Advertisement

Author Topic: 3D TVs  (Read 1508 times)

Peachy Fish

3D TVs
« on: February 09, 2012, 11:33:37 PM »
My tiny qualm w/3D TVs:

Although we have a 3D TV, the available 3D contents out there are very few. It kind of makes having a 3D TV pointless.   :'( When will they start shooting TV shows in 3D?

Also, I could only watch it for so long...like 20 min. and then I have to look away for a moment.  :-\

« Last Edit: February 09, 2012, 11:37:34 PM by Peachy Fish »

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

six

Re: 3D TVs
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2012, 12:35:54 AM »
...SUCKA!  j/k j/k.

Yeah...the actual number of real 3D content is tiny.  Most stuff is that 2D to 3D conversion crap....comple tely useless.  Even if the content was shot in 3D, the consumer form of it is likely in some kind of stripped down 3D...or what I like call 3-layer crap.  Unfortunately, it seems we are at least 5 years away from decent television content....if it even gets adopted at all.  WHERE'S MY NFL 3D???

If you haven't already, you should checkout: 3net.com, youtube 3D amateur videos, and 3dxstar.com.  j/k about the last one.  You could also get a 3D still camera.  I think 3D pictures are much more interesting.

Peachy Fish

« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2012, 06:09:54 AM »
I agree guys. I guess it's also a blessing we don't watch 3d contents too often.

Six, the bf's friends bought it for us as a housewarming gift.  :P

VCL

« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2012, 07:48:38 AM »
The transition from 2d to 3d will be a slow one just like SD to HD. But as cost goes down to produce the content and if done right, 3d can be an engrossing experience (Avatar). There's nothing wrong with future proofing your equipment by buying an affordable 3d tv. If 3d takes off, you're already set. If it doesn't, you still have an HD tv.

obscurity

« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2012, 01:53:30 PM »
3d wouldnt be so bad if there wasn't so much crap usage of it, instead of quality use of it

for now 3d is prob just best for people who play videogames and that being more on pc then on consoles

petsdraw

« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2012, 01:31:33 AM »
never, 3d is a fad tech that comes and goes...

Offline azn-guy

• Jr. Poster
  • Respect: +72
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 03, 2012, 01:53:00 AM »
3d is cool but not really a fan of it, im not use to it so i have to really focus on it and when i do it hurts my eyes badly

Advertisements