Advertisement

Author Topic: Show us your playing skills  (Read 3307 times)

Offline Gracified23

• Sr. Poster
  • Respect: +59
    • View Profile
Show us your playing skills
« on: September 04, 2013, 04:16:28 PM »
Show us your skills...wheth er it be guitar, piano, a beat you made etc.. lets see how good you are. We will comment and give critique on your arrangement, song structure, sound selection, your mixing, everything.. to improve your production.

You must upload a short demo of you playing with some mistakes in it if you are playing with live instruments. Or if you have Youtube that will be better.

Your demo or song doesn't have to be long.

Post away!

« Last Edit: September 04, 2013, 06:26:02 PM by Gracified23 »

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

Offline Gracified23

• Sr. Poster
    • View Profile
Re: Show us your playing skills
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2013, 06:10:43 PM »
Post post.

« Last Edit: September 05, 2013, 09:19:35 AM by Gracified23 »

r3b1rth

« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2013, 09:29:24 PM »
It will be interesting if anyone posts at all with all the self proclaimed certified critics of PebHmong forum. I play guitar but I am only a hobbyist. It'd be nice for you to show us an example and post if you start the topic, just sayin'.

PRINCESS.

« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2013, 09:34:37 PM »
I'm pretty pro at the triangle..  :)

Offline Gracified23

• Sr. Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2013, 11:16:17 PM »
It will be interesting if anyone posts at all with all the self proclaimed certified critics of PebHmong forum. I play guitar but I am only a hobbyist. It'd be nice for you to show us an example and post if you start the topic, just sayin'.

I understand. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. The point of this thread is to help people what they're doing wrong, or if it's good or not. I'm not an engineer but I have mix my own stuff for a while now. I learn it so much to the point that I know when something is right and what's not right. I still have a lot to grow.

I don't play every instrument out there so I can't give a critique on all of them. My focus is more on production and mixing. If others know something that you don't know.. then they can tell you. If you know something they don't know.. then you tell them. For the most part I will be the one giving critique on production and mixing. If anybody have other knowledge feel free to share it here.

r3b1rth

« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2013, 11:44:44 PM »
I can definitely respect that. It'd be nice to hear some of your mix tapes. If you can explain how and why you made your music, what kind of influence you had, it will be good to learn, teach and share with each other. 

Offline Gracified23

• Sr. Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 05, 2013, 11:46:15 PM »

« Last Edit: September 26, 2013, 07:58:40 PM by Gracified23 »

Offline Gracified23

• Sr. Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 05, 2013, 11:56:27 PM »
I can definitely respect that. It'd be nice to hear some of your mix tapes. If you can explain how and why you made your music, what kind of influence you had, it will be good to learn, teach and share with each other. 

Hmm well, I always love trance when I was a kid. Been hanging around vietnamese people.. starting to wear flare and caprice.. got into break dancing.. went to club.. got into djing.. got into producing with some friends.. so here I am.  :2funny:

My goal now is to get into composing. Also I'm not a pro at mixing or anything. What I do know is that the performance have to be right. Try out different variations to see what sound good. I know a friend that lives near me he's really great at mixing. He just got signed into a label and started producing for them. I need to step my game up cuz I stop producing for a long time and just recently got back into it again.

r3b1rth

« Reply #8 on: September 06, 2013, 01:36:39 AM »
Hmm well, I always love trance when I was a kid. Been hanging around vietnamese people.. starting to wear flare and caprice.. got into break dancing.. went to club.. got into djing.. got into producing with some friends.. so here I am.  :2funny:

My goal now is to get into composing. Also I'm not a pro at mixing or anything. What I do know is that the performance have to be right. Try out different variations to see what sound good. I know a friend that lives near me he's really great at mixing. He just got signed into a label and started producing for them. I need to step my game up cuz I stop producing for a long time and just recently got back into it again.

Nice. I listened to your beat. I'm by no means a good judge for it since I listen to a different types of music and I'm not sure what to listen for other than comparing it to other trance songs. I think you've definitely got skills so you should keep producing and keep pumping out the demo's at least one weekly. If you set the bar high and it seems like you did, then I have no doubt you will start producing really good tracks within 3+ months. I like music so I will listen to them. Hopefully someone who has more of an ear for trance will give you better critiques.

Offline Gracified23

• Sr. Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 06, 2013, 07:06:25 PM »
Nice. I listened to your beat. I'm by no means a good judge for it since I listen to a different types of music and I'm not sure what to listen for other than comparing it to other trance songs. I think you've definitely got skills so you should keep producing and keep pumping out the demo's at least one weekly. If you set the bar high and it seems like you did, then I have no doubt you will start producing really good tracks within 3+ months. I like music so I will listen to them. Hopefully someone who has more of an ear for trance will give you better critiques.

I remember those breakbeats I used to listen to way back in the 90's. Dj Babyboy, Tinman, Trippy. That was the shit. Azn breaks is dead now. Nobody make them anymore. Most of them guys produce other genre stuff now. I make breakbeat too. I have actually talk some of those djs before in real person. In fact, I got some secrets from those guys way back then.

yuknowthat

« Reply #10 on: September 10, 2013, 10:25:20 AM »
I've played when i felt like it....it takes awhile to gain all the skills back...getting into the motion

Offline Gracified23

• Sr. Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 10, 2013, 05:54:02 PM »
I've played when i felt like it....it takes awhile to gain all the skills back...getting into the motion

No problem. If you can do a little tease that's fine too.

Advertisements