Advertisement

Author Topic: Hmong Green vs. Hmong White  (Read 22894 times)

TheAfterLife

Hmong Green vs. Hmong White
« on: February 13, 2013, 01:46:27 PM »
Have they ever fought each other in a war during the ancient times of China or before China?

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

Offline Reporter

• Administrator
  • Pey-Pey and NiNi's 1st Snow Kid.
  • Respect: +562
    • View Profile
Re: Hmong Green vs. Hmong White
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2013, 07:13:57 PM »
No. There's no written or oral record of such thing.

I think the Hmong have been divided among ourselves, even within clans and families, because of our religious affiliations and even lack of open-mindedness in the past. But we have never fought ourselves in a revolutionary war or war for territories.

"...
The snooping eye sees everything."--Ono No Komachi, Japanese Poetess (emphasis)

jtenz0

« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2013, 12:50:26 PM »
I've heard many of the elders say that, "All Hmong people were Green at one time"? Anyone got any other input on this?

PebHmoobUnited

« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2013, 12:55:41 PM »
There was ONLY one HMOOB xwb....the dialects never was an issue...it was those OUTSIDERS that seek to divide us that have succeeded in dividing not by linguistics differences, but by our own stupidity to support one another to defend our freedom/land and a self-governing people!

night912

« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2013, 09:18:17 PM »
There isn't a lot of hmong green if any left. People get green confused with hmong leng.

Wi_sweetguy

« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2013, 11:48:05 AM »
hmong white and green is like American north and southern dialect or American english and British english. Same people with two different dialect.

night912

« Reply #6 on: February 17, 2013, 10:43:52 PM »
hmong white and green is like American north and southern dialect or American english and British english. Same people with two different dialect.

Don't you mean hmong leng and hmong white.

night912

« Reply #7 on: February 21, 2013, 10:03:36 PM »
It's green in the way I was taught.

That is considered an insult for some hmong leng.

hmoobconan

« Reply #8 on: March 05, 2013, 04:38:35 PM »
Hey, blame the culture that is changing, not me...

That's a typical attribute that many White Hmongs tend to have. Ignorance.

Btw, what is the reason or the way how you were taught that turned Hmong Leng into Hmong Green?
Don't tell me it's because of what we wear. lol

night912

« Reply #9 on: March 08, 2013, 12:34:42 AM »
Hey, blame the culture that is changing, not me...

Doesn't matter on the changing of the culture, to that particular person it's still offensive. It's the same as a Laotian calls a Hmong from the US "meo". That means nothing to that person. But call a Hmong from Laos that and it's considered offensive to that person.

night912

« Reply #10 on: March 08, 2013, 01:00:40 AM »
No, we will change it into Hmong rather than Miao. The Miao shall be no more since we want some respect to which I agree with you; however, what does this have to do by just asking permission from China to let us name our OWN country, without any racial terms?

You lost me there with China and country.

night912

« Reply #11 on: March 09, 2013, 04:47:31 PM »
What I am saying is that the Chinese have no rights to force us to be Chinese, but I would rather have them called me, "Hmong" rather than Chinese or Miao. That's what I am saying. However, we must agree that we have to be in their united kingdom, or else all hell breaks loose. That's my point.

I think you're in the wrong thread.

zina

« Reply #12 on: April 23, 2013, 01:14:44 AM »
http://www.asiafinest.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=293504

Look at the DNA.... Green Hmong would be Yunan Hmong.   Interesting ...  It could be why Hmong Leng (Mong) are so sensitive on this subject.  Another thing... when you see Mong..  it means Hmong Leng.  It does not include White Hmong.

« Last Edit: April 23, 2013, 01:20:40 AM by zina »

Rani

« Reply #13 on: May 15, 2013, 01:16:51 PM »
I don't believe they are such historical stories involving white and green Hmong....

TubMTT

« Reply #14 on: September 21, 2013, 12:44:36 AM »
Have they ever fought each other in a war during the ancient times of China or before China?

Tsi muaj Moob Green.  Moob Blue xwb.  Yog cov laug muab dlaim tab ntaub maaj rau nkaaj kuam ntsuab es zoo xaw cov tswv hab cov nplai tab.  Tabsis, tsuas xaw cov nplai hab tswv rua tug taab xwb. Yaav sau npuas dluav tseem yog Nkaaj ntsuab.  Tes cov laug pheej hu ua Moob Ntsuab. 

Moob dlawb (Hmong White) yog dlaim tab ntaub maaj dlawb.  Cas le muab caws es naav xwb. Tsi muab rau nkaaj.  Naav dlaim dlawb paug...zoo le naaj nub nuav mej pum.  Cov laug txhajle hu ua Moob Dlawb.

Moob Leeg mas yog has le kws kuv sau nuav.  Has cov lug Moob dlawb, mas yog nyav hloov tomqaab nuav xwb. Raws le cov laug has.  Tsimuaj ntaub ntawv teev tseg tes peb tsipaub qhov tseeb.

Thaum ub, teb chaws tsitau muaj Vaajpov hab tsi ua tsuv rog.  Moob Leeg nyob moobleeg le zog, yeej tsi muaj ib tug los ib yig Moob Dlawb txuam. 

Hos, lub zog twg yog Moob Dlawb tes, Moob Dlawb nkaus xwb, yeej tsi muaj Moob Leeg txuam. 

Thaum ub, Moobleeg hab Moobdlawb yeej tsi sibyuav. Hab muaj2 sib thuam.  Tobqaab kws tebchaw ua tsuv uarog, Moobleeg hab Moobdlawb lug nyob ua ke.  Txhajle sibyuav lawm xwb.

Advertisements