Advertisement

Author Topic: So i just ordered this lens..  (Read 1924 times)

Offline Toua

• Sr. Poster
  • Respect: +43
    • View Profile
So i just ordered this lens..
« on: June 25, 2013, 06:04:38 PM »
sigma 70-200  f/2.8 OS for my nikon D5100. Newest version. $1300. Can't wait to get it.

I'm no pro or anything. Just need a good glass for those low light shots such as early bass fishing. A picture of the bass splashing after getting hooked will be ducking awesome.. i have a decent 55-200mm F/3.5-5.6, but too slow in low light. Will do fine with a lot of light, but by then, fish won't be hitting as often anymore.

This lens could be an all around lens too esp. for portraits. I wanted a used nikon version VRI, but hate used electronics and it cost the same. Wanted the VRII version, but $2200 for it isn't worth it.

« Last Edit: June 25, 2013, 06:08:43 PM by Toua »

Like this post: 0
Never risk your life for those who will not do the same...

Adverstisement

Offline Im a Guy

• Jr. Poster
  • if u cont to do wat ur doing U will never get rich
  • Respect: +27
    • View Profile
    • Von.Yaj
Re: So i just ordered this lens..
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2013, 09:37:30 PM »
Sigma. wow, expensive. You should at least invest it on the D7100 as I heard it was a better on the low light condition as it equiped with a different sensor (  heard it use the same sensor as the D3200, sony ) and doesn't have the OLPF filter from the lower D series or esle go full frame like the D600. I tempted to get the D600 but let see if the D7100 have any problem first so if I happen to return that with the D5200 then I can get it...  >:D

I also bought the D5200. Didn't meet my expectation so I have to sent it back. While taking video, the screen would glitch and pausing. Picture would be blurry but a guy want me to bring it to him so he can test to see if it was just the len or the body but decided just to sent it back... Well, I just bought the D7100 and should arrived on Thursday. I let you know how it flow... It also came with the nikkor 18-105mm VR if I remember which one. I also got the 35mm 1.8G as I was told that it was good in low light but I tested it on the D5200, in the darker area it is grainy with some line but with light source, it work wonderful.

« Last Edit: June 26, 2013, 11:42:24 PM by Im a Guy »

" YOUR GOVERMENT IS SELLING YOUR CHILDREN DRUGS, AND YOU DON'T SEEM TO CARE. YOUR OWN GOVERMENT HAS GIVEN AWAY THE POWER OF THE PEOPLE AND YOU DON'T SEEM TO CARE. WE ARE TRULY NOW A NATION OF SHEEP, AND LADIES AND GENTLEMEN. I ASSURE YOU THAT SHEEP ARE ALWAYS LED TO SLAUGHTER. "

milton william

Rani

« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2013, 10:11:19 PM »
Everyone who owns a Nikon DSLR should have the Nikon 35mm f/1.8g lens. It's inexpensive and perfect for indoor or low light outdoor pictures. It is sharp and the bokeh is nice too.

Offline Im a Guy

• Jr. Poster
  • if u cont to do wat ur doing U will never get rich
  • Respect: +27
    • View Profile
    • Von.Yaj
« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2013, 03:45:00 PM »
That what FroKnowsPhotos ss said... Smell like ham, LOL!!!

The 35mm 1.8G are a o.k. len. I am looking into the 50mm 1.4g, either the nikkor or Zeiss.

« Last Edit: July 06, 2013, 12:06:00 AM by Im a Guy »

" YOUR GOVERMENT IS SELLING YOUR CHILDREN DRUGS, AND YOU DON'T SEEM TO CARE. YOUR OWN GOVERMENT HAS GIVEN AWAY THE POWER OF THE PEOPLE AND YOU DON'T SEEM TO CARE. WE ARE TRULY NOW A NATION OF SHEEP, AND LADIES AND GENTLEMEN. I ASSURE YOU THAT SHEEP ARE ALWAYS LED TO SLAUGHTER. "

milton william

Rani

« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2013, 06:23:35 PM »
That what FroKnowsPhotos ss said... Smell like ham, LOL!!!

The 35mm 1.8G are a o.k. len. I am looking into the 50mm 1.4g, either the nikkor or Zeiss.

Really? How funny! I'm suggesting because I own one and I'm loving it so far. I like the Nikon 50mm 1.4g too. But I'm kind of leaning towards the 50mm 1.4d because my camera have its own internal focusing motor and because its half the price of the 1.4g.

Advertisements