Advertisement

Author Topic: Hmong hunter feared Game Warden; said he would've been killed  (Read 33326 times)

PebHmoobUnited

Re: Hmong hunter feared Game Warden; said he would've been killed
« Reply #60 on: November 21, 2013, 12:37:34 PM »
If in fact, Vue did placed an illegally stand prior to hunting...the warden could've just stated the violation and written Vue a citation....an d the warden should be out of there as soon as he has written the citation.

It appeared the warden has over stepped his authority beyond just citing Vue for his violation. No hunter should be feared of a game warden like Vue's described.  In a confrontation such as Vue's sends chill through my spine.

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

Redemption

« Reply #61 on: November 21, 2013, 01:10:29 PM »
any audio recording by the warden or cop is useless. The ONLY useful of the audio is to set this racist butcher from being FIRED or DISCIPLINED!  This maniac is NOT fit to wear a badge or have the capacity to serve as a game warden.

If a hunter feared this much about his LIFE being threaten.....t here has to be some accountability on the warden's action! Sweeping it under the rug will NOT server the interest of the public or asian hunters.

You know... I am not saying who is right or wrong in this issue, but what I am saying is to not be too quick to judge. You speak as if no one has ever lied and said that a person with authority, abused their authority. What if this Hmong hunter felt really disrespected, and just wanted to get the warden in trouble? Another example in case you don't understand beyond your anger... what if a co-worker of yours felt like you totally disrespected her and accused you of sexual harassment... would it be better to judge you right away on the simple words of that co-worker, or would you want all the facts to come out first?

Yes, there are some people out there that abuse power, then there are also some people out that will lie and cheat, just to get someone in trouble.

So don't be so quick to judge.

Offline lilly

• Sr. Poster
  • Be happy!
  • Respect: +524
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: November 21, 2013, 01:34:08 PM »
any audio recording by the warden or cop is useless. The ONLY useful of the audio is to set this racist butcher from being FIRED or DISCIPLINED!  This maniac is NOT fit to wear a badge or have the capacity to serve as a game warden.

If a hunter feared this much about his LIFE being threaten.....t here has to be some accountability on the warden's action! Sweeping it under the rug will NOT server the interest of the public or asian hunters.

I agree.  The fact that the warden shook Mr. Vue to such fear (for his life), shook him to tears, poob plig tas... that says A LOT.  I would not be surprised if the warden did stay up all night and day editing his audio of what took place.  Regardless of the evidence's end result, we have Mr. Vue's account of what took place and if someone can bring a "man" to tears and to fear that much for his life... I just have to say that I give Mr. Vue more credibility than the warden.  Something needs to be done about that warden... as it sounds like this isn't the first run-in or negative confrontation he's had with Hmong hunters.

« Last Edit: November 21, 2013, 04:58:14 PM by lilly »

PebHmoobUnited

« Reply #63 on: November 21, 2013, 04:14:32 PM »
You know... I am not saying who is right or wrong in this issue, but what I am saying is to not be too quick to judge. You speak as if no one has ever lied and said that a person with authority, abused their authority. What if this Hmong hunter felt really disrespected, and just wanted to get the warden in trouble? Another example in case you don't understand beyond your anger... what if a co-worker of yours felt like you totally disrespected her and accused you of sexual harassment... would it be better to judge you right away on the simple words of that co-worker, or would you want all the facts to come out first?

Yes, there are some people out there that abuse power, then there are also some people out that will lie and cheat, just to get someone in trouble.

So don't be so quick to judge.

You speak of not judging, yet you go about speculating that Vue made this story up to get back at the warden for intimidating Vue? You and I are both not there....we heard one side of the story (VUE's side)....it points to a very disturbing incident.  I don't believe for once that an asian hunter would make up "story" to incriminate a game warden if he was properly cited and treated with respect.

The interview with VUE speaks volume of a horrific encounter with Joel Heyan where Vue feared for his life than just him violated huntign regulation.  No authority should put anyone in that position of fear!  To say, Heyan is innocent and was just doing his job...is to ignored that this incident did not happened and Vue and Heyan never met.

If Heyan is to gain the asian hunters community trust again or the DNR in general...he needs to come forward and explain his side of the story with his hand held high to GOD! 

Redemption

« Reply #64 on: November 21, 2013, 05:29:22 PM »
You speak of not judging, yet you go about speculating that Vue made this story up to get back at the warden for intimidating Vue? You and I are both not there....we heard one side of the story (VUE's side)....it points to a very disturbing incident.  I don't believe for once that an asian hunter would make up "story" to incriminate a game warden if he was properly cited and treated with respect.

Do you know the difference between judging and evaluating other sides of the story? From what we know, which isn't much, I can't make a judgement on this issue. Because the Hunter could be telling the truth, and the warden could be trying to cover it up... or the warden could be telling the truth, and the Hunter could be making it up. When I wrote what I wrote, I didn't say that's what the hunter did. I said he could have just as easily made up the story. A few of you are very narrow minded, and can only see one thing... "whites are against the hmong hunters."

The interview with VUE speaks volume of a horrific encounter with Joel Heyan where Vue feared for his life than just him violated huntign regulation.  No authority should put anyone in that position of fear!  To say, Heyan is innocent and was just doing his job...is to ignored that this incident did not happened and Vue and Heyan never met.

If Heyan is to gain the asian hunters community trust again or the DNR in general...he needs to come forward and explain his side of the story with his hand held high to GOD!

There have been many cases where people accuse other people of wrong doing... they call the cops on them, they take them to court, they cry and  get emotional... and yet, it can still be nothing but lies. Even murderers can cry and claim to be innocent, and raise their hand to heaven and pretend that they aren't guilty. People can and will do anything when things aren't going their way.

To say that the warden is guilty, just from the hunter's words, is to ignore the fact that everyone is innocent until proven guilty. In your argument, what you're saying is that just because they met, that it had to of happened? I'm not defending the warden or the hunter, I'm just making sure you narrow minded people see that there are always two sides to a story. And if there really is an audio recording, and the dnr says that he acted correctly, then guess what? The warden has proof beyond his words, and the hunter only has his words. Not a strong case.

Finest

« Reply #65 on: November 21, 2013, 09:10:16 PM »
I think this just reiterates the misunderstandi ng between older Hmong folks and everyone else out there.  The warden may have been just following department procedures, making sure there are no other illegally hung tree stands yet the Hmong gentleman is thinking in his mind that the warden is leading him around the woods to be killed.  I don't know so I'm not going to speculate on anything until all the facts come out in this case.  From what I overheard on the conference call last night, the Hmong gentleman has retained a lawyer and the area Hmong associations or groups are waiting to rally behind him either way. 

I don't think they're going to release the audio recording from the warden until the investigation is complete, even then they don't have to release it afterwards. 

Offline Reporter

• Administrator
  • Pey-Pey and NiNi's 1st Snow Kid.
  • Respect: +562
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: November 21, 2013, 11:15:28 PM »
I think this just reiterates the misunderstandi ng between older Hmong folks and everyone else out there.  The warden may have been just following department procedures, making sure there are no other illegally hung tree stands yet the Hmong gentleman is thinking in his mind that the warden is leading him around the woods to be killed. I don't know so I'm not going to speculate on anything until all the facts come out in this case. From what I overheard on the conference call last night, the Hmong gentleman has retained a lawyer and the area Hmong associations or groups are waiting to rally behind him either way. 

I don't think they're going to release the audio recording from the warden until the investigation is complete, even then they don't have to release it afterwards. 

O0 O0

"...
The snooping eye sees everything."--Ono No Komachi, Japanese Poetess (emphasis)

Wi_sweetguy

« Reply #67 on: November 22, 2013, 12:13:37 AM »
I didn't get a chance to listen to it until now and wow what a story.  If this story is true then the bad DNR needs to get punish.  The way the hmong guy spoke, it sounds like this DNR warden could be the killer behind the chang guy that died in the squirrel opening season.  Trust me my hmong guy, I bet this DNR warden is under investigation to see if he's connected to the hmong guy who died in opening season. 

The warden made too many mistake and I'll tell you why.  Never in my life, or any stories I have ever heard of.  The DNR warden do not go looking for deer or hunters before dawn.  Any body will know that walking in the wood is death man walking. 
Another reason is why would the warden take him walking around the forest? No DNR warden has ever taken me else where. I have been checked on the spot and it's by my car, never in the forest. 

Third, these got damned white folk take it too serious.  The reason why is because there are less hmong hunters than the white folks and why do they have to wine about it.  Be careful my hmong hunters and never come down from your tree stand if any DNR or person wants to talk to you.  There is not hurt in calling your people before talking to DNR or anybody.

Lastly, the dog who came straight to him would have been shot.  Sounds like a set up.  This story makes Chai Vang sound like a HERO.

Offline joot

• Jr. Poster
  • Lonewolf & Cub
  • Respect: +80
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: November 22, 2013, 06:22:27 AM »
Keep us all up to date on this story...

HUNG TU LO

« Reply #69 on: November 22, 2013, 01:12:43 PM »
Never in my life, or any stories I have ever heard of.  The DNR warden do not go looking for deer or hunters before dawn.  Any body will know that walking in the wood is death man walking. 
Another reason is why would the warden take him walking around the forest? No DNR warden has ever taken me else where.

DNR game wardens have the same authority as peace officers (police). As long as they are on duty, as long as it's within their jurisdiction, they can approach whomever they want and when they want. FYI, if any of you don't know yet, in order to be considered for game warden employment, you need to have the POST which is the same thing city police officers have to test.

First thing is first: the warden stated to Kong Peng the reason that he was approached that morning is because his stand was pre-installed before hunting day is illegal in Minnesota. Kong Peng even acknowledges and admits that he did have his stand up before opener. In these cases, this is how the warden issues citations. They see an illegal stand, note the location, and return at a time when the owner of the illegal stand is most likely to be present (this would be the morning of opening day).

Here's the thing. Kong Peng stated that complying with the warden and getting down from the stand, he snuck the walkie-talkie and quickly radioed his party, most likely in Hmong, that "There is someone here so I am getting off my stand." Imagine you are that warden and a Hmong person sneakily radios in a language you don't understand. What will your reaction be? Of course he is thinking "Oh shit....could he be planning to harm me with other people?"

I am going to be honest and say I would think that too, if I was a white warden and some guy I am checking up on just radios a message in a different language. It's not being racist or insensitive. It's called a dangerous line of work. Everyone you deal with has a tool for hunting which can turn into a deadly weapon in 1/60th of a second.

This is just another case of shit gone wrong because of cultural barriers and misunderstandi ngs. It sucks because this is what it turns into; accusations of racism and further misunderstandi ngs (example: Kong Peng: "...he let his dog loose so that if I shot it, he would have reason to shoot me."). The adrenaline, the fear, the unknown, just makes the shit get worse, and worse, and worse. I'm sure the warden just wished it was just a typical citation as well.

Finest

« Reply #70 on: November 22, 2013, 01:45:14 PM »
Hung To Low hit it right on the head.  Misunderstandi ng and the cultural barrier is what escalated this incident beyond a typical citation.  We've only heard from the victim's side, not the warden himself.  I'm sure the department has already launched a full internal investigation to make sure one of their own isn't abusing his authority, but at the same time they're not going to sit there and take all of these allegations lightly either.  So the department will defend themselves if they believe the warden acted properly (which is most likely the case according to the last updates I've heard from an internal source).

If the Hmong MN hunting community wants to make an example out of this warden, then please approach it with facts and valid/verified testimony that will hold up in court.  And not from stories of enraged people who were cited and have exaggerated/vengeful motives.  It's not what you say, it's what you can prove. 

Pain

« Reply #71 on: November 22, 2013, 03:03:44 PM »
Finest:  Why does your avatar make me all hot an horny?  This SIR should be illegal.  Imma sue you for sexually trickery & debauchery.  ;)  :D

« Last Edit: November 22, 2013, 03:06:26 PM by Pain »

PebHmoobUnited

« Reply #72 on: November 22, 2013, 04:45:38 PM »
that said,.....what about the verbal joel heyan accused of Peng/asian/hmong hunters as the main group of hunter that depleted the wildlife resources?  Pleases enlighten me that a warden have the RIGHT to accused anyone group of such? Where are his facts? What about the BRIDE Joel tried to talk Peng into after the initial incident?

Can you "EXPERTISE" give us some insight in this?

ua tsaug.

Redemption

« Reply #73 on: November 22, 2013, 09:25:33 PM »
that said,.....what about the verbal joel heyan accused of Peng/asian/hmong hunters as the main group of hunter that depleted the wildlife resources?  Pleases enlighten me that a warden have the RIGHT to accused anyone group of such? Where are his facts? What about the BRIDE Joel tried to talk Peng into after the initial incident?

Can you "EXPERTISE" give us some insight in this?

ua tsaug.

Are you retarded? That's just what the hunter said the warden said. That's someone's word against another's word. Maybe the warden said it, but then maybe he didn't. No one knows the truth, except for the hunter and the warden. Did you hear the warden say it? Do you have proof the warden said it? Were you there? You act like you were there.

Offline joot

• Jr. Poster
  • Lonewolf & Cub
  • Respect: +80
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: November 25, 2013, 09:10:19 AM »
^^ Who's side are YOU on anyway?

Advertisements