Advertisement

Author Topic: January 2014 PH Photo Assignment: "White Out"  (Read 2271 times)

Finest

January 2014 PH Photo Assignment: "White Out"
« on: January 15, 2014, 01:33:52 PM »
Hello everyone, as a way to kick off the new year we're re-introducing the PH Photo Assignments for 2014! 

If you don't know what it is, it's a friendly take on a totally random subject.  Everyone interprets things differently, especially behind a camera.  So we'll introduce a new subject each month and you'll take ONE photo that you think best represents this.  We'll all vote for the best photo for that subject.  And the winner will receive a small gift for their efforts.  (donations will be greatly appreciated!)

Some guidelines for your consideration:

- You can submit only ONE photo for each assignment.  So choose wisely.
- Keep image sizes to manageable sizes so viewers don't have to scroll over to see the entire photo.  (600px wide should be about right for most monitors)
- Remember that this is a photography assignment, not a photoshop/editing assignment.  Content and subject is more important than processing.
- You can either post your image in the assignment thread (like this one), or PM or email me your submission if you would like to stay anonymous. 
- Upon a tie in votes, then the deciding factor will be made on a coin flip.  The person who submitted their photo first will get to call it. 

It's just a friendly game between folks who share the same passion, so please don't get discouraged if you don't win any assignments.  Think of it as a method to improve your photography skills, because practice makes perfect!  You'll learn to develop your own style or even gain a new perspective from seeing other's submissions.  Please feel free to discuss and talk about your work, we highly encourage asking for criticism from others on what they liked/disliked about your photo. 

« Last Edit: January 15, 2014, 01:37:19 PM by Finest »

Like this post: +1

Adverstisement

Finest

Re: January 2014 PH Photo Assignment: "White Out"
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2014, 01:36:36 PM »
January 2014 PH Photo Assignment:  "WHITE OUT"

Please submit your photos below or PM/email me if you wish to stay anonymous.  Refer to the above guidelines when submitting your photo. 

Submissions will run until January 25th.  Voting will then run until the end of the month, January 31st.  The photograph with the most votes will win a $25 gift card to Amazon (donated by Finest). 

Good luck to everyone!   O0

Like this post: 0

Finest

« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2014, 04:00:46 PM »
That's the entire purpose of these assignments.  It can be whatever you interpret it to mean.  It can be a white picture.  It can be anything else you can think of when looking through your viewfinder.  It gives you the freedom and creativity to express your style in photos.   O0

maipovci

« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2014, 12:10:00 AM »
here's my entry.

Finest

« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2014, 08:54:14 AM »
Thanks!   O0

zena

« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2014, 04:08:02 PM »
chicknorris, very ominous.  O0

Here's mine.  I don't think mod should actually be part of the challenge (think I mentioned this before?) but here's one anyway.  :)

Finest

« Reply #6 on: January 21, 2014, 09:16:51 PM »
Here's mine.  I don't think mod should actually be part of the challenge (think I mentioned this before?) but here's one anyway.  :)

I don't see why not.  We can make it more anonymous by having everyone just PM me their photos and on voting day we can just post the photos up with no names attached if you think some sort of favoritism can influence the voting? 

aboo

« Reply #7 on: January 22, 2014, 11:29:19 AM »
I don't see why not.  We can make it more anonymous by having everyone just PM me their photos and on voting day we can just post the photos up with no names attached if you think some sort of favoritism can influence the voting? 

that's a great idea!  especially when one is not as popular as Finest....it may be harder to garner votes :D

Finest

« Reply #8 on: January 22, 2014, 12:05:55 PM »
that's a great idea!  especially when one is not as popular as Finest....it may be harder to garner votes :D

Not even!  I'm just an amateur.  We have other greatly more skilled photographers on here, some very professional and some who make a living from it.   O0

I think the next assignment will be completely anonymous so that there's no other outside influence.  Just a photo and a vote.   8)

zena

« Reply #9 on: January 23, 2014, 09:37:45 AM »
Finest, sounds like a good idea.

Finest

« Reply #10 on: January 27, 2014, 10:47:52 AM »
Thread closed for submissions.  Please vote here: 

http://www.pebhmong.com/forum/index.php/topic,348558.0.html