Advertisement

Author Topic: Fifty Shades of Grey  (Read 15993 times)

duck-ie

Re: Fifty Shades of Grey
« Reply #15 on: May 28, 2012, 12:14:10 AM »
sorry i came late to the "I hate 50 shades of grey" book club but i thought this was funny

« Last Edit: May 28, 2012, 12:15:05 PM by duck-ie »

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

AutumnLy

« Reply #16 on: May 30, 2012, 03:30:39 PM »
Hi - I'm currently reading it. Was waiting at the airport and very bored so I decided to pick it up to see what the hype was all about.

Slow start but it seems to be picking up.  It's a bit disturbing. .... like why is it that she isn't scared of him when he showed her his playroom.. she's a virgin! But then again maybe she's desperate or very curious.

I hardly have time to read, but hopefully I'll get to finish this book by the end of June and start on the next one!

hawjxwb

« Reply #17 on: June 06, 2012, 07:14:19 AM »
My SIL n her lady coworkers are all so crazy over Christian Grey! She gave me the books to read and it's not all that. His style is too kinky for me, I've read better ones. I'd say it's so so.

Offline Believe_N_Me

• Elite Poster
  • Respect: +458
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 08, 2012, 02:54:54 PM »
EL James said that she based the characters on Rob Pattinson and Kristen Stewart, but amped them up. Obvioulsy the looks described in the book match to a tee, but knowing how goofy Pattinson is I don't see him playing the sophisticated Christian Grey. And then Stewart is such a lesbian and spaz that there's no way she could ever be Ana Steele, who is supposedly uber smart. Anna Kendricks is a better fit and maybe Chace Crawford as Grey.

nou

« Reply #19 on: June 16, 2012, 01:23:12 AM »
My reaction to this book is..... WOW... do people really do that? Submissives and Dominants? WHAO!  Anastasia Steele is ANNOYING like Kristen Stewart playing Bella...

In the Epilogue where it was from Christian Grey's perspective, I thought that was very interesting to get into the mind of Christian!  E.L. James should have done it from Christian's point of view.

I listened to the audio book and it was funny hearing the reader's voice.  I think she orgasmed a few times throughout reading the book. LOL

Overall, book was okay.  I was hoping for a more dramatic ending. =P

Offline Believe_N_Me

• Elite Poster
  • Respect: +458
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 21, 2012, 05:40:07 PM »
My reaction to this book is..... WOW... do people really do that? Submissives and Dominants? WHAO!  Anastasia Steele is ANNOYING like Kristen Stewart playing Bella...

In the Epilogue where it was from Christian Grey's perspective, I thought that was very interesting to get into the mind of Christian!  E.L. James should have done it from Christian's point of view.

I listened to the audio book and it was funny hearing the reader's voice.  I think she orgasmed a few times throughout reading the book. LOL

Overall, book was okay.  I was hoping for a more dramatic ending. =P

Ana was annoying and did not come off as smart or interesting.

Offline FOREVER_SNY

• PH Regular
  • Respect: +1
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 22, 2012, 02:43:21 PM »
The books is very good!  I take about four days to finish reading it.  O0...there will be a movie out on this one pretty soon! can't wait.

Calypso

« Reply #22 on: June 25, 2012, 08:41:37 AM »
LOL now that is super funny.

ahahahaha. i saw this and i really want it to be true. gilbert gottfried reading 50 shades of grace

Funny! :2funny:

I'm almost done w/ the book, and I don't like it. ::) :-X

snowpea

« Reply #23 on: June 25, 2012, 09:50:19 PM »
The first thing I thought when I began reading this book was that it reminded me a lot of Twilight.  And then when I saw the author on 20/20 saying she was inspired by the Twilight series, it all made sense to me.  I didn't like Twilight nor did I finish it either.  I only began reading 50 to take a break from Atlas Shrugged.  I guess it's time to go back. 

Calypso

« Reply #24 on: June 26, 2012, 09:13:15 AM »
what did you do in your past life that you would torture yourself in this life with such cruel and inhumane punishment?  :'(

I don't know, but I just felt the urge to read it. It was uncontrollable .... and so painful. :'( :-X

Summer Love

« Reply #25 on: July 12, 2012, 04:29:29 PM »
I also hear a lot of good reviews.  I don't have much time to read but I plan on picking up the first book this weekend from a friend. 

JuneBug

« Reply #26 on: July 17, 2012, 09:19:19 PM »
the writing is really bad and how anyone think this book can change/save their relationship needs to be in a straight jacket.

I_am_She

« Reply #27 on: July 25, 2012, 06:11:08 PM »
apparently, if you like this then you would like this even more:

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B008HYPEYS/ref=rdr_kindle_ext_tmb

« Last Edit: July 25, 2012, 06:12:46 PM by I_am_She »

xoniuqe

« Reply #28 on: August 04, 2012, 12:23:27 AM »
Um, I don't know how this book can change or help anyone's relationship. lol It's a total fantasy after all. I love the whole series. It's a creative aspect of writing. Loosen up about the fact that it's such bad writing.  :D

xoniuqe

Re: 50 shades of grey
« Reply #29 on: August 04, 2012, 12:25:42 AM »
I'm excited to see who will play Christian Grey. He is in his own league that they shouldn't even make a movie! I looked up that Audi car and man... drools.

Advertisements