Advertisement

Author Topic: Bible Study - Class meets on Thursday from 12:00 PM to 1:00 PM CST.  (Read 134213 times)

LadyLionness

Re: Bible Study - Class meets on Thursday from 12:00 PM to 1:00 PM CST.
« Reply #525 on: May 24, 2012, 11:59:14 AM »

Loving heavenly Father we come to you this hour asking for your blessing and help as we are gathered together. We pray for guidance in the matters at hand and ask that you would clearly show us how to conduct our work with a spirit of joy and enthusiasm. Give us the desire to find ways to excel in our work. Help us to work together and encourage each other to excellence. We ask that we would challenge each other to reach higher and farther to be the best we can be. We ask this in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ. Amen

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

LadyLionness

« Reply #526 on: May 24, 2012, 12:06:26 PM »
Matthew 6:1-18

Here, Christ expands the thought of 5:20, showing how the pharisee's righteousness was deficient by exposing their hypocrisy in the matters of "charitable deeds" (vv. 1-4); "prayer" (vv. 5-15); and "fasting" (vv. 16-18).  All of these acts are supposed to be worship rendered to God, never displays of self-righeousness to gain the admiration of others.

LadyLionness

« Reply #527 on: May 24, 2012, 12:25:31 PM »
Matthew 6:7 talks about vain prepetitions. 
Prayers are not to be merely recited, nor are our words to be repeated thoughtlessly, or as if htey were automatic formulas.  But this is not a prohibition against importunity. 

Matthew 6:9 - 13
This is how Christ Jesus, himself, teach his disciples and us to pray... when he said, "In this manner..." he is saying that this prayer is a model, not merely a liturgy.  It is notable for it's brevity, simplicity, and comprehensiven ess.  Of the 6 petitions, 3 are directed to God and 3 toward human needs. 

In "Your will be done..." All prayer, first of all, willingly submits to God's purposes, plans, and glory. 

In "forgive us our debts"  The parallel passage in Luke 11:4 uses the word that means "sins," so that in context, spiritual debts are intended.  Sinners are debtors to God for their violations of His laws.  This petition reflects the believing one's desire to avoid the dangers of sin altogher.  God knows what one's need is before one asks, and he promises that no one will be  subjected to testing beyond what can be endured.  He also promises a way of excapte -- often through endurance.  But still , the proper attitude for the believers is the one experssed in this petition.

WindComeWindBlow

« Reply #528 on: May 24, 2012, 12:29:37 PM »
Just thought I share this with you guys.

CMA Hmong Women Conference, May 19th, 2012

PRAYER workshop

Kev thov Vaajtswv; live a life of prayer. Apply it to your life.  Peb tsis pom cov battle tabsi peb lu sab hnov hab paub.  Peb yuav tsum loj hlob rau hauv kev pe hawm Vaajtswv.

1.  KEV THOV VAAJTSWV YOG DABTSI?

Kev thov Vaajtswv yog txuj kev kws peb nrug Vaajtswv sis txuas lug ua ke.
    Peb nrug Vaajtswv thaam le nwg yog peb tug phooj ywg sub peb txhaj le tsis nkeeg nkeeg nrug Nws thaam.  Yog peb tsis pum has tas Nws zoo le tug phooj ywg rau peb, tes peb tsuav paub thov Nwg le ib txuj kevcai xwb luas tau qha rua peb has tas yuav tsum thov le nuav txhaj yog xwb.  Hab thaum peb thov ntau hab ntev tes ua rua peb nkeeg nkeeg thov.
    Vaajtswv txuj lug:  Abraham prayed to God (Chivkeeb 8:30); Jacob prayed to God (Exodus 8:30); Moses praed to God (Exodus 8:30) Yog le ntawd peb pum  has tas taag nrho huv Vaajtswv txujlug, txhua leej tug yeej txhua tug yeej nrug Vaatswv txua lug le  puab yog phoojywg.
    Phoo Ntawv Nkauj (Psalm): Peb pum tas Daviv nrug Vaajtswv thaam txhua txhua nub le phooj ywg.

2.  YUAV THOV THAUM TWG TXHAJ YOG LUB SIJHAWM?

Peb yuav tsum thov txhua lub sijhawm.  Pray continually (1 Thessalonians 5:17_
    Thaum peb nrug tau Vaajtswv sis raug zoo ua phoojywg lawm mas peb yuav nrug nws thaam tsis muaj caij nyoog le,peb xaav nrug Nwg thaam txhua lub sijhawm xwb.

3.  YUAV THOV VAAJTSW RAU QHOV CHAW TWG?

For apersonal relationship: pray in the secret place:  Mattew 6:6 "But when you pray, go to your room, close the door and pray to your Father, who is unseen, then your Father who sees waht is done in secret will reward you.
    In the Secret Place: "I will give you hidden treasures, riches stored in stoned in secret places, so that you may know that I am the Lord, the od of Israel, who summons you by name."  Isaiah 45:3
    Pray in all places (Thov txhua qhov chaw) you can pray in the car, in the living room, in the kitchen, outside at the park, in the church.  You can talk to God in prayer in all places.
    When youa re with your non-believer families, you can pray in your heart.  You don't have to pray in front of them or make it so obvious to them that you are a believer unless you want to.

-God knows your heart.  he was the one who designed you and knows how you work.  he will reveal to you and teach you the way He knows you would succeed.  He knows every hair on your head.  Don't be afraid to talk to Him.

-You need your secret place.  Pray in your secret place.

-When you have a relationship with God, koj yuav thov dabtsi los nws yuav muab rau koj.

4.  VIM LE CAAG TXHAJ LE THOV VAAJTSWV?

Vim txuj kev thov Vaajtswv yog txuj kev peb fwm Vaajtswv, we acknowledge Him through prayer.  (Romans 6:16-18)
    Peb thov Vaajtswv lug ntawm txuj kev kws peb tej kev txhum hab txais yuav Nwg txuj kev zam txim.  (Romans 3:23-26)
    Vim peb paab tsis tau peb tug kheej. (Daniel 10: 8)
    Vim peb xaav ua Vaajtswv tsaug (Phaus ntawv NK 95:2)
    Vim peb xaav qhuas Vaajtswv. (Phau ntawv NK 69:30)
    Vim peb pehawm nwg lug ntawm txuj kev thov Vaajtswv (Phau ntawv NK 95:6)

5.  LEEJTWG TXHAJ THOV TAU VAAJTSWV?

Txhua tus kws yog Vaajtswv tug minyuas
    Romans  8:16-17

6.  YUAV THOV LE CAAG?

Kingdom, prayer/Yexus qha cov thwjtim thohv Vaajtswv (Matthais 6:9-13)
    Thov nrov nrov lug ntawm koj lub ncauj
    Txhu caug thov
    Sawv ntsug thov, nyob ntsawvs thov
    Thov lawv le koj lub sab ntshaw.
    Thov lawv le scriptures (pray in scriptures)
    Thov thaum yug taug kev (Prayer walk).

*Always bless in the name of Jesus Christ.  All power comes from Jesus' name.

*Whatever you bless/curse you give out, it comes back to you.

*Cov niam tsev yuav tsum foom koob hmoov rau nws tus txiv hab cov menyuam.

LadyLionness

« Reply #529 on: May 24, 2012, 12:30:10 PM »
Matthew 6:15
 "...neither will your Father forgive your trespasses."  This is not to suggest that God will withdraw justification form those who have already received the free pardon he extends to all believers.  forgiveness in that sense - a permanent and complete acquital from the gult and ultimately penalty of sin - beongs to all who are in Christ.  Yet, Scripture also teaches that God chastens His children who disobey (Heb. 12:5-7).  Believers are to confess their sins in order to obtain a day-to-day cleansing... and thus a closer and more personal relationship with God.  This sort of forgiveness is a simple washing from the worldly defilements of sin, not a repeat of the wholesale cleansing from sin's corruption that comes with justification.  It is like a washing of the feet raher than a bath.  Forgiveness in this latter sense is what God threatens to withhold from Christians who refuse to forgive others.  Christ teach us that forgiveness should be granted unendingly... that's why he said that 7 was not the set limit on the number of times to forgive, but precisely the opposite (Matthew 18:21, 22).

« Last Edit: May 25, 2012, 04:29:46 PM by LadyLionness »

LadyLionness

« Reply #530 on: May 24, 2012, 12:35:38 PM »
Matthew 6:21

For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also.

This has been a very profound message to me over the years.

LadyLionness

« Reply #531 on: May 24, 2012, 12:44:47 PM »
Nice summary of Chapter 6... courteousy of John Maxwell's Leadership Bible

Leaders and many of us can so easily get caught up in doing things for image sake - after all, so many people are watching... especially if we live in large Hmong communities.

Jesus warns us about facades (what we show to the outside world vs behind closed doors at home) and bypocrisy.  He means this text for everyone, with crucial applications, especially to leaders.  Our Lord speaks about doing things to be seen by men rather than to please God.  Jesus wants to build storng convictions in HIs folowers.  He wants to produce God-pleasers, not people-pleasers.   Wow, I thought only I thought that way .... lolz.  My baby is a people pleaser, and when she was about 5 or 6, I sat down with her and explained to her that I love her very much and did not want her to grow up to be a people pleaser... she said, so I should just do what pleases you and daddy?  I said, NO, not even us... only do things that will please God.  My husband thought that was too much for a little girl to take in and that it might lead her to not to listen to us... but I do see her growing up and living her life more on "what is right in the eyes of God" and she is only 10... so I will keep praying for her... but we are to be God-pleasers and not people-pleasers... I think this is very very very hard for Hmong people b/c this is the whole premise of what Hmong is... being there for each other and helping each other whether we feel like it or not.

WindComeWindBlow

« Reply #532 on: May 24, 2012, 12:52:20 PM »
Matthew 6:21

For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also.

This has been a very profound message to me over the years.

I just finally understood this phrase.

LadyLionness

« Reply #533 on: May 24, 2012, 12:52:36 PM »
Looking at Matthew 6:1 through 7:27, we see that Jesus put the spotlight and emphasis on defining and providing a set of core values for His disciples and us.
1.  Do the right things for the right reasons. (6:1-8, 16-18)
2.  Pray God's agenda, not your own. (6:9-13)
3.  Relationships will make or break you. (6:14-15)
4.  Prioritize eternal things, not temporal things. (6:19-24)
5.  Don't sweat the small stuff. (6:25-31, 34)
6.  Gold's kingdom is paramount; seek it first. (6:32, 33)
7.  Judge yourself before you judge others. (7:1-6)
8.  If you need something, ask; if you have something, give it. (7:7-12)
9.  Stay true to your convictions; don't wander from the narrow path.  (7:13-20)
10. Obedience to God is the only sure foundation for life.  (7:21-27)

LadyLionness

« Reply #534 on: May 24, 2012, 12:53:13 PM »
I just finally understood this phrase.

So, what is it that you have finally understood?  Share it with us.

LadyLionness

« Reply #535 on: May 24, 2012, 12:56:11 PM »
Seven Reasons not to worry... from Chapter 6...

6:25
The same God who created life in you can be trusted wiht the details of your life.

6:26
Worrying about the future hampers your efforts for today.

6:27
Worrying is more harmful than helpful.

6:28-30
God does not ignore those who depend on him.

6:31, 32
Worry shows a lack of faith and understanding of God.

6:33
There are real challenges God wants us to pursue, and worrying keeps us from them.

6:34
Living one day at a time keeps us form being consumed with worry.

« Last Edit: May 24, 2012, 01:00:37 PM by LadyLionness »

LadyLionness

« Reply #536 on: May 24, 2012, 01:01:07 PM »
Another really short hour for me... Doesn't look like we will have time to finish 7 properly...  :'(
 :'( :'(   

So it looks like we will continue with 7 and 8 next week.

WindComeWindBlow

« Reply #537 on: May 24, 2012, 01:04:04 PM »
Thank you, LL.  Even in your busy schedule, you came to lead the Bible Study.  I will be back to read through these later.  Enjoy your day and God bless!

LadyLionness

« Reply #538 on: May 24, 2012, 01:08:08 PM »
Dear Heavenly Father,

We thank you for all that you have done for us and especially putting the hunger in us so that we will return week after week to study your words and to strive to live according to your teaching.  Lord, as we study Chapter 6 this week and Chapters 7 and 8 for next week, I pray that you will open our hearts, mind, souls and speak directly to each of us what we need to hear.  Father, we love you and praise your name.  All these we pray in the name of our Lord and Savior, Christ Jesus.  Amen.

LadyLionness

« Reply #539 on: May 24, 2012, 01:08:53 PM »
Thank you, LL.  Even in your busy schedule, you came to lead the Bible Study.  I will be back to read through these later.  Enjoy your day and God bless!

Thank you, Wind.  You have a wonderful day and week too... have an awesome weekend with your friends and family.

Advertisements