Advertisement

Author Topic: On my exciting and amazing journey to the stars.....  (Read 421909 times)

Ajax616

Re: On my exciting and amazing journey to the stars.....
« Reply #2985 on: December 05, 2016, 09:24:58 PM »
http://blog.nativepartnership.org/alcohol-its-different-for-native-americans/

It occurred to me that a part of our Hmong family is succumbing to this disease as well.  Everyone seems to think that every night is a party night and every weekend is New Years eve.

It is  disease of the mind that sneaks up on you, family, and society.

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

Ajax616

« Reply #2986 on: December 05, 2016, 09:47:45 PM »
The Nash Equilibrium

In game theory, the Nash equilibrium is a solution concept of a non-cooperative game involving two or more players in which each player is assumed to know the equilibrium strategies of the other players, and no player has anything to gain by changing only his or her own strategy.[1] If each player has chosen a strategy and no player can benefit by changing strategies while the other players keep theirs unchanged, then the current set of strategy choices and the corresponding payoffs constitutes a Nash equilibrium. The reality of the Nash equilibrium of a game can be tested using experimental economics methods.

Stated simply, Amy and Phil are in Nash equilibrium if Amy is making the best decision she can, taking into account Phil's decision while Phil's decision remains unchanged, and Phil is making the best decision he can, taking into account Amy's decision while Amy's decision remains unchanged. Likewise, a group of players are in Nash equilibrium if each one is making the best decision possible, taking into account the decisions of the others in the game as long as the other party's decision remains unchanged.

Ajax616

« Reply #2987 on: December 07, 2016, 06:25:39 PM »
Joshu's Zen

Joshu began the study of Zen when he was sixty years old and continued until he was eighty, when he realized Zen.

He taught from the age of eighty until he was one hundred and twenty.

A student once asked him: "If I haven't anything in my mind, what shall I do?"

Joshu replied: "Throw it out."

"But if I haven't anything, how can I throw it out?" continued the questioner.

"Well," said Joshu, "then carry it out."

Ajax616

« Reply #2988 on: December 07, 2016, 09:19:56 PM »
“To spend time is to pass it in a specified manner. To waste time is to expend it thoughtlessly or carelessly. We all have time to spend or waste, and it is our decision what to do with it. But once passed, it is gone forever.” - Bruce Lee

Ajax616

« Reply #2989 on: December 10, 2016, 02:15:43 PM »
Who looks outside, dreams; who looks inside, awakes.
The meeting of two personalities is like the contact of two chemical substances: if there is any reaction, both are transformed.
Everything that irritates us about others can lead us to an understanding of ourselves.

Carl Jung

Ajax616

« Reply #2990 on: December 12, 2016, 09:58:41 PM »
Without sacrifice, there can be no victory. - The Buddha

Ajax616

« Reply #2991 on: December 12, 2016, 10:08:49 PM »
My father's letter for the next life, details his desires, fear, and solution to over the fear and attain the desire.  It shows an incomplete life and so he asked for it in the next life.  In the next life, he wanted to be large tiger in a large forest, or an eagle high above a cliff, or an important person of position with three wives.

So he can be free from fear, attain his desire, and be respected.

Ajax616

« Reply #2992 on: December 13, 2016, 09:18:01 PM »
http://blog.nativepartnership.org/alcohol-its-different-for-native-americans/

It occurred to me that a part of our Hmong family is succumbing to this disease as well.  Everyone seems to think that every night is a party night and every weekend is New Years eve.

It is  disease of the mind that sneaks up on you, family, and society.

While rereading this, a thought had occurred to me that it is the ego that knows no shame.

Ajax616

« Reply #2993 on: December 13, 2016, 09:19:57 PM »
I had a couple of cousins that went to jail for a couple years and when they came out.  Wow, discipline and in shape. Then they started enjoying life became drunks and is a shell of their former self when they came out.

Freedom without discipline is more dangerous than discipline without freedom.

Ajax616

« Reply #2994 on: December 14, 2016, 05:19:21 AM »
My prayers are with you.  You have done a lot of good for the community.  I hope its a mere misunderstandi ng rather than a real crime and that you will be exonerated and be back again serving the community soon.

Ajax616

« Reply #2995 on: December 14, 2016, 06:17:32 PM »

Ajax616

« Reply #2996 on: December 14, 2016, 10:08:57 PM »

Ajax616

« Reply #2997 on: December 18, 2016, 03:21:59 PM »
 Farmer and a wise man - inspirational story

There was a farmer in Africa who was happy and content. He was happy because he was content. He was content because he was happy.One day a wise man came to him and told him about the glory of diamonds and

the power that goes along with them. The wise man said, “If you had a diamond the size of your thumb, you could have your own city. If you had a diamond the size of your fist, you could probably own your own country.” And then he went away.

That night the farmer couldn’t sleep. He was unhappy and he was discontent. He was unhappy because he was discontent and discontent because he was unhappy.The next morning h
e made arrangements to sell off his
farm, took care of his family and went in search of diamonds.
He looked all over Africa and couldn’t find any. He looked all through Europe and couldn’t find any. When he got to Spain, he was emotionally, physically and financially broke. He got so disheartened that he threw himself into the Barcelona River and committed suicide.
Back home, the person who had bought his farm was watering the camels at a stream that ran through the farm.
Across the stream, the rays of the morning sun hit a stone and made it sparkle like a rainbow. He thought it would look good on the mantle piece. He picked up the stone and put it in the living room. That afternoon the wise man came and saw the stone sparkling. He asked, “Is Hafiz back?” The new owner said, “No, why do you ask?” The wise man said, “Because that is a diamond. I recognize one when I see one.”
The man said, no, that’s just a stone I picked up from the stream. Come, I’ll show you. There are many more.” They went and picked some samples and sent them for analysis. Sure enough, the stones were diamonds. They found that the farm was indeed covered with acres and acres of diamonds.
What is the moral of this story? There are five morals:
1. When our attitude is right, we realize that we are all walking on acres and acres of diamonds. Opportunity is always under our feet. We don’t have to go anywhere. All we need to do is recognize it.
2. The grass on the other side always looks greener.
3. While we are dyeing the grass on the other side, there are others who are dyeing the grass on our side. They would be happy to trade places with us.
4. When people don’t know how to recognize opportunity, they complain of noise when it knocks.
5. The same opportunity never knocks twice. The next one may be better or worse, but it is never the same one.

Ajax616

« Reply #2998 on: December 20, 2016, 09:06:21 PM »
To my very beautiful ex-wife,

I am sorry for being a deceiving artist on our dying days.  I am learning to be a better person by taking the fight to a lot less than it should or not fighting at all, but letting others win to be the bigger person.  You were the most beautiful woman that I ever met and that is why I was so hurt.  Breaking free from us made me realize that I have many questions that needed answering.  I needed to answer questions regarding my purpose here and even questions as how to give my best to our very wonderful and talented kids.  I am finding some peace and I hope you are too.  I am sorry that our journey was cut so much shorter than I had wanted to in the beginning.  Perhaps we had unfinished business from another time and that was it.  Again, I am sorry I couldn't honestly handle your dying days well and I hurt you in return.  Please have an awesome journey.

Ajax616

« Reply #2999 on: December 20, 2016, 10:07:41 PM »
I dreamed about you last night (and someone else too).  I am very glad to be dreaming in peace.  Thank you.

Advertisements