Advertisement

Author Topic: My Pregnant Life  (Read 9635 times)

AF-Wife

My Pregnant Life
« on: January 10, 2012, 06:21:55 AM »
Entering my third trimester, I'm reflecting on how it all came to be.  I can truly say that being pregnant has been a pretty enjoyable experience.  Many women will say they love being pregnant and many women will say they hate it, in all honesty I'm in different.  Don't get me wrong, I love the perks of nice full boobs but I also hate the extra weight gain in my hips and thighs. 

My first trimester I had the usual nausea and fatigue but nothing too horrible.  I recall having body image issues during my first trimester.  I had a hard time accepting the changes of my body and was gaining weight even though I was exercising.  The thought of sexiness never entered my mind even though my husband thought other wise.  Once I hit about 14 weeks, into my second trimester I was starting to feel better about myself.  I had more energy and was enjoying pregnancy a little more.  My sweet tooth definitely showed itself during this time as well.  The greatest feeling was around 17 weeks, when I felt him flutter inside and even though we didn't care if it was a boy or girl, I know my husband secretly wanted a boy first like most men.

Now that we're in the home stretch, we just can't wait to meet this little person whos been incubating inside my uterus for 9 months.  He's been quite active these last few days and what scares me the most is the actual birthing part.  I just pray and hope for an uncomplicated birth.   :)

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

JustMe

Re: My Pregnant Life
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2012, 12:39:07 PM »
Congratulation s.. I wish the best for you both and your little new boy/girl.  They are the best little miracles in life. 

AF-Wife

« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2012, 12:42:31 AM »
Congratulations.. I wish the best for you both and your little new boy/girl.  They are the best little miracles in life. 

Thanks!  We're having a boy and definitely we're excited. 

29 weeks and this little boy is moving all over the place, I don't think he ever sleeps! 

AF-Wife

« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2012, 03:59:46 AM »
10 more weeks and counting!  So far all lab work including my glucose test have been normal and no stretch marks so I'm pretty happy about that   :)  Even though I work in the medical field, it still boggles my mind on how a 7-8 lb baby can sqeeze it's way out of a 2 inch hole.  Giving birth is a painful process and I will try to go all natural but than I'm going to definitely keep the option of an epidural.  I've been bless to have a supportive and loving husband throughout this pregnancy. 

JustMe

« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2012, 10:30:18 AM »
How are you feeling?  Excited, nervous, anxious.. all the above.   ;D

AF-Wife

« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2012, 02:29:49 AM »
How are you feeling?  Excited, nervous, anxious.. all the above.   ;D

all of the above!  I wonder how big he's gotten.

JustMe

« Reply #6 on: January 25, 2012, 08:27:50 AM »
all of the above!  I wonder how big he's gotten.

Have you gotten a 3d ultrasound done? It's so cool how they can do that.  They should be able to tell you a guesstimate the next time you do an ultrasound.   O0

AF-Wife

« Reply #7 on: January 25, 2012, 08:31:21 AM »
Have you gotten a 3d ultrasound done? It's so cool how they can do that.  They should be able to tell you a guesstimate the next time you do an ultrasound.   O0

I did the 3D ultrasound at 21 weeks, I'm now 30 weeks.  It was super neat to see his face and moving around.  He looks like my husband.  :-\  I want him to look like me!  ;D

« Last Edit: January 25, 2012, 08:56:39 AM by AF-Wife »

AF-Wife

« Reply #8 on: January 27, 2012, 02:28:28 AM »
Decisions, decisions, decisions! 

I think many working moms have come across this delimma on whether to stay at home or to go back to work.  I will eventually go back to work but the decision on whether to go back to work after 8 weeks vs. the rest of our stay here is bouncing back and forth in my mind.  If I was in an easier working situation I would definitely go back to work after 8 weeks.  The extra income is nice but will it be worth the headache with the taxes next year?   :-\ 

WindComeWindBlow

« Reply #9 on: January 27, 2012, 09:22:06 AM »
Thank you for sharing.  I want a baby now.  ;)

JustMe

« Reply #10 on: January 27, 2012, 09:41:29 AM »
Decisions, decisions, decisions! 

I think many working moms have come across this delimma on whether to stay at home or to go back to work.  I will eventually go back to work but the decision on whether to go back to work after 8 weeks vs. the rest of our stay here is bouncing back and forth in my mind.  If I was in an easier working situation I would definitely go back to work after 8 weeks.  The extra income is nice but will it be worth the headache with the taxes next year?   :-\ 

If you are able to stay at home with your baby then I would say do it.  Those are the most precious and important years that will shape their lives. 

AF-Wife

« Reply #11 on: January 30, 2012, 01:26:31 AM »
Thank you for sharing.  I want a baby now.  ;)

You're welcome!  Being pregnant and being thousand of miles away from family, this online journal has been a nice outlet for me to express what I'm going through and how I feel about pregnancy.  There are so many different views on being pregnant and every woman is different.  

« Last Edit: January 30, 2012, 02:18:35 AM by AF-Wife »

AF-Wife

« Reply #12 on: January 30, 2012, 01:28:35 AM »
If you are able to stay at home with your baby then I would say do it.  Those are the most precious and important years that will shape their lives. 

You are right about spending as much time as you can with your baby, since they grow so FAST!  Once I get back to the states, I could easily get a job and work.  With this baby being my first, it'll be nice to just bond and experience motherhood. 

AF-Wife

« Reply #13 on: January 30, 2012, 02:08:48 AM »
This weekend I was overwhelmed with how much my body has changed.  Even though I accepted the fact that I'll gain weight during pregnancy, it's still very uncomfortable with the extra weight gain and seems like nothing fits correctly.  I'm starting to notice that at times the bottom of my stomach seems to tighten, not sure if it's Braxton Hick contractions.   ???  The weekend wasn't a total waste, we bought our car seat and stroller travel system.  After, many hours researching for the best car seat we decided on a Chicco brand, which had a good infant car seat test ratings with good reviews from other buyers.  Safety was the most important factor when purchasing the travel system.  I do have to say that the car seat is a little heavy by itself already but the stroller seems easy to use.  It's nice to have all the big purchases out of the way, now I need to pack my emergency bag, just in case this little one wants to enter the world a little early. 

Peachy Fish

« Reply #14 on: January 30, 2012, 06:16:34 AM »
How exciting! I cannot wait to meet your little one and all the other little ones that are entering my world this year.

Advertisements