Advertisement

Author Topic: A Pharaoh’s Autobiography: A Quail's Journey through Life and Death  (Read 21038 times)

JustMe

Re: A Pharaoh’s Autobiography: A Quail's Journey through Life and Death
« Reply #30 on: January 31, 2012, 02:50:02 PM »
Well, if u someday decide to get an emu egg, let me know. That'd be interesting to see ;D

Yeah..Sure will.. These take 17 days to hatch and I'm a wreck.. I don't know how I am going to handle 55 days..  :2funny:

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

Calypso

« Reply #31 on: January 31, 2012, 03:27:23 PM »
So ur addicted to hatching eggs? ??? ;D

JustMe

« Reply #32 on: January 31, 2012, 03:34:15 PM »
So ur addicted to hatching eggs? ??? ;D

Yes.. and I can't help it.. But I'm getting better though.. I used to check on it every them every 15 mins..  :2funny: :2funny:  But now I can wait a whole day to check the temps and humidity.. but when the 17 days or 21 days for chickens comes around.. I start looking at it every 5 mins.. and I swear I see those eggs move but nothing comes out until I pass out.  Wake up and they are all out..  ;D

Offline Mrs.Vang

• Board Moderator
  • "The only ugly faces, are the ones we make."
  • Respect: +126
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 31, 2012, 08:03:36 PM »
Awwwww.. they're all out!  So cute!  Gosh, I love baby chicks!  They're soft and adorable! :) 

Thanks for sharing them with us!

"Some people, no matter how old they get, never lose their beauty - they merely move it from their faces into their hearts."<br /><br />

Calypso

« Reply #34 on: February 01, 2012, 08:54:08 AM »
Yes.. and I can't help it.. But I'm getting better though.. I used to check on it every them every 15 mins..  :2funny: :2funny:  But now I can wait a whole day to check the temps and humidity.. but when the 17 days or 21 days for chickens comes around.. I start looking at it every 5 mins.. and I swear I see those eggs move but nothing comes out until I pass out.  Wake up and they are all out..  ;D

:2funny:  Ed, ur funny. Ur like their mother, or actually their father bird.  ;D

Peachy Fish

« Reply #35 on: February 01, 2012, 09:12:29 AM »
Awesome journal.  O0

JustMe

« Reply #36 on: February 01, 2012, 09:26:41 AM »
Awwwww.. they're all out!  So cute!  Gosh, I love baby chicks!  They're soft and adorable! :) 

Thanks for sharing them with us!

Your Welcome.. Hope you enjoy it. 

:2funny:  Ed, ur funny. Ur like their mother, or actually their father bird.  ;D

LOL.. Bird farmer.. If you call me father bird then I can't eat them.. :2funny:

Awesome journal.  O0

Thanks, Thought it would be a change up from the usual.. from a Quail's perspective.

JustMe

« Reply #37 on: February 01, 2012, 09:32:59 AM »
Good Morning,

Last night was the first night we spent in our new box (litterally a box) but a nice heated box.  Mercury temp reads 95 degrees.  We be staying here for the next week or two until we feather.  We usually feather up in about 7-10 day.  That is when we can fly.  J put food all over our floor so that we can find our food.  The water he put in a colder part of the Box so we wouldn't lay in the warm water.  We were able to find the water as he put shiny objects in there for us to see.  We are curious birds so we peck at any shiny objects.  Well back to eating and sleeping.   :2funny: Here is a picture of me, that is my good side. 

Calypso

« Reply #38 on: February 01, 2012, 10:20:49 AM »
Good Morning,

Last night was the first night we spent in our new box (litterally a box) but a nice heated box.  Mercury temp reads 95 degrees.  We be staying here for the next week or two until we feather.  We usually feather up in about 7-10 day.  That is when we can fly.  J put food all over our floor so that we can find our food.  The water he put in a colder part of the Box so we wouldn't lay in the warm water.  We were able to find the water as he put shiny objects in there for us to see.  We are curious birds so we peck at any shiny objects.  Well back to eating and sleeping.   :2funny: Here is a picture of me, that is my good side. 

Cute...very cute. It's gonna be sad when u eat them.

However plz post pics of the dishes u make (NOT the killing!).  ;D

JustMe

« Reply #39 on: February 01, 2012, 10:44:25 AM »
Awww.. I'm glad you decided to keep them and not eat them.

For the time being..  :2funny:

JustMe

« Reply #40 on: February 01, 2012, 10:48:48 AM »
Cute...very cute. It's gonna be sad when u eat them.

However plz post pics of the dishes u make (NOT the killing!).  ;D

I'll put a disclaimer ... Next few post are graphic... I think people need to know how food is processed, maybe we may all be vegans one day..  :2funny:

JustMe

« Reply #41 on: February 01, 2012, 10:50:05 AM »
Should we launch a Quail Rescue Mission to FL? LOL

Eliminated..  O0

Calypso

« Reply #42 on: February 01, 2012, 11:20:23 AM »
I'll put a disclaimer ... Next few post are graphic... I think people need to know how food is processed, maybe we may all be vegans one day..  :2funny:

Fine. But no live feed of it. :(

R u really a farmer in FL? I didn't know Hmong ppl live in FL!

JustMe

« Reply #43 on: February 01, 2012, 11:24:21 AM »
Fine. But no live feed of it. :(

R u really a farmer in FL? I didn't know Hmong ppl live in FL!

Fine... just pictures..  ;D I'm not a farmer, its just a hobby.. There are a lot of Hmong people in FL, there is even a New Year committe, two churches.. etc..

Calypso

« Reply #44 on: February 01, 2012, 12:47:15 PM »
Fine... just pictures..  ;D I'm not a farmer, its just a hobby.. There are a lot of Hmong people in FL, there is even a New Year committe, two churches.. etc..

Really? So there is a whole community of Hmong ppl there? I figured more Hmong ppl would live there since the weather's more like Laos. Don't know how my family all ended up in freezing cold WI. ::) Must be nice to be in FL around this time of year! U lucky. O0

Advertisements