Advertisement

Author Topic: Long Time Ago  (Read 8268 times)

Offline floaty

• PH Regular
  • Respect: +26
    • View Profile
Re: Long Time Ago
« Reply #15 on: October 10, 2013, 02:28:08 AM »
The bike story, that's some luck there.

The baby story, same. 

Thanks for sharing.  I can clearly see the karma in these.

yw.  :)

Like this post: 0
"You drown not by falling into the water, but by staying submerged in it."

Adverstisement

Offline floaty

• PH Regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 10, 2013, 02:31:40 AM »
Long time ago, my blanket was everything to me. It kept me safe, from ghosts, goblins, boogey man, robbers and all things creepy. I wish it was still true...

Offline floaty

• PH Regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 20, 2013, 07:18:36 PM »
Long time ago, I thought I was right. Everything in place, perfect. I put my all in - 100%. Those years I sweated through to make it solid. Those fight to hold it tight. I worked for it. I know I did. I was confident, comfortable and content. Like a dream...it vanished.
Today, I wish I was back in those years, when I was so sure. Now I'm back to square one. Not satisfied. Back to the bottom.  :'( Wish I could turn back the hands of time back to a long time ago...so I won't make the same mistake twice.

Offline floaty

• PH Regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 22, 2014, 04:48:19 AM »
Puab thaum ub, kuv tseem nyob nrug mej. kuv tseem ncu nroob mej txuj kev hlub pub rau kuv. Caag le npau suab xwb, peb luj tag mus ua peb lub neej, lus ncu lig txuj mej...kuv nam haab kuv txiv.
Long time ago, when sickness creeped upon my young soul, you were there; to brush it away. You were there, alongside, with the best rice porridge to cure the weakend body. In your soft voice, you would ask "Lady, are you feeling better?". I would nodd, like a child and feel loved. Like a movie, it was all too soon n ended quickly.

hnubqub

« Reply #19 on: January 22, 2014, 04:13:42 PM »
your stories are bittersweet. 

Offline floaty

• PH Regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 26, 2014, 10:44:36 PM »
There was a time, I knew how it felt to fall and be in love. But it seems like it was so long ago.
My heart would race wildly. My world was yours and everything was beautiful.
The future seemed so bright to me and I couldn't wait for what tomorrow brings....my life was absolutely wonderful.

But short lived, it came crashing...slo wly diminishing these fake feelings of happiness.
It was stuffy. It was dull. It drained me until my world became dark. Exhausting.
Waking up, doing the same routine every year - underappreciat ed.
I don't want to continue -miserable
Love, where have you gone?

Offline floaty

• PH Regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 09, 2014, 04:19:58 AM »
Hey! I remenber you, from a long time ago. Don't be shy and come say hi.

Offline floaty

• PH Regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 21, 2014, 04:05:37 AM »
Hey saturday,
Where have you been? I miss you. Remenber when I would dance under the sun of a calm sunny saturday? Remenber when I would sweat and ache like an old lady cooking and washing dishes, chatting up a storm with the relatives? Remenber when I would hibernate until the dawn of sunday? It's been so long, saturday, since I've enjoyed you. Those days were so long ago.
Now I work and work for free, for ungrateful people, on a saturday. smh.

Offline floaty

• PH Regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 13, 2014, 03:55:37 AM »
Long time ago brother, you thought life was fun and game. You gained so much yet lost your way home. We miss you. Today, I send a song to you. I am taking you home.

« Last Edit: March 13, 2014, 04:54:12 AM by floaty »

Offline floaty

• PH Regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 13, 2014, 04:06:55 AM »
Long time ago, do you remember? I don't think you do.
Remember when you were evicted. You and your family.
What did I do? Sure, I took you all in. I never expected anything from you.
I never collected rent or any bills. Instead, I let you live comfortably. fed all of you.
I work so much that you practically had the house.
The house was always a mess, and I bit my tongue and cleaned it for yall.
Two years later, I came home and you and your little family took everything. Wow, was I in for a rude awakening.
But I bit my tongue, because you were family.
I can forgive and so I let it go.
But this year, you spoke. So ill of me. Sure, I shouldn't let it bother me. It shouldn't hurt if it isn't real, right?
Wrong. It hurts because it came from you. It hurts, because it's lies that you made up and made everyone believe.
It hurts because I never wronged you. If I knew the true you then,
Long time ago, I would have never helped you. Long time ago, I would have never welcomed you into my home. I would have never save you.

minorcharacter

« Reply #25 on: March 13, 2014, 08:36:38 AM »
I like your stories, do you mind if we share?
A long time ago we would sit under the stars and reach for them.  As every constellation died the twilight of dawn would break the night sky.  Your eyes would glisten under the sun barely wake as I had watched you all night.  Now all remains are memories of a fleeting youth; a time a place that I cannot return to.  All these years were traded in an instant, and happily ever after never happened.

minorcharacter

« Reply #26 on: March 13, 2014, 08:40:26 AM »
A long time ago we used to fight we used to scream and in the end we'd all forgive each other.  I remember when I fell and cracked my head you were all there to hold my hand.  Remember when mom and dad almost got divorced we all stayed up and cried with mom?  Now we're all separated by hundreds of miles barely seeing each other once a year.  When's the last time we all sat down as a whole family? 

Offline floaty

• PH Regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 14, 2014, 01:45:01 AM »
I like your stories, do you mind if we share?
A long time ago we would sit under the stars and reach for them.  As every constellation died the twilight of dawn would break the night sky.  Your eyes would glisten under the sun barely wake as I had watched you all night.  Now all remains are memories of a fleeting youth; a time a place that I cannot return to.  All these years were traded in an instant, and happily ever after never happened.

You're more than welcomed to share your stories. :)

I still believe there is still a happily ever after..

A long time ago we used to fight we used to scream and in the end we'd all forgive each other.  I remember when I fell and cracked my head you were all there to hold my hand.  Remember when mom and dad almost got divorced we all stayed up and cried with mom?  Now we're all separated by hundreds of miles barely seeing each other once a year.  When's the last time we all sat down as a whole family? 

Whoa! Are you a sibling of mines?  ???

minorcharacter

« Reply #28 on: March 31, 2014, 03:13:39 PM »
A long time ago before I moved out you asked me if I was going to attend college.  If not then you wanted me to just get married and start a family.  It was rather cruel of you to insinuate that I was going to be an academic failure even before I tried.  I dyed my hair, got my ear pierced, started smoking, and started drinking because all my life all I ever wanted was to do something to get your attention. 

Uncle says you talk a lot about me and the rest of my siblings.  How you're proud that we've all made it to or through college and that we're all capable and independent.  He tells me the joy on your face when you talk about how much I make and how I send money home every month.  He tells me he looks forward to all the cars I will buy, the wife I will marry, and the home I will build.

Seems we don't talk much anymore these days.  You were always looking forward to seeing your oldest son get married, but my girlfriend and I broke up a while ago.  All you seem to do is ask about her and if I've called anyone else.  Seems all they do is ask about her as well.  I can't seem to find the words to say and that's why I don't pick up at all.  I don't even know how to explain why I don't pick up and that just adds to another missed call.  I'll be home soon, mom.

Wi_sweetguy

« Reply #29 on: April 02, 2014, 07:09:16 PM »
A long time ago before I moved out you asked me if I was going to attend college.  If not then you wanted me to just get married and start a family.  It was rather cruel of you to insinuate that I was going to be an academic failure even before I tried.  I dyed my hair, got my ear pierced, started smoking, and started drinking because all my life all I ever wanted was to do something to get your attention. 

Uncle says you talk a lot about me and the rest of my siblings.  How you're proud that we've all made it to or through college and that we're all capable and independent.  He tells me the joy on your face when you talk about how much I make and how I send money home every month.  He tells me he looks forward to all the cars I will buy, the wife I will marry, and the home I will build.

Seems we don't talk much anymore these days.  You were always looking forward to seeing your oldest son get married, but my girlfriend and I broke up a while ago.  All you seem to do is ask about her and if I've called anyone else.  Seems all they do is ask about her as well.  I can't seem to find the words to say and that's why I don't pick up at all.  I don't even know how to explain why I don't pick up and that just adds to another missed call.  I'll be home soon, mom.

;)

Advertisements