Advertisement

Author Topic: On my exciting and amazing journey to the stars.....  (Read 423760 times)

Ajax616

Re: On my exciting and amazing journey to the stars.....
« Reply #2850 on: September 08, 2016, 10:20:45 PM »
http://www.cnn.com/2016/09/07/opinions/dark-matter-analysis-lincoln/

The mysterious dark matter is too mysterious for scientist to figure out and find.

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

Ajax616

« Reply #2851 on: September 09, 2016, 05:37:09 AM »
What did Mao Ze Dong and Joseph Stalin do right....They have a genuine love and passion for their country.

Ajax616

« Reply #2852 on: September 11, 2016, 08:34:25 AM »
To my beautiful kids, it has been my pleasure and privilege to be your father and guide to such amazing and beautiful souls in this life time. You are on an amazing journey that will take you very far from me, in physical space, time, understanding and knowledge and the ways of the heart.  Please always remember to lead with and end with kindness and love.  Let others eat first for people are loving and will always be considerate of you as well.  Take refuge in knowing that you are strong on the inside and no one can ever take away no matter how much someone may unknowingly hurt you on the outside.  Please have an awesome and amazing day everyday of your journey here on Earth.

Ajax616

« Reply #2853 on: September 11, 2016, 10:11:15 PM »
Zen in a Beggar's Life

Tosui was a well-known Zen teacher of his time. He had lived in several temples and taught in various provinces.

The last temple he visited accumulated so many adherents that Tosui told them he was going to quit the lecture business entirely. He advised them to disperse and to go wherever they desired. After that no one could find any trace of him.

Three years later one of his disciples discovered him living with some beggars under a bridge in Kyoto. He at one implored Tosui to teach him.

"If you can do as I do for even a couple of days, I might," Tosui replied.

So the former disciple dressed as a beggar and spent a day with Tosui. The following day one of the beggars died. Tosui and his pupil carried the body off at midnight and buried it on a mountainside. After that they returned to their shelter under the bridge.

Tosui slept soundly the remainder of the night, but the disciple could not sleep. When morning came Tosui said: "We do not have to beg food today. Our dead friend has left some over there." But the disciple was unable to eat a single bite of it.

"I have said you could not do as I," concluded Tosui. "Get out of here and do not bother me again."

Ajax616

« Reply #2854 on: September 11, 2016, 10:14:30 PM »
Killing

Gasan instructed his adherents one day: "Those who speak against killing and who desire to spare the lives of all conscious beings are right. It is good to protect even animals and insects. But what about those persons who kill time, what about those who are destroying wealth, and those who destroy political economy? We should not overlook them. Furthermore, what of the one who preaches without enlightenment? He is killing Buddhism."

Ajax616

« Reply #2855 on: September 11, 2016, 10:33:52 PM »

Ajax616

« Reply #2856 on: September 12, 2016, 05:38:10 AM »
Zen in a Beggar's Life

Tosui was a well-known Zen teacher of his time. He had lived in several temples and taught in various provinces.

The last temple he visited accumulated so many adherents that Tosui told them he was going to quit the lecture business entirely. He advised them to disperse and to go wherever they desired. After that no one could find any trace of him.

Three years later one of his disciples discovered him living with some beggars under a bridge in Kyoto. He at one implored Tosui to teach him.

"If you can do as I do for even a couple of days, I might," Tosui replied.

So the former disciple dressed as a beggar and spent a day with Tosui. The following day one of the beggars died. Tosui and his pupil carried the body off at midnight and buried it on a mountainside. After that they returned to their shelter under the bridge.

Tosui slept soundly the remainder of the night, but the disciple could not sleep. When morning came Tosui said: "We do not have to beg food today. Our dead friend has left some over there." But the disciple was unable to eat a single bite of it.

"I have said you could not do as I," concluded Tosui. "Get out of here and do not bother me again."

So what is the significance of this story?  Happiness is being happy independent of expectations and circumstance.  The story takes it to extreme to illustrate a point.  No matter what is happening, they still service life by taking the time to bury their fellow beggar.

Ajax616

« Reply #2857 on: September 12, 2016, 05:48:21 AM »
There is a very large difference between being carefree and happy and being careless by doing anything your that comes to your mind and calling it freedom thinking that it makes you happy.  Being carefree and happy still implies discipline, being careless discipline and principles of love many times get thrown out.

Ajax616

« Reply #2858 on: September 12, 2016, 05:00:49 PM »
Two men were traveling together, when a Bear suddenly met them on their path. One of them climbed up quickly into a tree and concealed himself in the branches. The other, seeing that he must be attacked, fell flat on the ground, and when the Bear came up and felt him with his snout, and smelt him all over, he held his breath, and feigned the appearance of death as much as he could. The Bear soon left him, for it is said he will not touch a dead body. When he was quite gone, the other Traveler descended from the tree, and jocularly inquired of his friend what it was the Bear had whispered in his ear. “He gave me this advice,” his companion replied. “Never travel with a friend who deserts you at the approach of danger.”

From Aesop

Ajax616

« Reply #2859 on: September 12, 2016, 05:02:46 PM »
Two men were traveling together, when a Bear suddenly met them on their path. One of them climbed up quickly into a tree and concealed himself in the branches. The other, seeing that he must be attacked, fell flat on the ground, and when the Bear came up and felt him with his snout, and smelt him all over, he held his breath, and feigned the appearance of death as much as he could. The Bear soon left him, for it is said he will not touch a dead body. When he was quite gone, the other Traveler descended from the tree, and jocularly inquired of his friend what it was the Bear had whispered in his ear. “He gave me this advice,” his companion replied. “Never travel with a friend who deserts you at the approach of danger.”

From Aesop

The Anti Bear,

We are also deserted or sold away in times of promises of wealth.  In the case of the bear, fear is so much more stronger than greed and our companion may have no time to react, but flee, but in times promises of wealth, we are definitely betrayed because they have time to think about selling us out and then acting on it.

Ajax616

« Reply #2860 on: September 13, 2016, 09:27:28 PM »
A long time ago, I ran into fish.  I remembered it was in the late afternoon and I had traveled farther than I did from the refugee camp.  You know how you always get excited about catching a fish.  It wasn't that big of a fish.  Then I saw and this fish had only one eye.  I felt so sorry and compassionate for it that I let it go immediately.  When my memories come across it, I still remember the compassion that I felt then.  I guess emotions have their own memories.

Ajax616

« Reply #2861 on: September 13, 2016, 09:41:00 PM »
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/checkpoint/wp/2016/08/30/former-marines-sentenced-for-brutally-beating-man-who-had-an-affair-with-one-of-their-wives/

Do not alter the wonder path of your life, by giving into anger and revenge by allowing someone impulsive behavior to change your destiny forever.

Ajax616

« Reply #2862 on: September 13, 2016, 10:06:19 PM »
You haven't stopped your bad habits yet, because you have not come to the conclusion that it is bad for your future. 

Ajax616

« Reply #2863 on: September 13, 2016, 10:21:12 PM »
Whenever I start any project, it will be fun. It will be filled with what I love to do and what I believe in.  It will be filled with growth opportunities so that tomorrow will be better. It will have these three things and some more.

Ajax616

« Reply #2864 on: September 13, 2016, 10:30:34 PM »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3XN2X72jrFk

Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power. Abraham Lincoln

Advertisements