Advertisement

Author Topic: Bible Study - Class meets on Thursday from 12:00 PM to 1:00 PM CST.  (Read 133873 times)

LadyLionness

Re: Bible Study - Class meets on Thursday from 12:00 PM to 1:00 PM CST.
« Reply #225 on: February 16, 2012, 12:49:21 PM »
God allows tough situations in our lives in order to refine us and bring us closer to him.  We should apporach these times with a right attitude asnd seek wisdom from God.

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

LadyLionness

« Reply #226 on: February 16, 2012, 12:59:02 PM »
Some scriptures that jump out at me... and have had an impact on my life:

James 1:12-15

12 When people are tempted and still continue strong, they should be happy. After they have proved their faith, God will reward them with life forever. God promised this to all those who love him. 13 When people are tempted, they should not say, "God is tempting me." Evil cannot tempt God, and God himself does not tempt anyone. 14 But people are tempted when their own evil desire leads them away and traps them. 15 This desire leads to sin, and then the sin grows and brings death.

James 1:19-21

My dear brothers and sisters, always be willing to listen and slow to speak. Do not become angry easily,20 because anger will not help you live the right kind of life God wants.21 So put out of your life every evil thing and every kind of wrong. Then in gentleness accept God's teaching that is planted in your hearts, which can save you.

Jame 1:26-27

26People who think they are religious but say things they should not say are just fooling themselves. Their "religion" is worth nothing. 27 Religion that God accepts as pure and without fault is this: caring for orphans or widows who need help, and keeping yourself free from the world's evil influence.

LadyLionness

« Reply #227 on: February 16, 2012, 01:41:09 PM »
Thank you Venom.

Thank you to all who stopped by today.  May God continue to bless you and be a force in your lives.  

I will see y'all next week.  Same time, same place.  James Chapter 4 and 5 - follow up with a live discussion if anyone is interested.

You guys are awesome!!!

« Last Edit: February 16, 2012, 01:47:54 PM by LadyLionness »

LadyLionness

« Reply #228 on: February 16, 2012, 01:46:28 PM »
Notice I highlighted what you wrote. That is the right path to start bro. Many times we forgot or refuse to say that we need help. I have been through that path many times and I still need all the help I can get.

I will PM you the books I have read and others that I have yet to read.

Our men here have gone a long way to get to where they are now and we still have tons of work to do. There was never a true leadership team to lead the men and to remind them who they are and why they are here and what purpose they are here for. We finally put our heads together and started to reach out to the men... so yes we are building an A.R.K together.

With modern technology, can't you do a webEX of sorts when you are doing the class on courageous?  I have a few people, one couple in particular that I would like to sign up with you as well.

WindComeWindBlow

« Reply #229 on: February 16, 2012, 04:12:44 PM »
I love learning about James.  Awesome reads so far.  Thanks guys. 

An incident happened a few weeks ago that I'd like to share with you guys.  My bf just found Christ again after a long time.  He enjoys reading about the Bible but lacks the motivation to attend church or has shown me that he's having a relationship with God.  Anyway, in my frustration, I've tried to remind him that he needs a relationship with God because I need a good leader.  It even got to a point that I was upset at him for a day and in my resolution, I prayed for God to open his heart and help me understand.  I went to the gym that evening and while I was in sauna, a black woman was discussing with her friend about God.  She said, "Love God with all you have and all else will follow."  That phrase really stood out to me and as it settled in my mind, I knew that it was God's message to me.  I need not worry so much about my bf's faith but allow my heart to love God faithfully and all else shall follow. 

Our Lord is faithful as always. 

LadyLionness

« Reply #230 on: February 16, 2012, 04:22:51 PM »
I love learning about James.  Awesome reads so far.  Thanks guys. 

An incident happened a few weeks ago that I'd like to share with you guys.  My bf just found Christ again after a long time.  He enjoys reading about the Bible but lacks the motivation to attend church or has shown me that he's having a relationship with God.  Anyway, in my frustration, I've tried to remind him that he needs a relationship with God because I need a good leader.  It even got to a point that I was upset at him for a day and in my resolution, I prayed for God to open his heart and help me understand.  I went to the gym that evening and while I was in sauna, a black woman was discussing with her friend about God.  She said, "Love God with all you have and all else will follow."  That phrase really stood out to me and as it settled in my mind, I knew that it was God's message to me.  I need not worry so much about my bf's faith but allow my heart to love God faithfully and all else shall follow. 

Our Lord is faithful as always. 

That he is.  All relationships goes through valleys and hills... when we are down in the valley, all we can do and should do is cling onto God and his love.  God is faithful and he will never let us down.

LadyLionness

« Reply #231 on: February 17, 2012, 08:33:10 AM »
Venom,

Can you repost your message on a husband's role in the Christian home?  Thanks!

LadyLionness

« Reply #232 on: February 17, 2012, 03:10:43 PM »
Venom,

Would it be possible to do the Resolution on PH?  Maybe you could lead one for the men and I could do one for the women.  When I looked thorugh  the books  a couple of weeks ago, they look pretty good.

WindComeWindBlow

« Reply #233 on: February 23, 2012, 12:06:18 PM »
Is everyone here?  ...

LadyLionness

« Reply #234 on: February 23, 2012, 12:07:20 PM »
I am... Wind, can you do the opening prayer?

LadyLionness

« Reply #235 on: February 23, 2012, 12:09:02 PM »
Bouncing back and forth between the four main Bibles I am using here, I really want to go back and cover some of the earlier chapters from the John Maxwell Bible... so I hope you guys will bear with me...

BoyRescue

« Reply #236 on: February 23, 2012, 12:14:09 PM »
 :hello:, I'm here.

WindComeWindBlow

« Reply #237 on: February 23, 2012, 12:16:08 PM »
Lord thank you for bringing us together today to rejoice and learn about your word.  I pray that you'll open our hearts and help us understand your message.  Lord I praise you for being in our lives and for the blessings we receive each new day.  I thank you and pray in your precious name, Amen.

LadyLionness

« Reply #238 on: February 23, 2012, 12:16:45 PM »
Thanks, Wind.

LadyLionness

« Reply #239 on: February 23, 2012, 12:17:37 PM »
James 1:19 - Listening

To Connect with Hearts, Use Your Ears

Good leaders motivate others by their listening skills.  We are to :  avoid predjudicial first impressions; become less self-centered; withhold initial criticism; stay calm; listen with empathy; be active listeners; clarify what we hear; and reocognize the healing power of listening.  Then we are to act on what we hear (James 1:22)!

Advertisements