Advertisement

Author Topic: Lessons learned...  (Read 3755 times)

LadyLionness

Lessons learned...
« on: December 13, 2013, 11:40:55 AM »
Although I have worn make up most of my "adult life," I haven't always worn them every day.  I usually wear make up if I have an important meeting or full on for special events. 

However, since I have been here and wearing make up everyday, this crazy thought keeps popping in my head... "I am beautiful." 

At first, it was very odd.  And I kept wondering why I keep thinking that.  But it hit on me that for the first time ever, I am wearing make up every day.  And then I remember that even models and movie stars don't wake up beautiful either.  They put on tons of make (strategically) and fix their hair as well as pick the right outfits... just to look like they do. 

So, it's been kind of nice to think such kind thoughts about myself.  Just thought I would share.  Hopefully y'all don't think I am conceited or vain.

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

Offline DuMa

• Elite Poster
  • -(>^_^<)- 052806
  • Respect: +742
    • View Profile
Re: Lessons learned...
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2013, 11:48:31 AM »
You are beautiful to those who thinks that you are beautiful. 

I said this line before and she hits me in the head with a broom.  What is that suppose to mean she says.   :2funny:

X_____________ ______________ ______________ ___

LadyLionness

« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2013, 11:51:32 AM »
B/c she was supposed to BE beautiful to YOU... lol.  I would have hit him too if he had said that to me... lol. 

It was just such an odd thought.  Something that I have never thought of before or associated with myself.  I grew up thinking that I was ugly.  It didn't hit me until I was 29 that I was not too bad looking. 

Offline DuMa

• Elite Poster
  • -(>^_^<)- 052806
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2013, 12:03:44 PM »
You are what is known as a late bloomer and with every late bloomer, they are playing catching up.

They are more feistier hence you and your bold self so daring to post your pix and say that you are beautiful. 

I mean I'm beautiful too but I would never dare to do a stunt like this.  I mean beautiful people do not need to reassure themselves that they are beautiful.  If we break up all of our parts and if we have like 5 out of 10 parts that are beautiful then yes, other people will see these 5 or higher parts as beautiful but to me, I have just 1 part that is beautiful and I will cherish that one part as my own beauty. 

Yes, we are beautiful people and until you can love yourself, you then are capable of loving other people for now you know what beauty is.    So I think   :2funny:

LadyLionness

« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2013, 12:08:23 PM »
No, I was not a late bloomer.  I just didn't see it in myself.  Guys used to chase us around and I had always thought that it was b/c they like my friends.  When people used to tell me that I was beautiful, I thought they were lying or making fun of me. 

And no, I am not trying to play catch up.  I just thought I would share to inspire other ladies.  Sometimes, we need to be kind to ourselves.  I think that in life, we are our worst critics.  It's nice when we thinking kind thoughts of ourselves.

Offline DuMa

• Elite Poster
  • -(>^_^<)- 052806
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 13, 2013, 12:17:54 PM »
The world is not ready for a self proclamation of one self that they are beautiful. 

Do you see anyone else entering this thread?   

Maybe they disagree with her and you are thinking too much into this.  It is just like a fat chick wearing small high heels and wearing super short skirts.   How is that going to fly?  To her, she is all that and pervs can't wait for a draft so they can see what color undies she is wearing and the rest of the people will go hrmmmmm

If this thread was made by lets say a fiery or whatever her face, this thread would be an instant hit. 

Maybe there is a lesson to be learnt here.   

Offline dianahmuas

• Elite Poster
  • i love when you love me...
  • Respect: +111
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 13, 2013, 12:21:45 PM »
true statement...an d you are beautiful... O0 O0 O0

"Be pain, Live prosperously, Be merried"

"Live pain, Be prosperous, Live merrily"

Offline DuMa

• Elite Poster
  • -(>^_^<)- 052806
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 13, 2013, 12:29:24 PM »
B/c she was supposed to BE beautiful to YOU

she is beautiful to her owner like he has a choice to say otherwise?  Like can he say that he has buyer's remorse?   :2funny:

so once again, to shut her up, the man will go along and say that she's beautiful. 

And just like how a beautiful mom would show some PDA to his own sons by kissing them in public, watch how they flinch and say... Mom, not in front of my friends...  The husband will say the same thing too...   :2funny:

Offline DuMa

• Elite Poster
  • -(>^_^<)- 052806
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 13, 2013, 12:49:52 PM »
LL, you are beautiful.  :)

You are saying that because you ph women are in a union with each other. 

Nothing wrong with help support but would you allow someone to lie to themselves huh hrmmmm? 

She is beautiful I agreed too but I can not have them lustful eyes for her.  It is taboo and God might strike me dead. 

but I can't help it.   :2funny:

Offline DuMa

• Elite Poster
  • -(>^_^<)- 052806
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 13, 2013, 12:50:34 PM »
I don't remember how I look like with makeup. ;D

If you don't remember then maybe the mirror dont' remember either. 

Just don't try...

I really mean it.  Don't try but do it because trying is for practice.   :2funny:

Offline DuMa

• Elite Poster
  • -(>^_^<)- 052806
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 13, 2013, 01:07:00 PM »
No, I'm stating it because I really do think LL is an attractive woman. She has great bone structure and she has a lovely face. I'm sure she looks beautiful without makeup as well as with.

Plus, she has the balls to show her full face on here. Who am I to say, I have a mustache and a big nose.  ::)

You know what excuse people will say? 

They might say that she is just going through a stage in her life.  It is the cougar stage.   :2funny:

What do all cougars have in common?  They just love to dress fancy huh?   :D

Offline Fancee

• Global Moderator
  • Shine bright like a diamond
  • Respect: +340
    • View Profile
    • First Financial Security Senior Associate
« Reply #11 on: December 13, 2013, 01:43:03 PM »
You are what you think.
You think, therefore, you are! ;)

Life insurance with living benefits.
Life insurance with a savings plan.
http://clients.firsfinancialsecurity.com/WF1700

LadyLionness

« Reply #12 on: December 13, 2013, 01:48:51 PM »
Cougar?  Are you serious?  lol.  I have been told that I dress too conservative.. :2funny: :2funny: :2funny:

LadyLionness

« Reply #13 on: December 13, 2013, 02:05:11 PM »
I wouldn't know how to chase or bite anyone...  :2funny: :2funny: :2funny:

LadyLionness

« Reply #14 on: February 21, 2014, 10:24:32 AM »
Business Email Etiquette

So, I made a boo boo the other day.  Most of the places I have worked for in the past have all been fairly casual in structure.  I am used to writing short and concise e-mails... especially from my last place of employment.

I was careful and triple checked my e-mail before I sent it to another manager.  I talked to my boss this morning and he said that my e-mail was too casual and too concise.  So I decided to look up business e-mail etiquette and I am embarrassed to say that he was right.

Here is my email:

Good morning, Matt.

I understand that Stefan Sabo, Kim Wells-McDonnell, and Jim Rudakewiz will be working on the Siemens OBU project.  Will their timesheet be separated between Siemens BOS and Siemens OBU; or will it all be group together under one of Duard’s project?

Best regards,

Katherine Kue-Vang
Project Manager – Onboard Systems Applications

CSX Technology

« Last Edit: February 21, 2014, 10:28:48 AM by LadyLionness »

Advertisements