Advertisement

Author Topic: Falling inlove with the most amazing person ...  (Read 3257 times)

LadyLionness

Falling inlove with the most amazing person ...
« on: April 09, 2012, 11:46:04 PM »
April 9, 2012

Truth or dare:  How many times have you prayed for a life "less ordinary" than the one you're living?  If you're being honest, you will say, "Often."  Can I challenge you to a dare?  

Today, stop praying for anything other than the life you have!  All you have is all you need.  But more than that, all you have is all you could possibly want.  If you don't believe it, stick close by me this year and I will prove it to you.

Give thanks for your most "ordinary" life.  This is how the miracle begins, as we embark with a sense of adventure seeking the splendid in the simple gift of the everyday.

« Last Edit: April 10, 2012, 12:15:11 AM by LadyLionness »

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

LadyLionness

Re: Falling inlove with the most amazing person I have ever met...
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2012, 12:03:44 AM »
April 10, 2012

The Second Time Around

What happiness there is when I awake to find near me the GIFT of a morning!! ~ Abbie Graham.

There is something so splendid, so abundant about Life's "second chances" that arrive each morning.  Perhaps it's because second chances (or third, fourth, and fifth!) are the golden opportunities we thought too good to be true the first time around .  Now we know better.

Let's begin this journey with a clean slate - which is an evening dedicated to dreaming about the weeks and months to come and how you would like to savor them.  Revel in them.  Appreciate them.  A sweet new journey's ritual is to be "at home" to the Future.  Curl up in your favorite chair, listen to some soothing music, sip something festive and bubbly, and slowly light twelve votive candles - one for each new month. 

As you light the first candle, as the first month of your journey:  Are there any old desires you need to relinquish in order to move on?  Ask the next month:  What new-to-you "ordinary" ritual can you begin integriting into your daily round or week that will be self-nurturing?  Perhaps it's leave your desk top clear of clutter at the end of each day.  But it could just as well be take a nap on Sunday.  Ask the third month, what new dream is seeing itself in your imagination?  Be fanciful, curious with your questions.  When you ask each month it's questions, whatever answer pops up, be it whimsical or practical, act upon the suggestion and notice how you feel later.  I am going to keep a journal of my experience in this thread.

LadyLionness

Re: Falling inlove with the most amazing person ...
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2012, 08:25:04 AM »
April 18, 2012

Forgot about this journal, but I remember reading the intro and she said that instead of doing all those wonderful things for object of our love when we are in love only... why not do all those things for yourself?  such as setting the table nicely, keeping the house nice and clean, wearing that pretty dress... using that special wine glass... Maybe I won't do it everyday, but I would like to date myself at least once a week.  She said that by doing this... we will be filled with that "inlove" feeling that we have when we fall inlove with that special someone.

proudlao

« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2012, 08:28:13 AM »
People will know when they tend to themselves and know that they are special when they no longer gets bore, lonely, and being needy.

It's why you and I are not the lonesome type LL.

LadyLionness

« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2012, 11:19:04 AM »
Very true, ProudLao... true happiness and true contentment comes from within ... either we love ourselves and perpetuate that love outward to those around us... or we have nothing to give at all... an empty tank...

DonJuan

« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2012, 09:09:01 AM »
April 9, 2012

Truth or dare:  How many times have you prayed for a life "less ordinary" than the one you're living?  If you're being honest, you will say, "Often."  Can I challenge you to a dare?  

Today, stop praying for anything other than the life you have!  All you have is all you need.  But more than that, all you have is all you could possibly want.  If you don't believe it, stick close by me this year and I will prove it to you.

Give thanks for your most "ordinary" life.  This is how the miracle begins, as we embark with a sense of adventure seeking the splendid in the simple gift of the everyday.

This is also rule#1 of sorcery.

One must appreciate life and not ask for more before the spirit answers.  O0

LadyLionness

« Reply #6 on: April 26, 2012, 09:18:37 AM »
This is also rule#1 of sorcery.

One must appreciate life and not ask for more before the spirit answers.  O0

True... to do so would lead to disappointment ... He will give in his time... and when he knows you are ready.

DonJuan

« Reply #7 on: April 26, 2012, 09:22:25 AM »
People will know when they tend to themselves and know that they are special when they no longer gets bore, lonely, and being needy.

It's why you and I are not the lonesome type LL.

True indeed. But this is such a tiny step toward the path of truth. A tiny step but a big accomplishment .

Loving oneself is in reality is merely accepting oneself.

The next step is?

LadyLionness

« Reply #8 on: April 26, 2012, 09:25:21 AM »
Don't know yet... lolz... have to read the next few pages in the book... will journal it here... do come back and discuss it with me... maybe I can help the Christians... and you can help the non-Christians...  :) :) :)

DonJuan

« Reply #9 on: April 26, 2012, 06:46:52 PM »
Walking the path of the spirit.

LadyLionness

« Reply #10 on: April 28, 2012, 02:54:30 PM »
"To fall in love with yourself is the first secret to happiness." --Robert Morely

There is nothing in the world that beats the feeling of falling in love and being in love! Many of us fantasize of meeting our perfect match and being swept off our feet … yet more and more of us think of relationships as a life partnership that gives us sustenance and allow us to share our selves and our love in a deep and soulful way. We long for a strong and happy unions and marriages, and home life that offers security and is sturdy enough to be the foundation for all else we do in the world.

With so many people expressing so much desire for true love, why are so many still searching? Why do many people fear love may never come? The reasons are many, and as complex as each individual who desires true love.  There are two things that crop up time and time again. One is that many people tend to think magically about love without doing the practical and emotional work to draw a relationship to them … and keep it healthy and alive. And second is that many of us skip important steps to creating the relationship of their dreams by forgetting the cardinal rule of love relationships -- in order to experience genuine, mature love with another we first must love ourselves.

Your first stop on the road to romance is with You! Looking for love externally, and even finding someone who seems to adore you, can be a fleeting thing if you do not have a strong foundation of self-esteem. It is honoring of oneself that opens the door for another to truly do the same.

If you want to make a powerful statement about your readiness for love … fall in love with yourself first and ceremoniously commit yourself to yourself. Your willingness to take such a strong stand for love in your life will create miracles in all areas and will initiate you to a new way of being.

You will need ample time alone, something wonderful to wear, candle, flowers, paper or journal and pen, a mirror, music, celebratory food and libation (a glass of wine or grape juice is fine), anything else you would like to include:
  • Light a candle and bring light into the room.
  • Say a brief prayer: "God, please fill this place with your presence. Support me in my efforts to express my love foe self. Help me see my own worth as you see me. Amen."
  • Sit down and meditate on the qualities you desire in a mate. Daydream about what you would say to that person were he or she standing before you on your wedding day.
  • Write down three (or more) vows that are personally meaningful to you: "I will promise to love you through all time… I promise to love myself so that I can more fully receive your love …   I adore the way I feel when I am with your … etc."
  • When you feel ready, look into the mirror and connect with your own eyes and read the vows to yourself. It may be uncomfortable at first but you can transcend that. Know that your self-love vows will send a powerful message to the universe that you are ready for love!
  • Celebrate your date with self with a sip of wine.
  • Play the music of that you have selected.
  • Dance … and feel the love.

« Last Edit: April 28, 2012, 03:02:46 PM by LadyLionness »

LadyLionness

« Reply #11 on: May 29, 2012, 02:54:28 PM »
Wow, it's been an entire month and I have yet to take myself out for a date.  Hmm... I think I will do it this weekend.  Need to decide where I am going.  Gonna take myself out for something fun.  Just me.

DonJuan

« Reply #12 on: May 30, 2012, 08:49:54 AM »
To love is to see you in others.
Love has never been about another person, it's been always about yourself.

So do take yourself out.

LadyLionness

« Reply #13 on: February 19, 2014, 05:41:27 PM »
I have to find the book and keep this journal going.

Offline VillainousHero

• Elite Poster
  • Villain or Hero
  • Respect: +398
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 26, 2014, 03:00:45 PM »
I am myself, my most important relationship.  Because my love is enough and when it runs out...somehow there is more come tomorrow.  Wait there's more right now when I just checked what was empty.   How can that be?  At the end, always a new beginning.  A step backward to make another step forward.  My love is truly unconditional.

The real villain is looking at you.  The last hero was just not true.  If everything works out in the end.  It's because all things make amends.

Advertisements