Advertisement

Author Topic: Vim kuv tsis paub.  (Read 84061 times)

MSV

Re: Vim kuv tsis paub.
« Reply #75 on: February 02, 2012, 03:17:23 PM »
I was researching online to gather some info for outreach work and came upon this story on an organization’s page.

One morning a young man was walking on the beach when he saw an elderly man. As the young man got closer he saw that the elderly man was picking something up and gently putting it in the ocean. The young man asked, “What are you doing?”

The older man paused, looked up and answered, “Throwing starfish back into the ocean. The sun is up and the tide is going out. If I don’t throw them in, they will die.”

The young man replied, “But don’t you realize there are miles and miles of beach, and hundreds of starfish. You can’t possibly make a difference!”

The older man listened politely. He bent down, picked up another starfish, looked at the starfish as he prepared to throw it into the ocean, past the breaking waves, and said, “I will make a difference to this one!”

Although simple in story, it sends quite a message. It has reminded me today why I do what I do. :) I guess the next time someone goes on about why I even work where I work when I could be working someplace else with better pay....I'll remember to share this story to them.

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

MSV

« Reply #76 on: February 03, 2012, 12:47:11 PM »
I'm excited to make my fruit cake tonight. It's been so long since I've baked anything....

Friday is PAY DAY! Getting a tad bit more than the usual with my raise finally kicking in but it'd be nicer to see an even bigger check. I'll get there....

MSV

« Reply #77 on: February 06, 2012, 10:40:13 AM »
Lub hnub ci ua luaj hnub no los ua cas hauv kuv lub siab nws tsis kaj li. Tagkis no kuv sawv los es kua muag tsuas pom poob tig-toog-tig-toog xwb. Vim li cas nws tseem pom nws tus hluas nkauj muaj nqis tshaj kuv niam peb lawm thiab? Yog ib tug neeg xav hlub yus tsev neeg thiab yus tiag puas tsim nyog nws hais kom yus xaiv yus tsev neeg los nws ma? Do I have reason to be so worked up about it? How can some people be so blinded by love that they forget who really loves them?? Chim thiab tu siab heev li os. :'( :'( :'(

MSV

« Reply #78 on: February 10, 2012, 03:02:05 PM »
I'm sure he does love you guys a lot but his heart is torn by his family and the love for his girlfriend. When you're in love, you're so involved with your own little world that you tend to forget those who truly love you sometimes. I was in a similair situation. I always knew who loved me, my heart just refused to listen at times.

I know he still loves us. He’s just lost his way a little and I hope he comes to his senses before it starts damaging the family. Right now it’s hurtful but we love him so we’ll just have big hearts. :) I’m just curious though…when you said you were in the same situation, which side were you on? The one giving the guy an ultimatum or the one having to decide? Knowing you, you’re probably the one having to choose.

Munching on baby carrots but dang! I am craving for a tuna sandwich right about now. *drools*

Excited for this weekend. I haven't gotten two whole days to myself in a LONG time. Now that I've got it, I don't know how I should use my time wisely? Maybe I should go party this weekend? It's been so long since I've been out with the ladies. Gotta brainstorm ideas tonight.

MSV

« Reply #79 on: February 13, 2012, 01:22:27 PM »
ST, my family won’t put my brother in that situation. We know we love her and won't ask him to choose but it’d be nice if she just wasn’t so selfish. I can handle hahainess, shadiness, laziness, rudeness etc. but I can’t deal with a woman who’s going to put one of my loved ones on the spot to make us seem like we are second best just so she can be center of the universe in his eyes. Sighs. Nothing but a wasted headache.

Went to see Confessions of a Lazy Hmong Woman over the weekend with my sisters. Although the play wasn’t amazing, it did have some humorous parts that kept me entertained. One of my favorite scenes came at the very end. The lead had asked her niam laus (not blood related though) what her name was and she replies..”Kuv twb yog Niam something something ne”. Then the lead goes, “I meant the name your parents gave you.” And then the niam laus thinks and thinks and she can’t figure out what her name used to be and frowns. She then goes on to tell a story of when she had entered a prize drawing somewhere and they drew her raffle and kept calling her name to come claim her prize. The niam laus had forgotten that part to her. Eventually she came to realize they were calling her name. That part really hit me deep. I guess Hmong women lose a little part of their identity when they get married. The whole world starts to refer to them through their husband’s name and they become….. I hope I never forget who I am.

My nose is stuffy today. It’s annoying trying to breathe through one nostril only. Oh well, I’m going to enjoy my lunch.

MSV

« Reply #80 on: February 14, 2012, 01:46:23 PM »
I’ve been doing a bad job recording my evening workouts. They’re less frequent now but the good news is that when I hopped on the scale this past weekend, I was done 5 lbs! I guess breakfast and targeting my muscles is starting to pay off. Now I’ve just to keep this up until it’s nice enough to venture outside. I’d say I’ve got about another two months to go.

Food doesn’t taste any good when I can’t even smell what I’m stuffing in my mouth. It’s almost making me dread eating my turkey sandwich. Dang this stuffy nose! Why? You’ve been annoying me all day. Shoot, I’ve got some yummies I’m making for the ladies tonight too. Ohyo!

Happy Valentine’s Day! I wish I were a kid in grade school passing out Valentine cards again. lol. Those were the days.

MSV

« Reply #81 on: February 15, 2012, 04:31:02 PM »
VALENTINE'S DAY...

+

Breaking Dawn was pretty awesome! The beginning was draggy but once the story developed it was on fire! I loved the wedding scene. OMG, it was so gorgeous! But while watching that scene I got sad thinking about how my dad would never see me get married. I had to hold back my tears. Anyways, that's not the point...the imprinting story...unexpe cted baby and when Bella went into labor....OMG!!! Overall Valentine's Day was alright. Spent it with my favorite girls in the world so I was happy.

Woke up sick and somehow got an eye infection (which made me look like a monster) so I stayed home from work today. I spent the morning doing tons of cleaning and reorganizing around the house. I was more productive at home than at work. hahahaha.

Got an email that made my heart jumped today. I've been trying to get a position at a certain place for over a year now and they finally said they'll pass my resume on to the hiring manager. One step closer to getting in. Please let me hear a phone call from them. I need a new direction in my work.

« Last Edit: February 15, 2012, 04:32:49 PM by MSV »

MSV

« Reply #82 on: February 16, 2012, 10:41:41 PM »
Went to watch "The Vow" tonight with the ladies. It was an overall okay movie. But goodness, I wish I could myself a man who would never give up on me like Leo wouldn't do for Paige. :love5: Ending wasn't what I expected but it's still a thumbs up rating in my books.

Still sick so I stayed home today. OMG! I've not been this bored out-of-my-mind in such a long time. I literally starting snacking on junk food to keep me "entertained". lol. I don't do that much anymore.....Go od thing I work or my munchies could turn into a weight gain disaster.

Feeling so sleepy. Probably gonna k.o. early tonight.

MSV

« Reply #83 on: February 21, 2012, 10:05:34 AM »
I was watching a series of episodes documenting individuals who were 600+ lbs and what measures they were taking in a 7 yr. wide span to save themselves. Of the ones I watched, they all underwent bypass surgery – costing at a whopping $30,000 a procedure. Holy moly! But what I don’t understand is how can a person still operate at close to 1,000 lbs? I’m already a fatass and I already find that I have my limits on what I can do and can’t. I guess I should really work on myself so that I don’t ever have to get there. Ntshai ntshai li os.

Returned from a 3-day weekend and there’s not much to do at work today. I’ve only been here for 2.5 hours and I’m already starting to get super bored. What to do?

MSV

« Reply #84 on: February 22, 2012, 02:32:06 PM »
Koj puas tau ntsia rau hauv ib tug neeg ob lub qhov muag es txawm nws tsis hais ib lo lus rau koj tau hnov los koj twb paub nws xav dabtsi tas lawm? You need not say anything...kuv nkag siab zoo lawm os. :-[

MSV

« Reply #85 on: February 23, 2012, 12:19:07 PM »
My lecturer shared this story to us in relation to teaching as a profession.

For what teachers do for us all, the amount they are paid doesn’t equate…of course this excludes those horrible wicked one. ;D How do you think you can use this same story to apply to your own life?

Yes, I have. The eyes tell a story (the truth). :-[

Next time I'm just going to close my eyes....

How can I get things done correctly if I am not provided the information I need? Yog li tsis txhob liam kuv yog tias kuv ua tsis tau nej tej haujlwm rau nej nawb. End rant.

MSV

« Reply #86 on: February 23, 2012, 08:15:16 PM »
I decided to try out live plants for my goldfish tank. I hope they'll like it! Next thing to get...a beautiful background. I've had my tank so long and it looks so bare and lifeless. Time to spoil my babies a little..they need life. Going shopping at Petsmart after work tomorrow.

MSV

« Reply #87 on: February 25, 2012, 08:13:13 PM »
I used to have a 55 gal with fishes but no gold fishes because they shit alot! LOL I had Cichlids and used to have a silver arowana. I love fishes, I should go get a 10 gallon and set it up. The background would look really nice. If you do not get a background, make sure you use the fluorescent lighting. It will definetely make a difference on your fish tank. It bring out all the beautiful plant, gravel, and make your fish look really pretty. Live plants are very nice and also small rocks. Take a pix of your setting when you're done.

OMG! That's huge! I can barely lift my 20 gallon when I have to do a thorough cleaning of it. Hell yeah, goldfishes are beautiful but they poop so dang much. Thank goodness I only have three in mines...anymor e and I could be looking at an ammonia-infested tank.  Speaking of that, I stopped by Petco today and say the prettiest red cap goldfish. I wanted to buy that baby so bad but thought about the daily dump mines already do and had to turn away. :-\ My filter system needs to get upgraded. I'm thinking about one of those undergravel air bubble pump things. Have you ever had those? By the way, what happened to your fishes? Neglect? I'll surely snap a photo once I upgrade my tank. I'm excited! You know what, if I had more money and was really into raising fishes, I'd love to try out a saltwater fishtank once too.

Been shopping and preparing for all the baby showers coming up in the next few months. I got a bunch of diapers that I kinda want to turn into one of those fancy diaper cake or diaper stroller. Amazing what creative things people think of. I should go on youtube and find a project to do. Everyone is expecting little ones and I'm wishing I was part of that crowd too. Xav ua mommy heev li thiab.

MSV

« Reply #88 on: February 26, 2012, 09:47:02 PM »
Sometimes I feel like I'm so busy piecing together other people's happily ever after that I forget to focus on mines. I guess I can be the fairy godmother for the time being....until ....until....I 'm not sure what's next. :-\

MSV

« Reply #89 on: March 01, 2012, 09:09:37 PM »
I know what you mean... :-\

I'm too busy sorting other people's lives but I can't even sort my own..

Sometimes I wonder why I even bother. :-\ I should channel more energy on own life. Maybe a few more days of sunshine would come through that way....

The big one was set up by my ex who took off and left me with it. I had it for a month but then I had to move out of my place so I sold it to a pher from here for $60.00. I sold him the tank, stand, and all the accessories. I love fishes too. I'm into betta as well. Weird, I know. I know how to breed them and set up the tank for them as well. hahaha. My ex was so much into fishes. We had parahana, ciclids, to arowana. Right now, I've moved on from the fishes to parakeets. I have 4 parakeets.

Yes, you should buy one of the underground gravel thing if you want more filtration system.

Betta too! Kuv ib yam. I've got three females that look like they are obese (cause my sisters keep getting tempted to feed them). Have you managed to raise baby bettas to adult size? I watched my brother do it once and it is hard work. They are so dang small you can barely spot them in the water.

Parakeets along with a cat? Are you sure that's a good combo? Ever seen love birds? I've always wanted to get my hands on a pair.

Advertisements