Advertisement

Author Topic: Long Time Ago  (Read 8277 times)

Offline floaty

• PH Regular
  • Respect: +26
    • View Profile
Long Time Ago
« on: September 10, 2013, 07:05:26 PM »
Long time ago, In a new town that I was not accustomed to, I helped these two elderly hmong couple whom I did not know; that were kicked out of their house. I saw them walking and crying along a busy road and picked them up. My heart ached for them. I sent them home and almost died that day. But I did what I'm sure most of you would have done. It has been 10 years. I wonder how they are doing. If they have passed on, I'm sure they're much happier than they were before in that rotten family of theirs. If not, I hope they are doing well. I think of them from time to time. It's been such a long time ago.

Like this post: 0
"You drown not by falling into the water, but by staying submerged in it."

Adverstisement

Offline floaty

• PH Regular
    • View Profile
Re: Long Time Ago
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2013, 07:13:11 PM »
Long time ago, we were the best of friends. We knew each other for so long. Talked beneath the sky and laughed with the moon. Played with the sun and dreamed like the stars. In my heart, I heard it skip a few times before but we were just friends and so we laughed like we always did. How did I not know you cared and loved me? Why didn't you have the courage to tell me? We grew up. You went your way and I went mines. I read stories of you and you hear news of me. But we're just friends so we'll just laugh at it and smile. Because all it really was, was a long time ago.

Offline floaty

• PH Regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2013, 10:00:37 PM »
Long time ago, our eyes met. It was as if we knew each other. Through your aged eyes you smiled and you slightly nodded. I sat there, with food stuck in my mouth and tears streaming down my face. You stood up, your body moved towards me. But Uncle sat you back down to drink. You were from MN, I heard. Your face was as white as the snow and you were as tall as the sky. You had a name I did not know. But I'm glad you came for my grandpa's funeral. You resemble someone from here, this forum of masked identity. Although we didn't talk and our meet was brief, I would love to see you again. If only just for a moment, I would love to hear, all the aged adventures you would share; of a long time ago.

Offline floaty

• PH Regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2013, 03:15:18 AM »
Long time ago, I had everything. Little did I know, you can lose it in just a second. Life happened. I lost. A long time ago.

supadupac

« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2013, 08:07:50 AM »
this trhead, makes me sad :( but keep sharing :)

Offline floaty

• PH Regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 12, 2013, 12:48:04 PM »
this trhead, makes me sad :( but keep sharing :)

sorry

Offline floaty

• PH Regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 12, 2013, 12:58:51 PM »
Long time ago, we were so poor. Licking small pieces of sugar cane with rice in water was the best meal we had. Dad worked two jobs and mom went to school. Sometimes ginger with salt was in the menu. Brother, sister and I would huddle around the floor and eat. The best feeling in the world with family. Fast forward 25 plus years, we are all over the world trying to grow money on tree. I miss this moment most, of a long time ago.

Offline floaty

• PH Regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 12, 2013, 01:15:43 PM »
Long time ago, since I didn't have money to buy you anything, I made you paper cut out dolls with paper cut-out clothes. We were so young, but I was your oldest sister and wanted you to be happy. Do you remember after we fought, I made paper dolls for myself and colored it so nice? You sat across from me, watching me do so, waiting and wanting to play with it. But in anger, I played it right in front of you, teasing you. You sat there teary eyed with fingernail marks on your arm. Sorry I pinched you. I gave you the cut-out dolls and told you, I will draw more clothes for her. You smiled so wide and even forgot that your arm was hurting. You told me I was the best. I got everything nice and passed it down to you. Sorry for that too. We're all grown now, with life far apart from each other. Scars settled and wrinkles creeping in, although we never think alike - You still tell me, I'm the best sister ever. You are too. Thank you from a long time ago.

Offline floaty

• PH Regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 12, 2013, 10:42:12 PM »
Long time ago, when we were just little kids, we would grab cardboard boxes and hike all the way up to the top of a canyon. You told me that Magic Mountain was just a short fall below. With my dress tucked into my pants, I climbed up with you brothers. I laid the cardboard down just like how I see you do it. I sat on it and with a big push, caught air going down the canyon. My flip flop flying above. I hear you screaming down and right pass me. Your voice echoing excitement. This was surely Magic Mountain. I ended up with many cuts, but all worth it. Now I can't even do as much, like I did, a long time ago.

Offline floaty

• PH Regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 19, 2013, 04:04:24 AM »
Long time ago, I carried you on my back, my dear little sister. I see pictures of you and my tears gently fall. You were the cutest little girl ever, with dimples right underneath your eyes. It twinkled you know. Aww. I was just a grade school kid too, but I took care of you like you were mines. Every time you cried, I would run to the fridge and get you milk. You would lay on my back, holding my shirt, while I was doing homework, until you fell asleep. Sweet child. Remember that time when we ran out of milk, I didn't have money, so I added water so that you can have enough? Sorry. I didn't know you would have a stomach ache. But you did well and grew up beautifully. I hear sad news. 
You have stomach issues now and I think of a long time ago.

Offline floaty

• PH Regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 19, 2013, 04:23:39 AM »
Long time ago, I used to sleep undisturbed. Thoughts didn't run a hundred mph in my head. Age has settled in. I didn't need music then, to sleep, but here I am...

Offline floaty

• PH Regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 25, 2013, 06:44:17 AM »
Random: Sharing a song that moves me.

« Last Edit: September 25, 2013, 01:09:43 PM by floaty »

Offline floaty

• PH Regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 06, 2013, 03:10:48 AM »
Long time ago, In the midst of the dark in an isolated road, you sped away and left me
trailing behind in my old gsxr. I could see your neon sticker on your helmet flickering. Strange, how I didn't see
that before. I admit I wasn't too fond of riding in the dark. It always scared me because I couldn't see so well at night. But tonight, I was alone. Your tail light disappeared over the mountain and anxiety set in.
This road was a road known to many as a dead stop. I didn't want to see anything out of the ordinary.

Trying to catch up, I leaned in hard, hitting the apex, rolling the throttle as I came out of the blinding corner.
I could feel the cool air through my thin jacket and bugs hitting my helmet with a splat splat. Then all of a sudden, my tires wobbled underneath me and I flew. Puff of smoke, dust and dirt. Then all quiet.

I laid there, scared - shocked , thinking no one will ever find me now. How I hated you so much for leaving me behind. How I wish I would have never started this venture long time ago.
I slowly got up, jeans ripped, helmet scratched, no broken bones. Minor scratch on bike. God is Good.

There you stood "Hey, you alright?" you asked. I screamed all sort at you.
"Calm down, You took off right after you got gas at the 76. I tried catching up to you. But you were gone. I was
wondering what you were following, thought maybe you were just leading and then this happened." You said. I huffed,
"You were in front of me". You shook your head no and assured me no one was ahead of me.

We rode back together, not another word exchanged. Focused. 5 miles down the mountain, there were ambulance, sheriffs and a tow truck there. Another motorcyclist. This time - deceased. The accident occurred 3 hours earlier.
It was a motorcyclist with the same neon sticker on the helmet flickering. But I was just following him, not less than an hour before.
Strange how things are. This was the last time on this road of a long time ago.

« Last Edit: October 06, 2013, 03:13:07 AM by floaty »

Offline floaty

• PH Regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 06, 2013, 03:27:55 AM »
Long time ago, I did my duties as your older sibling and babysat you. It was barely just 15 minutes after mom had left for work. Dad would be home in an hour and grandma was a little late. You sat there in your stroller and cried. I checked you to see if you were wet, or if you were hungry, but you weren't. I got you milk, but you threw it on the floor. I didn't know what to do. I was only 10. You were so small. A baby. So I did the stupidest thing ever. It was such a hot day, maybe you would like some ice. I broke it into little pieces as much as I could and fed you. You stopped crying. I gave you more. This was certainly the answer I thought. When I ran out, you cried. So I ran and crushed more ice. I pushed one into your mouth. Then turned away. Minutes later, you turned blue. Choking. The siblings all quiet down. Everyone scared. I panic. What to do? What to do? I am dead meat! I grabbed you from the stroller and leaned you forward, forced my finger into your mouth and swept your throat. Nothing. Your body became limp. I trembled in fear and hit you in the back, there a piece of ice fell out. The other sibling grabbed you and hugged you as your face color changed to red and you cried your head off. I was so scared. I still regret I did that to you. I didn't mean to. I am glad you are alive and well. Whew! Thank GOD. I sure did get a good whooping. But from that day on long time ago, I never fed a baby or toddler, ice.  :-X

zena

« Reply #14 on: October 06, 2013, 10:19:01 AM »
The bike story, that's some luck there.

The baby story, same. 

Thanks for sharing.  I can clearly see the karma in these.

Advertisements