Advertisement

Author Topic: Android Phones  (Read 3627 times)

N`Chync

Android Phones
« on: February 22, 2014, 06:53:41 PM »
Curious to what everyone is running

What kind of phone do u have?
Rooted or stock?
If rooted, what have you done with it

« Last Edit: June 20, 2014, 01:05:17 PM by N`Chync »

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

Offline joot

• Jr. Poster
  • Lonewolf & Cub
  • Respect: +80
    • View Profile
Re: Android Phones
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2014, 11:17:27 AM »
Droid Razr Maxx
Rooted with custom JellyBean for use with PagePlus...che aper than paid plans...

Sifu

« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2014, 03:08:50 PM »
Nokia 1020
Stock

I still have my iPhone and ipads, they're stock as well.

N`Chync

« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2014, 05:35:03 PM »
My T-Mobile Vibrant aka Galaxy S was rooted and unlocked running CyanogenMod 7 with ac!d soundmod and overclocked but it died last year. Now running a T-Mobile HTC One rooted on CyanogenMod 11with Viper4Android for amazing sound. I'd recommend Viper4Android to anyone who listens to music on their phones. louder, clear, more bass you name. speaker gets a great improvement too.

Still have my old iPhones too and jailbroken. My iPhone 5 and HTC One

« Last Edit: February 24, 2014, 06:57:41 PM by N`Chync »

N`Chync

« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2014, 06:09:50 PM »
Nokia 1020
Stock

I still have my iPhone and ipads, they're stock as well.

How's the 1020? How's the camera?

Json

« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2014, 06:39:27 PM »
S3 rooted.  Its rooted so I don't have to pay for games. 

N`Chync

« Reply #6 on: February 24, 2014, 06:41:12 PM »
I use to play games but now just play some games. Mostly use my phones for music, movies, reading and sometimes testing out apps and mods.

Json

« Reply #7 on: February 24, 2014, 06:47:22 PM »
True, I rarely game nowadays.  Root just to root.  I visit XDA developers for all my goodies.   

N`Chync

« Reply #8 on: February 24, 2014, 06:49:56 PM »
My phones have to be rooted and jailbroken. Stock is just to boring and I need to tweak my phone for better day to day use. Battery life was bad on my HTC One when it was stock. Lost 20% battery just sitting in my locker while I was at the gym. Now I can use it for hours at the gym.

Sifu

« Reply #9 on: February 24, 2014, 07:58:56 PM »
How's the 1020? How's the camera?

Compressed jpg (no editing). 

Edited raw, resized and cropped.

The 1020 is ok.  I've mentioned it in the past that the only thing lacking are apps and especially google apps (youtube, chrome).  Battery life is ok but damn the camera is awesome for a smart phone.  Video recording is the best I've seen as well for a smart phone.  I have just read the reviews of Sony's new phone but I have yet to see the video and photo qualities.  I got this phone to replace my iphone 4 and I truly wanted to replace my point and shoot along with hauling around my dslr.  Sure it's not nearly as good as my Canon but for a phone it is damn awesome for spur of the moment photos.

N`Chync

« Reply #10 on: February 24, 2014, 08:03:15 PM »
When Windows Phone first came out I liked the OS but now 4 years it hasn't progressed well. OS is smooth but lacks many things and apps need to catch up. The camera is pretty good on your phone tho. My iPhones and HTC One take good pictures.

Sifu

« Reply #11 on: February 24, 2014, 08:16:26 PM »
I actually don't mind the OS.  It's sleek and pretty fast for a core duo.  It would have been even better with a quad but I can imagine what the battery life would be.  If they had stuck on a larger battery and sacrificed some of it's thickness I think many owners would be happier.  The tiles may bore some users but I like the simplicity of it.  Come to think of it Apple and a few Androids are starting to adopt M$'s live tiles.
Apps for M$ are a joke.  Thank god I don't use apps.  Use my other phone and tablet for that.

N`Chync

« Reply #12 on: February 24, 2014, 08:20:16 PM »
Shattered the screen on my iPhone 5 so I had to use a HTC Windows Phone. It was painful until I got my HTC One. The OS is nice but since it lacks a lot I couldn't deal with it. Wish they would have just made Windows Mobile function with the smoothness of Windows Phone. I don't like live tiles or widgets except for music widgets. My screenshots show how I set up my iPhone and One.

N`Chync

« Reply #13 on: March 02, 2014, 03:21:02 PM »
Just switched to Sinless Sense ROM. Kinda miss using the camera on Sense so gonna give it a go. Beats Audio and Viper4Android make a nice combo for audio but kinda miss how Viper4Android sounded on CM11. Gonna see how performance and battery are for awhile then see if I'll keep it. It does get annoying with the different configurations .

« Last Edit: March 02, 2014, 04:15:47 PM by N`Chync »

Sifu

« Reply #14 on: April 22, 2014, 12:24:04 PM »
Just updated to 8.1.  Pretty impressed with the new update.

Advertisements