Advertisement

Author Topic: Vim kuv tsis paub.  (Read 84059 times)

MSV

Re: Vim kuv tsis paub.
« Reply #90 on: March 01, 2012, 09:18:22 PM »
There are those who doubt and there are those who support. I thought by now I would have found an answer but how come I get more and more confused? I think I'm starting to second guess myself.

Yesterday I went in for my interview. Thinking back to some of my answers I provided, I almost wanna smack my head. Gosh, I don't get where all my good communication and thinking skills go when I'm under pressure. I always suck at selling myself to employers. I'm not feeling confident about getting this one at all.

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

MSV

« Reply #91 on: March 02, 2012, 11:23:38 AM »
Yes, I know how to breed betta and raise them to adult size. It's not hard at all. hehehe. My birds and cat get along just fine now. He grew up with them so he know not to attack them but sometimes.. he still sneak behind them. They are too fast and will just fly away.  :2funny:

I forgot where I saw a pic of your cat but he’s a gem. His color is very vibrant which only indicates to me that he’s well taken care for. :) On a side note, my niece once owned a cat and it got so fat. I think they fed him way too much. Poor thing.

Do bettas eat each other? I actually had four female bettas at one time until one of them died. And then I found the other three nibbling at it like it was food - which they have never done before. Am I starving them too much? What’s considered healthy feeding each day?

My supervisor sent an all staff email announcing this:

Hey everyone –

It’s ______’s one year anniversary today!

Thank you _____, for the great work you do. We all appreciate your organization, initiative and friendliness. Thanks for covering the phones, kindly helping visitors, maintaining the office equipment that we all rely on, and gladly taking on tasks from all programs and departments.

THANK YOU!!!

It made my morning. Now everyone has been stopping by my office just to say congrats and asking if I’ll be back Monday for another year or not. I have to admit, although it’s not the best pay, I enjoy the people I work with here and I couldn’t ask for a better supervisor to guide me. Happy one year to me!

MSV

« Reply #92 on: March 06, 2012, 03:03:30 PM »
For some reason I was sitting at work and a memory came flashing back to me.

Setting: On a crowded school bus heading home
Time: Sometime in the mid 90’s
Characters: Fat girl and mean Hmong boy

One day I was running late and ended up having to sit at the back of the bus with these naughty Hmong boys because it was too crowded up front. I’m sitting there minding my own business when one of the boys sitting directly behind me throws me a note. I see it fall onto my left side but pretended like I didn’t. My little sister then nudges me while she picks up the paper and starts unfolding it. As she did that, I could hear laughs surrounding me. I knew then that it wasn’t something good at all. Once the paper was unfolded, my sister told me to look at it. Now that I look back on it, I’m glad she was too young to read then. Anyways, I glanced at what she had opened in front of both her tiny hands before quickly crumbling it in my hands and stuffing it in my side pocket. When I got home, I opened that note once more. Those boys had drawn a picture of a big fat stick person and wrote some very nasty things on there that I don’t necessarily recall. I just remember seeing FAT this, FAT that, FAT, FAT, FAT and how as I stared at that piece of paper longer, it started to eat my self-esteem away. I cried and cried knowing I hadn’t done anything wrong to deserve this kind of teasing. Eventually I tore up the paper. That night I vowed to hate that one boy who threw me the note. Even to this day I still know his name - Xong Vue if you're out there.....:-[. I kept that hate I had for him all the way through the years I had left before graduating there.

I don’t know how I can find it in my heart to forgive people sometimes. Is skinny and beautiful the only two things human can accept only? Why is it so damn wrong to be different? Someone please explain to me because I don’t seem to understand these ideas social media often fill our minds with.

« Last Edit: March 06, 2012, 09:27:54 PM by MSV »

MSV

« Reply #93 on: March 06, 2012, 09:39:40 PM »
MSV, just think of it this way. Would you rather be fat and beautiful or ugly and skinny. They can't change their face w/o technology but you can always loose the weight. You are only beautiful as you deem yourself to be. Who cares what other people think because I'm sure there are plenty of skinny/beautiful girls that are very lonely out there.  ;)

I am who I am because of the path I've walked and the things I've seen. I don't think I would change the way things were....even if I'm just the ugly duckling.

What is beauty to you?

My sister and I went walking today and it felt so good! If only there were less puddles to jump over. I can't wait for more time to enjoy the sun tomorrow after work.

MSV

« Reply #94 on: March 08, 2012, 08:52:22 AM »
Had a weird dream this morning.

I was going on a site visit with my supervisor and some other co-workers and somehow we ended up at this place where there were gold dragons bouncing around in celebration of the Cambodian New Year. I thought to myself, “Huh?” as I saw Hmong vendors with their booths set up like how it’s done at our annual J4 tournament. I was going to go buy some greens for my mom but something running around at the corner of my eye caught my attention. I suddenly see two of these little boys like the one in the Grudge run into this dark room filled with kids. For some reason I decide to follow. I end up in this dark room and all I hear is laughter. Next thing I know the little grudge look-a-like boy starts coming towards my direction and I’m ready to smash it. It dashes for the door and escapes instead. I remember seeing two of them so I quickly focused my eyes again to scan for the second one. To my surprise I see my little niece standing next to me this time. She’s smiling at me and bam! bam! She hits the other grudge-boy. But turns outs this one was the real deal and it evolves into this ugly red devilish looking creature. I told us to run. That’s what we did.

Next scene takes place in this dim place where I see all my little nephews. I haven’t seen them for a while now so I started hugging them. Their older brother – the one that committed suicide – walks in. I looked at him and said, “I thought you died?” He didn’t say much besides giving me a sad almost angry face. I asked what was wrong and he told me he didn’t’ want to be saved…to be given life again. I cried and cried. I cradle his head in my arms and told him that although his parents are stupid and can’t love them the way kids should have been loved, he should never see his life any less. I also told him to take care of his younger siblings (since he was the oldest one) so they would not have reason to shed a tear over their parents dumb choices. And then….and then….my alarm clock went off.

Got me thinking…..I wonder how he’s doing in heaven? 

MSV

« Reply #95 on: March 10, 2012, 08:59:58 PM »
I got another eye infection and my left eye looks horrible today. My mom came to visit and the first thing she said to me was, "Ua cas rau koj lub qhov muag lawm na. Ib me ntsis ces tsis pom kev." I just told her it's probably my mascara going bad and that I've thrown it out since this is the second infection in a month.

Mom's knee has been bothering her a lot lately. A shaman said it's because my dad is doing it. Supposedly when we moved to the new house we didn't invite him and so he's disappointed. My family and I setted up some food and invited him to come have breakfast with us this morning. Sighs. I never like to see my mom in such pain. I wish I could do something for her.... :-\ I wish this pain would go away so I wouldn't have to watch her like this. I remember when my dad first passed and my mom got something similar to this. Please take it away dad.

Currently watching Shallow Hal with my sisters as I end my Saturday. If only some of these shallow guys could be hypnotized too.

MSV

« Reply #96 on: March 11, 2012, 11:30:48 PM »
Vim li cas kua muag rov poob hmo no lawm thiab? Puas yog kuv lub siab ceev thiab muag dhau?  :'( :'( :'( I hate this.

MSV

« Reply #97 on: March 12, 2012, 09:36:55 PM »
I had such a long day at work today. Nothing went right and I didn't even get time to have lunch. I think they wanted me to stay longer to cover the phones but I said I've had more than enough and need to get outta there. I'm not an overachiever so kuv yeej tsis go out of kuv txoj kev es ua tshaj rau lawm tas li. Came home tired. Plopped on the sofa and dozed off for a good three hours. OMG! I think the time change this weekend is also screwing my sleep schedule up. I barely wanted to get up at 6:30am today when my usual wake up time is 5:30-6am. I guess my body will need some readjustments.

While napping, I had a dream that my work place got broken into. Whoever got in destroyed my locked file cabinets thinking there was probably good stuff in there. Plus I dreamt that I ended up staying til work until 10:30pm today and was spooked out b/c I didn't want to see any ghosts. Since when did work start following me home?

MSV

« Reply #98 on: March 16, 2012, 10:12:35 PM »
This week has been the craziest at work. I don't think I've worked this hard since my hire on. Whew! Gonna enjoy my weekend before I have to go back in and deal with all sorts of paperwork, applications and orders. I'm not looking forward to it at all. But who cares, it's Friday night.

I've started up my long walks with my little sister. Yesterday we went a total of 3.5 miles and it made us so sore. But after it all, I felt so good. :) The night before that one, we decided to job on our way back home and that was such a killer. I realized it's hard trying to get back into that mode of making my heart pump hard. Regardless, I'm hoping to keep this up so I can shed the weight I gained over the one year that I slacked off. Feeling motivated as ever.

MSV

« Reply #99 on: March 17, 2012, 10:04:53 PM »
I'm such a neeg quaj taug.

Friend #1. I received a missed call from him so I rung him to see what was up. He starts out joking as always. Then all of sudden he starts playing the guitar and singing sad hmong love songs telling me he was kho kho siab that night. Ever since we've know each other, he's never really showed that side to me. I told him he better not be screwing around with me or I'll biatch at him. He just got really quiet and then talked about his parents death when he was young...how he feels alone...how he just wants to find love...how he doesn't have riches and is wealthy like others. He cried and I got emotional over it too. To think I've known him for so long and this was the first time be stopped holding his man ego so tight and just really let me see his weak spots. I'm no good with words so I just told him to ua siab ntev es hlub nws tus kheev....

Friend #2. He called me drunk...told me he was disappointed that I pulled a teeny bluff on him. I laughed it off. We were chit chatting for some time and for some reason he got really sad. "Do you think I am a good person?". he asked me. I told him he was a good person and he shouldn't punish himself. He broke down and cried. Then he started talking about all the bad things that have happened to him. Of course a large portion of it being over the breakup of his almost decade long gf. However, the saddest part was when he talked about how seeing his grandpa's picture at the funeral service made his heart hurt so much. His gasps for air made me realize what great pain he was in. The stories he share always hit the deepest spots in my heart. So often it reminds me of the pain I have when my dad passed.I always knew he was them boys who was quiet and had endured quite a past but this was also the first time I've really heard him shed any tears. I could tell he's so hurt. Anyways, we ended up crying together.

Hearing people's pain and suffering... :'(

MSV

« Reply #100 on: March 20, 2012, 08:12:21 PM »
I am feeling soooooooo fobby tonight. Time to cruise youtube and get me some new Hmong songs to jam to. :D

Music is my life. I live and breath for it. Too bad I can't sing.

MSV

« Reply #101 on: March 24, 2012, 12:07:13 AM »
BoO as, phooj ywg zoo tsis muaj tsawg tus thiab kuv laj laj nrhiav tau cov kuv ntseeg taus. Vim li ntawd kuv thiajli treasure the ones I have. As in all relationships, you give as much as you would want to receive.

Thank you for your caring thoughts. I want nothing more than for my mom to be in good health.

I started my backyard garden today. I found so much peace and quiet just digging away as I listened to the birds chirping. So exciting to do some actual planting soon. What should I have this year? Lemon grass, cilantro, scallions, and hot pepper are a must!!!

MSV

« Reply #102 on: March 27, 2012, 10:14:25 PM »
Waiting. I find myself waiting all the time. Do good things really come in the end? Or am I just fooling myself into believing that the pot of gold awaits me. I am going to be so disappointed in myself if my patience ends up.....nowhere .

MSV

« Reply #103 on: March 28, 2012, 10:29:42 PM »
What money does to people. :-[

MSV

« Reply #104 on: April 01, 2012, 05:31:47 PM »
Money is the root of all evil. ;D

It sure is - sad. I've seen some pretty down right evil things people have done just to fatten their pockets.

Advertisements