Advertisement

Author Topic: This is what my grass looks like...a wheat field wannabe  (Read 19007 times)

Calypso

Re: This is what my grass looks like...a wheat field wannabe
« Reply #45 on: June 04, 2012, 09:58:43 PM »
LOL.. wen I move into my new house I chopped all the trees down. What I have left is the one by the power line that runs along my property.. I like trees but when big storm cums I was afraid that it'll break onto of my house

U were that afraid that u went and chopped them all down? dang... ;D

In our backyard, we have a big tree right in the middle and the branches r always falling down during storms. But so far, no really huge branch has yet to fall on our house. Fingers crossed.

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

Offline saki saki

• Jr. Poster
  • Respect: +61
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: June 04, 2012, 10:03:07 PM »
I had a very huge tree in front of my house..If you were to hold my hands only then we can huge the tree.. that's how big it was.. that I hire those tree removers to do that..that tree trunk is there. well part of it.. most of it rotted away :D :D

Calypso

« Reply #47 on: June 04, 2012, 10:10:26 PM »
I had a very huge tree in front of my house..If you were to hold my hands only then we can huge the tree.. that's how big it was.. that I hire those tree removers to do that..that tree trunk is there. well part of it.. most of it rotted away :D :D

Whoa, that's a ginormous tree! Its branches must weigh a ton. That one I'd agree would have to be cut down if it was close to the house.

My neighbor has a tree that leans into our yard and right over our pool. Damn leaves and twigs r always falling into our pool. I've been hinting at them that they should cut those branches off. They did but still left some. ::) But I guess if they chopped them all off, they'd have a lopsided looking tree. ;D

Offline saki saki

• Jr. Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: June 04, 2012, 10:32:55 PM »
Yea and plus that too, every Oct.. Yeaaa I'm so happy to go do yard work.. LOL (NOT)
yea all those good leaves.. Gotta love rake'n 'em or mulch it and have yellow grass for awhile.lol

Offline SummerBerry

• Elite Poster
  • Respect: +203
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: June 06, 2012, 06:34:10 PM »
My grass today......... .. My son threw my camera in the toilet so it is dead and had to use an old camera and haven't adjust it yet so it look dark.  Grass texture is different maybe because of the brand we use to fertizlier it but it was not easy to get it even out when pouring it.  I don't like it and going to let it go for another 2 weeks before cutting it.  The front yard has change a lot too. 

Offline saki saki

• Jr. Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: June 06, 2012, 06:43:08 PM »
You got lots of sun shine in your yard.. Ever thought of doing a garden? I'm pretty sure you can grow lot of goodies there.. like watermelons, squash.. etc..

Offline saki saki

• Jr. Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: June 06, 2012, 06:45:29 PM »
well at least it's getting greener, compare to the other photo shot that you did..

Calypso

« Reply #52 on: June 06, 2012, 10:09:26 PM »
I agree w/ saki, summerberry. Ur grass is looking greener!

AOZ

« Reply #53 on: June 08, 2012, 11:20:21 AM »
here's one of my grassy backyards.

Offline YAX

• Global Moderator
  • Respect: +419
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: June 08, 2012, 12:26:31 PM »
LOL.  Must be nice to have a rainbow in your backyard.  ;D

Offline SummerBerry

• Elite Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: June 08, 2012, 06:24:18 PM »
We have bald spots too, but they're in the back.

SummerBerry, our front yard has no trees at all. I was told by our neighbors that there used to be plenty of trees there but that the previous owners took them all out due to some problems with the roots or something like that. It's nice to have some trees for shade. I wish we had at least one tree there.

I regret we took out some of the trees in the front and back yard because of the concrete work.  There was actually 3 trees in the backyard close to the brick wall when the owner/investor fixed the yard and got the grass turf and everything.  Right now I look at the trees in the front yard and see how much it has blossom and perfect shade too.  My next door neighbor the Chinese are lazy and never clean their yard unless his parent are visiting from China every 2-3 months then his dad will do a little of this and that and if we suggest anything then him and my husband will fixed it together like the fence.

I think the fertizlier I got for the grass actually grew thick and the color texture is a very dark green kind so now I realized there is all kind of grass.  That machine didn't do any help in evenly it out so once I'm back from vacation I will get another bag and spread it out with my hand on the bald spot.   
here's one of my grassy backyards.

You have a garden.

1st rainbow we caught when moving into our new house.

1st thunder storm that turn into light hailstorm that look like snow for the 1st in my life on April 11/12.

Rainbow on April 15th the morning I was being discharge from the hospital after giving birth to my daughter on April 13th.

Calypso

« Reply #56 on: June 12, 2012, 10:51:38 AM »
AOZ, is that really ur backyard? I would be so jealous...

SummerBerry, nice pics. That rainbow is pretty. We didn't really get hail at all this past winter.. very mild winter.

Offline SummerBerry

• Elite Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: June 13, 2012, 04:47:14 PM »
AOZ, is that really ur backyard? I would be so jealous...

SummerBerry, nice pics. That rainbow is pretty. We didn't really get hail at all this past winter.. very mild winter.

My 1st time seeing such little hailstorm almost like snow here otherwise you have to drive out to the mountain.  Too bad none of my kids were here to see it because I just send them off a day before so they all missed it otherwise they would probably be in the back touching it.

Sleipnir

« Reply #58 on: June 18, 2012, 11:16:40 PM »
hrm....

doesn't the city come cut your grass and leave you a bill + fine?

Calypso

« Reply #59 on: June 19, 2012, 09:23:48 AM »
hrm....

doesn't the city come cut your grass and leave you a bill + fine?

My grass isn't that long. It just LOOKS long. ;D

Advertisements