Advertisement

Author Topic: Music and personality  (Read 3177 times)

Luther

Music and personality
« on: August 16, 2013, 04:46:06 PM »
Can you tell what type of a person is by the majority of the genre music that they listen to?  Like for example, I love electronic and alternative rock above all others :)

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

Offline lilly

• Sr. Poster
  • Be happy!
  • Respect: +524
    • View Profile
Re: Music and personality
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2013, 05:10:41 PM »
If someone only likes one type of music genre then maybe.  But if they like all types of music then not really.

Luther

« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2013, 05:26:39 PM »
If someone only likes one type of music genre then maybe.  But if they like all types of music then not really.

what is your favorite genre of music :)

gwenhyfara

« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2013, 12:48:41 PM »
Can you tell what type of a person is by the majority of the genre music that they listen to?  Like for example, I love electronic and alternative rock above all others :)

Based on those two genres I would say you're in your late 30s to early 40s, you're old fashioned, traditional, and you secretly yearn for your youth.

Offline Gracified23

• Sr. Poster
  • Respect: +59
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2013, 04:40:55 PM »
I knob my head when I listen to electronic and trap music. When I listen to romantic stuff I get emo. I guess you can say I have different personalities when I listen to different music. That's me. I listen to all type of music except heavy metal. 

Luther

« Reply #5 on: August 19, 2013, 04:13:05 PM »
Based on those two genres I would say you're in your late 30s to early 40s, you're old fashioned, traditional, and you secretly yearn for your youth.

lmao...you're dead on target :2funny:

supadupac

« Reply #6 on: August 20, 2013, 07:28:05 AM »
sometimes, like if they listen to only a strict genre but most people these days listen to everything, so i'd say you can more tell what there mood is like thenw hat theire personality is like

Offline DuMa

• Elite Poster
  • -(>^_^<)- 052806
  • Respect: +742
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 20, 2013, 05:26:16 PM »
If they hip hop, they are ghetto but being ghetto does not mean for one being poor.

edm are for the hyper kids.  I love driving with no one on the road, in the middle of the night and blasting my edm stuff.  It makes driving fun like I am in a video game. 

X_____________ ______________ ______________ ___

Luther

« Reply #8 on: August 21, 2013, 04:00:25 PM »
I enjoy EDM for the music. Sometimes you don't need words and lyrics. You can put in your own thoughts/feelings into a song and make it your own :)

r3b1rth

« Reply #9 on: September 05, 2013, 11:38:49 PM »
I think it also goes two ways; Influence from others (kids listening to their older sibling's music/popular music) and subconciously.

A few years ago, I used to listen to hopeless romantic stuff, and my co-worker asked me if I was sad over something. I said, "No~ what makes you think that. I just like the beat of the music."

The truth was... maybe I was subconciously? I listened to Shania Twain "From this Moment" and "You're still the one". I was in a relationship and um wanted to get married. So yeah. Makes sense. Lol.

And then sometimes you listen to a song because you like the rhythm and beat. For example when you're a kid, you think you know what the song is talking about and you like it because it's so cool, sounds good to the ears. Then you listen to it later as an adult and some of that shit is like, WTF why were we listening to that stuff as kids.. we don't even know the half of it.

The song "Genie in a Bottle" by Christina Aguilera for example. I liked it growing up. All I remember is "I'm a genie in a bottle, oh oh oh oh ohhhhh". Now I hear... "I'm a genie in a bottle, you gotta rub me the right way... you gotta make a BIG impression, gotta like what chou do~". Now that I am an adult, the song has a different message. ;D

SugaLipz

« Reply #10 on: October 24, 2013, 03:31:58 PM »
If they hip hop, they are ghetto but being ghetto does not mean for one being poor.

edm are for the hyper kids.  I love driving with no one on the road, in the middle of the night and blasting my edm stuff.  It makes driving fun like I am in a video game.

I like Hip hop and RnB, I would never consider myself ghetto and I like my music blasting too...LMAO

zena

« Reply #11 on: October 24, 2013, 04:23:01 PM »
I do think music and personality do work together.

I love music in general and like all genres but lately I've been into epic music.  Trance and indie are right behind.  I've always been into music that had a bit of epicness to them.  For instance, I'm mostly drawn to Ryan Farish's songs with am epic feel to them ("Sing to You" was what got me hooked on him) even though he isn't an epic composer, there's a bit of it in some of his stuff.  His last album, Bloom, has that epic feel too.

When I was in high school (about 20 years ago!), I would listen to this one tape over and over again where the base was so awesome (or so I thought) with some epicness to it.  If I could remember what those songs were called, I'd youtube them and post them.  Hope I can find them someday.

I'm drawn to music with an epic feel because I love to imagine things outside of reality...thin gs like life after an apocalypse, new worlds, underworlds, parallel worlds, etc.  Just worlds outside of earth with advance technology, etc.  It's my way of dealing with reality and a tool I've learned to utilized to my advantage growing up so that I can escape the hardships of things that were difficult to understand or deal with.  It's become a part of me.

« Last Edit: October 24, 2013, 04:38:38 PM by moonangel »

bruisedknee

« Reply #12 on: December 08, 2013, 01:55:21 PM »
can be hard to tell

ppl listen to diff music when they're in diff moods/modes

i mainly listen to country, rock, a little pop, 80s newwave, 90s alternative, some gangsta rap, lotsa 90s-00s trance/breaks, wee bit of classical

only thing i can't really get into is jazz, just doesn't do anything for me

and i can't stand dubstep...ugh

« Last Edit: December 08, 2013, 01:58:05 PM by bruisedknee »

Advertisements