Taste of Banzo's Sword

Matajuro Yagyu was the son of a famous swordsman. His father, believing that his son's work was too mediocre to anticipate mastership, disowned him.

So Matajuro went to Mount Futara and there found the famous swordsman Banzo. But Banzo confirmed the father's judgment. "You wish to learn swordsmanship under my guidance?" asked Banzo. "You cannot fulfill the requirements."

"But if I work hard, how many years will it take me to become a master?" persisted the youth.

"The rest of your life," replied Banzo.

"I cannot wait that long," explained Matajuro. "I am willing to pass through any hardship if only you will teach me. If I become your devoted servant, how long might it be?"

"Oh, maybe ten years," Banzo relented.

"My father is getting old, and soon I must take care of him," continued Matajuro. "If I work far more intensively, how long would it take me?"

"Oh, maybe thirty years," said Banzo.

"Why is that?" asked Matajuro. "First you say ten and now thirty years. I will undergo any hardship to master this art in the shortest time!"

"Well," said Banzo, "in that case you will have to remain with me for seventy years. A man in such a hurry as you are to get results seldom learns quickly."

"Very well," declared the youth, understanding at last that he was being rebuked for impatience, "I agree."

Matajuro was told never to speak of fencing and never to touch a sword. He cooked for his master, washed the dishes, made his bed, cleaned the yard, cared for the garden, all without a word of swordsmanship.

Three years passed. Still Matajuro labored on. Thinking of his future, he was sad. He had not even begun to learn the art to which he had devoted his life.

But one day Banzo crept up behind him and gave him a terrific blow with a wooden sword.

The following day, when Matajuro was cooking rice, Banzo again sprang upon him unexpectedly.

After that, day and night, Matajuro had to defend himself from unexpected thrusts. Not a moment passed in any day that he did not have to think of the taste of Banzo's sword.

He learned so rapidly he brought smiles to the face of his master. Matajuro became the greatest swordsman in the land.

Ajax616

« Reply #2818 on: August 26, 2016, 05:29:17 AM »
Because we reap what we sow, I will be having a talk with you my brother and my daughter.  We need to start sowing so we can reap.

Ajax616

« Reply #2819 on: August 27, 2016, 06:14:50 AM »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s6VaeFCxta8

This song always take me when I woke up from an afternoon during a time that I had just gotten married to my young beautiful wife. 

Advertisements