Advertisement

Author Topic: On my exciting and amazing journey to the stars.....  (Read 422370 times)

Ajax616

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

Ajax616

Re: On my exciting and amazing journey to the stars.....
« Reply #2911 on: October 09, 2016, 01:48:02 PM »
http://finance.yahoo.com/news/leon-coopermans-epiphany-hedge-funds-after-hearing-a-futurist-speak-142954537.html

I have been thinking about your Epiphany, and my answer that Indexing will go out of style sooner or later as well.  Nothing is ever permanent in the market.  I think indexing is a child of the low interest rate the Fed put on us for the last 8 years to undo the emotional damage that the 2008 melt down caused.  Of course, there will always be indexers going forward, but the market will learn that that is not the answer as well.

Ajax616

« Reply #2912 on: October 10, 2016, 05:23:03 AM »
http://finance.yahoo.com/news/breed-hedge-fund-become-popular-162800731.html

Quantamental investing has been driven in part by the rise of so-called alternative data. Fund managers can now study everything from social-media data to predict footfall in a location or sentiment around a new movie, to the number of cars in a mall parking lot.

(Investors have used big data to predict sales at Chipotle.Thoms on Reuters)
The amount of data sources doesn't stop there; it's endless, with new possibilities coming out all the time, and making the constant influx unlikely to become commoditized.

The New Masters of the Universe.

Ajax616

« Reply #2913 on: October 10, 2016, 08:40:00 PM »
I am working a place and they have a wonderful recipe, but I realize that there are processes for success, which are no longer managed effectively.  The lesson to learn from this is to never let a situation get out of hand by allowing it to manage itself.  Should always manage it proactively for empowerment and success of the entity, and leading by example from the top.

Ajax616

« Reply #2914 on: October 11, 2016, 09:57:50 PM »
Your worst enemy cannot harm you as much as your unguarded thoughts. - The Buddha

Ajax616

« Reply #2915 on: October 12, 2016, 05:11:38 AM »
In life you will realize that there is a purpose for everyone you meet. Some will test you, some will use you and some will teach you. But most important are the ones who bring out the best in you, respect you, accept you for who you are. Those are the ones worth keeping around...♥ ~

Ajax616

« Reply #2916 on: October 12, 2016, 05:18:01 AM »
Your worst enemy cannot harm you as much as your unguarded thoughts. - The Buddha

Therefore "Pain is certain, Suffering is optional." - The Buddha

We suffer from our thoughts.

Ajax616

« Reply #2917 on: October 12, 2016, 05:19:31 AM »
Therefore "Pain is certain, Suffering is optional." - The Buddha

We suffer from our thoughts.

Because "Happiness does not rely on what you have or who you are.  It solely relies on what you think." - The Buddha

Ajax616

« Reply #2918 on: October 12, 2016, 08:10:14 PM »
"I never take risk with my money ever.  I wait and wait until I see a pile of money lying in the corner, and I walk over to pick it up." - Jimmy Rogers

Ajax616

« Reply #2919 on: October 18, 2016, 09:32:18 PM »
To our world leaders, I hope you will create an wonderful and exciting vision for humanity by allowing to grow emotionally, spiritually, and mentally.  I hope you will see that as a species, we are growing to become one and I hope that you will foster that growth so that we will have our place in the universe.   I hope you will focus on an exciting future instead of taking us back to the past, which didn't work before.

Ajax616

« Reply #2920 on: October 19, 2016, 09:54:56 PM »

Ajax616

Ajax616

« Reply #2922 on: October 22, 2016, 11:50:50 AM »
Because I will trading the trend, for 40/80 (MA), the extra assignment in the stock, will be .12, not .1.  It is the equivalent of a high value RC.

Ajax616

« Reply #2923 on: October 22, 2016, 02:04:05 PM »
The Taste of Banzo's Sword

Matajuro Yagyu was the son of a famous swordsman. His father, believing that his son's work was too mediocre to anticipate mastership, disowned him.

So Matajuro went to Mount Futara and there found the famous swordsman Banzo. But Banzo confirmed the father's judgment. "You wish to learn swordsmanship under my guidance?" asked Banzo. "You cannot fulfill the requirements."

"But if I work hard, how many years will it take me to become a master?" persisted the youth.

"The rest of your life," replied Banzo.

"I cannot wait that long," explained Matajuro. "I am willing to pass through any hardship if only you will teach me. If I become your devoted servant, how long might it be?"

"Oh, maybe ten years," Banzo relented.

"My father is getting old, and soon I must take care of him," continued Matajuro. "If I work far more intensively, how long would it take me?"

"Oh, maybe thirty years," said Banzo.

"Why is that?" asked Matajuro. "First you say ten and now thirty years. I will undergo any hardship to master this art in the shortest time!"

"Well," said Banzo, "in that case you will have to remain with me for seventy years. A man in such a hurry as you are to get results seldom learns quickly."

"Very well," declared the youth, understanding at last that he was being rebuked for impatience, "I agree."

Matajuro was told never to speak of fencing and never to touch a sword. He cooked for his master, washed the dishes, made his bed, cleaned the yard, cared for the garden, all without a word of swordsmanship.

Three years passed. Still Matajuro labored on. Thinking of his future, he was sad. He had not even begun to learn the art to which he had devoted his life.

But one day Banzo crept up behind him and gave him a terrific blow with a wooden sword.

The following day, when Matajuro was cooking rice, Banzo again sprang upon him unexpectedly.

After that, day and night, Matajuro had to defend himself from unexpected thrusts. Not a moment passed in any day that he did not have to think of the taste of Banzo's sword.

He learned so rapidly he brought smiles to the face of his master. Matajuro became the greatest swordsman in the land.

Ajax616

« Reply #2924 on: October 22, 2016, 02:18:37 PM »
“Winning is not everything – but making the effort to win is.” – Vince Lombardi

Advertisements