Advertisement

Author Topic: iCop's Path To Honor  (Read 2778 times)

yajmafia

iCop's Path To Honor
« on: January 18, 2013, 01:00:26 PM »
When I get my final 1% body fat off, my enlistment into the US Army National Guard will be complete.

I hope to leave for BCT & AIT (OSUT) next month as an 11Bravo (Infantry).

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

proudlao

Re: iCop's Path To Honor
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2013, 01:06:42 PM »
Make us proud.

yajmafia

« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2013, 01:18:10 PM »
I'll try my best.

proudlao

« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2013, 01:24:12 PM »
I read that it's a 16 weeks program with 3 days break and you stayed in one unit or location?

yajmafia

« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2013, 01:38:48 PM »
I read that it's a 16 weeks program with 3 days break and you stayed in one unit or location?

Pretty much.  Basic Combat Training is about 12 weeks long.  Then AIT is another 9 weeks? (Depending on your MOS).  The 3 day break is when you graduate BCT and have Family Day.

For my MOS, 11B, we do BCT and AIT at the same place.  Some will do BCT with me and then transfer to another state for AIT.

proudlao

« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2013, 01:42:04 PM »
I see. I came very close in enlisting when I was in HS. I would have had it not been for those damn girls  ;D

yajmafia

« Reply #6 on: January 18, 2013, 01:52:45 PM »
I see. I came very close in enlisting when I was in HS. I would have had it not been for those damn girls  ;D

Tell me about it.  Stupid girls. LOL.

How old are you now?

proudlao

« Reply #7 on: January 18, 2013, 01:56:38 PM »
I am 26  ;D  j/k. Those girls all they care about are their NEEDS  ;D

Oh man, why did you have to asked... ;D  Now I have to hurry and plan that trip to Laos  :P

yajmafia

« Reply #8 on: January 21, 2013, 10:25:48 AM »
I am 26  ;D  j/k. Those girls all they care about are their NEEDS  ;D

Oh man, why did you have to asked... ;D  Now I have to hurry and plan that trip to Laos  :P

LMAO.

yajmafia

« Reply #9 on: January 25, 2013, 06:23:56 AM »
I am going to MEPS (Military Enterance Processing Station) next week.  Nervous. :S

proudlao

« Reply #10 on: January 25, 2013, 06:30:19 AM »
That would be normal. I bet you are excited as well. What will take place there?

yajmafia

« Reply #11 on: January 25, 2013, 10:19:43 AM »
That would be normal. I bet you are excited as well. What will take place there?

Thursday, I will be taking my ASVAB.  Its pretty much like a placement test to see how smart you are and then some paperwork.  This could take up to 9 hours.  Then I'll spend a night in a hotel with another applicant.

Friday, will be all paperwork including medicals.  Their medicals are crazy.  I have to get naked and spread my cheeks.  REally weird but everyone says they have done it.  Then urinary tests.  They have to watch me pee as well to ensure my urine flow is good.  Weird.  Lets see I will be doing the rest of the paperwork.  The important ones.. like my contract ect.  I will also get taped to make sure I can pass.  I'm worried.  I still have to lose at least an inch off my waist.  To get this, they take your age, weight, neck, and belly (above belly button) measurements.  They do this if you are over your height and weight ratio.  So this will determine the body fat.  I have to be at 26% to enlist and right now, I am still at 27%.   I lost 9lbs in two weeks and still not good enough. AHH!

Friday will finish with me swearing in oath to the government and I will then find out my ship date.

I'm very excited.  I'll be taking about a 5 month leave for work (before my promotion :(  ) so hopefully I'll still have the job I was promoting to when I get back.  And I also hope to get back before my wife's birthday in July.

Mood: Nervous/excited

proudlao

« Reply #12 on: January 25, 2013, 10:57:18 AM »
Yup, it's gotta be top notch or else anyone could just walk in there. I hope everything will go well for you. I am sure they will let the 27% slide. I know for sure, when it is all done with you will be heall proud and so will your family.

yajmafia

« Reply #13 on: January 25, 2013, 12:34:24 PM »
Yup, it's gotta be top notch or else anyone could just walk in there. I hope everything will go well for you. I am sure they will let the 27% slide. I know for sure, when it is all done with you will be heall proud and so will your family.

Thanks bro, appreciate the kind words.

yajmafia

« Reply #14 on: January 30, 2013, 07:47:08 AM »
MEPS starts tonight.  Then more tomorrow.  I'm nervous and excited.  EEEK!

Advertisements