Advertisement

Author Topic: Vim kuv tsis paub.  (Read 84051 times)

MSV

Re: Vim kuv tsis paub.
« Reply #135 on: May 22, 2012, 09:10:11 PM »
I did an 11 hour shift today. Omg. Came home and sat in traffic with a migraine. If I did this on a regular basis I'd turn biatchy in no time. Long story short...I went to conduct interviews for youths today. I was telling my older sister how funny some of their responses are. For example I asked a Hmong girl to tell me about a time when she was faced with something difficult and how did she go about handling it. I don't know if she was nervous, didn't understand the question, bored or what. She says to me....3 o'clock? I looked at her and said, can you say more on that? Then she goes 6 o'clock? ;O Or another girl started talking about how her mom's finance moved in to live with them and brought some bratty kids she didn't neccassarily like. But of all the ones I did, the one who stood out was this one Hmong boy who chose to be socially mute. I've never encountered someone like that so I was really nervous about interviewing him. When he first entered the room, he shook my hand and smiled. Then we went through the questions one-by-one. Cov menyuam boy kaydoo were so polite too. I like how they say..."Yes ma'am." Anyhow...good day at work today even though it was super long. That means I get to leave work early on FRIDAY!!!! Yahoo!

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

Offline lilly

• Sr. Poster
  • Be happy!
  • Respect: +524
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: May 23, 2012, 09:46:14 AM »
...tell me about a time when she was faced with something difficult and how did she go about handling it. I don't know if she was nervous, didn't understand the question, bored or what. She says to me....3 o'clock? I looked at her and said, can you say more on that? Then she goes 6 o'clock? ;O Or another girl started talking about how her mom's finance moved in to live with them and brought some bratty kids she didn't neccassarily like.

BWAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!   What a great start to my day!  Thanks, MSV, for the laugh!  I especially like the 3 o'clock, 6 o'clock?  HAAAhahaha!!!

MSV

« Reply #137 on: May 25, 2012, 12:12:58 PM »

hahahaha.. your garden looks like my neighbor! Don't worry.. mine kinda look like that too. I don't have much growing  yet. Will get to it this weekend.  ;D

As long as the finished produce is yummy...that's all that matters. Right? hehehe.

BWAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!   What a great start to my day!  Thanks, MSV, for the laugh!  I especially like the 3 o'clock, 6 o'clock?  HAAAhahaha!!!

I love sharing work stories! In fact I got one more for today. I was doing follow-up calls for our youths today - since it’s one of those deadline days- and I happen to speak with one of the youth’s brother on the phone. We’re going through a series of mini Q & A. Then just when we’re about done he asked for my personal number. WTH?  Trying to hit on me? OMG. Npwb ntawd os. Work story for today.

MSV

« Reply #138 on: May 25, 2012, 12:18:51 PM »
Working OT this week. Mama gonna make that money.

I've been mad at my mom for a week now so I haven't gone over to visit or stay at all this week. Last night she called me. The siblings both left for their trips and no one was home with me. She asked me if I wanted her to come over to ua kuv luag. And when I said no, she says..."Txhob ntshai dabtsi nawb. Yog yus lub tsev xwb." Then she tells me that she misses me. My heart smiled but I replied back, "Koj twb tsis nco li hos." ;D I miss my mom too. No matter how angry she makes me sometimes....I could never cut her out of my life.

MSV

« Reply #139 on: May 29, 2012, 01:50:53 PM »
Ua cas es! Lawv tab ua kuv lub siab mus zoj nov mus zoj tim xwb. Kuv twb ua ib siab nyob ntawm nov los lawv tseem sau kuv out of nowhere hais kom kuv mus interview nrog lawv thiab. Oyo. My summer plans/schedule might get cancelled because of this. Now my mind is wandering again.

I’m going to be pulling a 12 hr shift at work today. Worst part is…kuv tsis muaj kuv lub xov tooj nrog kuv thiab. :'( No texting to pass the time.

Memorial Day Weekend Recap:

1. Went to visit my dad at the cemetery yesterday with my mom and sisters. I tried to hold myself together but of course it always fails.
2. Did some major shopping. Got myself some nice shirts and even a summer dress. I still don’t have a pair of sandals though. Maybe I should take a trip to the mall…haven’t been to one in months.
3. Gardening. I haven’t been able to help mom much this summer so she and I weeded until the rain started to pour. Then we drove home in a rainstorm. That was especially scary when the hail starting coming. Poor cars.
4. Slept. I had one morning when I slept until my heart’s content. That was amazing!
5. Watched a whole ton of Lifetime movies.

Tsaug tsaug zog li os....zzzzz... ..zzzz.......z zz....zz

MSV

« Reply #140 on: May 30, 2012, 11:19:08 AM »
^ It’s okay. I’m sure your dad appreciates every visit you do. My dad’s bday is around the corner so I’ll be stopping by the cemetery again. This year he’s getting cupcakes and a small flower garden! I saw what you planted for your dad and it’s beautiful. I might just have to take up that edging idea too.

Lifetime movies are awesome. But I’ve got to admit…they portray some psycho ass people in those movies. Speaking of that…have you ever caught episodes of “Deadly Women”. Great show to check out too. In fact if I had more time to watch TV….omg! I’d be a total crime scene/suspense fanatic.

MSV

« Reply #141 on: May 30, 2012, 11:20:14 AM »
Mission for tonight....wee d my garden and plant my chicken herbs. I hope the weather cooperates.

MSV

« Reply #142 on: May 31, 2012, 01:17:35 PM »

Yes, we made a little small garden for my dad. It's just a way to honor him. He loves flowers..so I'm sure he's happy to have one. There's like 5 of us.. so we alternate to water it.. when it doesn't rain. You should... every year around spring time.. the flowers will blossom and it will be so pretty...

OMG!! girl, we must really be twins from another lifetime.. I love crime/suspense as well. I can watch those all day...I'm crazy. ;D

My dad wasn’t a flower person but too bad…he’s still getting a flower garden. ;D It gets too dull around his place…a little color will liven the atmosphere. Plus it’s summer! What kind of flowers did you get? My dad is under this huge tree so I’m looking for flowers that do better without needing a whole lot of sun exposure. Any suggestion?

You know…I’ve always wondered what it’d be like to have an identical twin.

MSV

« Reply #143 on: May 31, 2012, 01:31:04 PM »
OMFG! Ntsej muag kaydoo ruined my lunch break. I had a mom who called in saying she received a letter from us for her son but not her daughter. I searched through our databases trying to locate her daughter’s record and she wasn’t in our system. Heck, I even checked all the returned mail envelopes I kept - in case instances like this came up. Still nothing. So kaydoo mom tries to talk slow to me like I’m dumb or something. After repeating to her a few times that we didn’t receive her daughter’s application at all, she said she’ll record the message I had left her a few days ago to prove I’m wrong. I said to her, “Okay, go ahead.” It’s been one hour and she hasn’t called back. That’s what I thought! If it weren’t in such a professional setting, I would have put her in her place already. Ntsej muag kaydoo! UGH! ::) ::) ::) Koj tseem yuav los question kuv txog kuv kev ua haujlwm thiab os?

One more day to go before the weekend.

MSV

« Reply #144 on: June 01, 2012, 12:40:18 PM »
My stomach is crying out to me. It wants to eat but I'm too lazy to walk to the microwave right now. ;D It'll have to wait for a few more minutes...

Finally finished weeding my garden yesterday night. It took me a good 2 hours just to clear the rest but I'm happy with my accomplishment! Next mission is to replicate that work with our family garden. That's going to take up the majority of my weekend this week. I'll consider it an awesome workout.

MSV

« Reply #145 on: June 01, 2012, 11:45:34 PM »
I really miss my dad tonight. :'( Los los kua muag tsis paub ua li cas lawm. Puas muaj leej twg nco lawv txiv ib yam li kuv nco kuv txiv thiab. This pain....this hurt....this missing part.....this longing....it's draining me slowly.

MSV

« Reply #146 on: June 02, 2012, 01:31:12 PM »
My back is aching from 6 hours of tua nroj with kuv niam this morning. Oyo, I know my muscles will catch up after tonight's rest. I should reward my hardwork with something delicious. I just went in to get two fillings on Friday and I'm already munching on sweets. This is bad...tabsis kuv tsis khes today.

MSV

« Reply #147 on: June 04, 2012, 10:13:13 PM »
Last night I came to my senses. All this time, nws tsuas yog kev dag xwb. Kuv mob mob siab es quaj kom txaus siab tso  kuv mam li ua ib siab mus tsis thig rov ntsia li lawm.

My supervisor granted by long weekend for July. I'm going to go vacation somewhere where I can find peace and quiet with myself. Camping?

Wonderful long walk around Lake Nokomis today. I really have been slacking on my exercise. Wishing to get back in shape.

Beautiful song...

Good night.

MSV

« Reply #148 on: June 05, 2012, 10:52:18 PM »
I didn't realize how much junk I had in my room until I cleaned it out earlier today. Came upon some things from 10+ yrs ago and things have changed....Vua g!

Taking it one day at a time. It's hard but I'm staying strong.

MSV

« Reply #149 on: June 06, 2012, 10:23:27 PM »
I wanted to keep busy so ended up scrubbing and sanitizing the bathroom. It smells so good in there now. I love it!

I've been noticing a lot of spiders in our house. Ewwww! I don't like them at all. I think I've smacked a good 3-4 dead today.  :-\ Gonna find some of those glue traps to catch them before it gets crazy.

Broke down and cried. I failed.

Advertisements