Advertisement

Author Topic: @IAMMAI SKETCHBOOK  (Read 899 times)

r3b1rth

@IAMMAI SKETCHBOOK
« on: September 20, 2013, 11:39:50 AM »
How do I start?

First off, I am Mai. Last name Lauj. I was born in Ban Vinai refugee camp and grew up in the states just like many folks here. I have an "odd" sense of humor but I like it ^-^. This journal will be a random collection of my thoughts. My hope is to share my thoughts through failures, losses, gains, desires, and growth so others can see that we all go through the same ordeals.

A lot of things have been on my mind lately. In part because I'm moving soon, but never mind that. I'm not sure what this desire is and how to properly express my thoughts. As a Hmong person, I want to learn, inspire, and be part of a new and productive generation. Do you guys feel me on this? 

We have so many talented people, ideas, and desires. Even thought I am in the military (and living far away from Hmong communities) sometimes I still wonder what accomplishment s our Hmong community has achieved that has affected and shaped our people's lives. I think many people have attempted and some succeeded, but as Hmong people, we are so critical! Very harsh and judgmental. Even though I'm sharing these thoughts, I feel like I will get haters. TBH. Haters is okay :).

Someday, I wish we will see that even though we are not at the level of perfection as others in some areas... we will make it happen eventually. Progress is the key. We only have the country that we live in and it's probably impossible in our lifetime to ever have our own country. But, one can still dream. Whether you want to be a government official, olympic athlete, a doctor, lawyer, movie star, or a business owner; faith, hard work, and perseverance will put you there.

I believe that truth, love, and sharing will allow our people to grow.

Maybe out of annoyance or some ego problem, people have asked me in the past, "Why do you think like this?" and my question is, "How can I not? Am I not Hmong? I am representing whether I like it or not! I am the face of a Hmong person. I can't walk around with a mask on."

Is it so wrong to have these thoughts? ;D Don't judge me.

This is my thoughts for now. Until next time. Comments, questions? Let me know.  ;D

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

Advertisements