Advertisement

Author Topic: Rasberry Pi  (Read 1058 times)

Offline thePoster

• Elite Poster
  • Respect: +299
    • View Profile
Rasberry Pi
« on: June 30, 2013, 01:27:42 PM »
Thats a cool little 25-35 dollar computer,  think of all the applications, sure you could use a regular computer to do stuff but a portable little computer you can hook up to anything and have it do things?  That's just awesome.

The other week when I was in FL fishing, we had baitfish, salt water baitfish, one of the problems for the baitfish is if we get to far inland then the baitfish would start dying becuase the water was too fresh.  Then we was talking about how someone should make a saltwater/freshwater notifier machine.  You could do this with that little computer.  Just mount it on the boat with a sensor and speaker and make it talk saying "Hey! It's too salty, the baitfishes are going to die!"

Like this post: 0
I went through all 15k posts and those 2 quotes I found were the only ones so I guess that would make it "everytime".  Feel free to go through all 15k posts and verify by quoting them all.  You need to quote them all to verifying prove "everytime".   Please verify that Im wrong.

Adverstisement

Offline Risingstars

• PH Regular
  • Respect: +26
    • View Profile
Re: Rasberry Pi
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2013, 10:35:10 AM »
LOL...You can program Linux on there, but I don't think Windows would work. If I have the time to program Linux, I would buy a Raspberry Pi.

"Noj zaub yuav rau roj, ua neeg nyob yuav tsum ua siab loj"

Redemption

« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2013, 12:58:00 PM »
I have one, and it's pretty nice. I haven't gotten around to programming anything for it, but I am using it as an xmbc media center at the moment. It plays 1080p videos perfectly! So, not only can it be a linux computer, it can be a media center... all for less than $50. It's awesome!

Offline Risingstars

• PH Regular
  • Respect: +26
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2013, 11:50:47 AM »
Gonna get this for christmas and program while on Christmas break.

"Noj zaub yuav rau roj, ua neeg nyob yuav tsum ua siab loj"

Advertisements