Advertisement

Author Topic: Fifty Shades of Grey  (Read 15995 times)

ah_choo

Re: Fifty Shades of Grey
« Reply #30 on: August 04, 2012, 08:14:03 AM »
Myself have not read the book but my sister did and she love it. She is even re-reading the books over again....ahaha ha.

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

aria

« Reply #31 on: August 07, 2012, 01:17:38 PM »
There are a lot of hype over this series. And people who don't normally read romance novels are reading it and recommending it to others. It started as an online fan fiction inspired by Twilight so obviously there are a lot of resemblances. I picked up a copy for my trip to Hawaii next week but haven't read it. Hopefully it isn't all so bad.

JuneBug

« Reply #32 on: August 08, 2012, 09:56:32 PM »
Um, I don't know how this book can change or help anyone's relationship. lol It's a total fantasy after all. I love the whole series. It's a creative aspect of writing. Loosen up about the fact that it's such bad writing.  :D

i like reading books with substance.  the sex and trashy nature of this book is fine with me, but what gets me is that it actively promotes women to stay with controlling and abusive men.  this leads to battered and even dead women...includ ing children.

aria

« Reply #33 on: August 27, 2012, 02:37:21 PM »
I'm back and did not touch the book while on vacation. I did complete a mystery novel by Harlan Coben on the flight back and was looking for another book to read when my sister-in-law bought me "50 shades of Grey" at the airport bookstore! So now I own TWO of this book! Ugh. LOL. I tried to read it and the writing really does suck. I couldn't continue and have left it sitting by my toilet. Maybe I'll pick it up. :)

aria

« Reply #34 on: August 27, 2012, 04:08:00 PM »
It does get a bit better if you can tolerate Ana. LOL... I finished the series last night.

Your sis is having Christian Grey fever.  :D

That's hopeful then! Everyone is recommending the book left to right! So I might have to re-pick it up.

I'm not surprised she's a fan! She loved Twilight and actually went out and bought Stephenie Meyer's non-Twilight book, The Host or something. LOL. Crazy girl!

AOZ

« Reply #35 on: August 28, 2012, 04:44:44 PM »
i have it in ipod format...
haven't even listened to it yet.   ;D ;D ;D

maybe if i can convert to something i can play it in car while i drive long distance.

madeup

« Reply #36 on: October 14, 2012, 09:49:50 PM »
i went out and bought the first book to anne rices sleeping beauty....im halfway and im disgusted with the book. im not feeling the whole slave thing...and the way their "slaves" are treated is just...theres no word to explain it. idk...but im hesitant to finish the book but since ive already wasted money on it i might as well finish it.
fifty shades of grey does not compare to sleeping beauty at all. to me, sleeping beauty is 100x more disgustingly disturbing.

aria

« Reply #37 on: October 14, 2012, 11:43:25 PM »
Hey, I never finished 50 Shades of Grey BUT I sold both of them on eBay for about the same price as I purchased (well, one was a gift)! YAY!!!!

madeup

« Reply #38 on: October 15, 2012, 04:49:08 PM »
LMAO. I was looking up reviews for the sleeping beauty by anne rice book...
this review...crack ed me up and explains how i felt.

http://www.goodreads.com/review/show/315765024

August Night

« Reply #39 on: December 14, 2012, 12:00:06 PM »
This series is not even that great.  Hollywood is just trying to capitalize by following in the Twilight Saga's success because it was inspired by Edward and Bella.  This story started in the fanfic world called "Master of the Universe".  For those that don't know, fanfic is just regular ppl making up stories using characters from books, movies, etc... and most of these are full of lemons.  I like reading fanfics, but I didn't think this story was that good.  Three books and there was almost no plot or character development.  Just a lot of lemons.  There are better Twilight fanfics out there for reading enjoyment.

1luv

« Reply #40 on: December 14, 2012, 12:01:53 PM »
So I read the book just to be one with the rest of yall females and I am naming my first daughter...

ANA!!!!!

Offline Believe_N_Me

• Elite Poster
  • Respect: +458
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: January 02, 2013, 01:10:32 AM »
For those who are looking for big words and character development, this series is not for you. Personally, I could use a break every now and then from too much brain stimulation so I don't mind watered down prose but this was kind of boring for me. Ana Steele is a bit annoying and I don't see Grey's intrigue with her at all - not even if it's just for a little sexual entertainment. Honestly, if you just want to know what the hype is then skip to all the scenes where the sex happens. Everything else is just James excuse to get  this published.

Offline Dok_Champa

• Sr. Poster
  • Respect: +200
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: January 09, 2013, 10:02:21 AM »
I'm not sure what the hype of this book is all about..  I read a little bit..just like any other steamy romance novels.

But true love is a durable fire, In the mind ever burning, Never sick, never old, never dead, From itself never turning.<br />               --Sir Walter Raleigh

Rani

« Reply #43 on: May 13, 2013, 03:02:49 PM »
This book was reportedly the most likely book found left behind in hotels....

Advertisements