Advertisement

Author Topic: Mom hates my Korean fiance?!  (Read 8813 times)

Offline theking

• Elite Poster
  • Respect: +647
    • View Profile
Re: Mom hates my Korean fiance?!
« Reply #45 on: June 13, 2016, 03:48:09 AM »
Even though your mother is not being understanding (and we all know how crazy Hmong mom's can be) she gave birth to you; she just wants the best for you. Eventually she'll come to terms with it.

Remember at the end of the day... It's YOUR life. Your decisions. Your responsibiliti es. Your happiness.

True.

If her mom judge the other person as unfit simply because he's non-Hmong instead of knowing for a fact that he as an individual is unfit for her daughter, she's not very wise...

That's as unwise as some Hmong parents saying things like, "he's from that clan so it won't work because hundreds of years ago, something happened between his clan and our clan"...

« Last Edit: June 13, 2016, 03:51:34 AM by theking »

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

Offline Hung_Low

• Sr. Poster
  • Respect: +87
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: June 15, 2016, 06:28:09 PM »
Two years ago I went to teach in South Korea. While I was there, I met an amazing guy. After a year of dating I took him to the U.S to meet my family. My dad was happy and all, but my mom was very upset. She wanted me to marry a hmong guy, and wasn't respectful to my fiance AT ALL during the visit. On our third day there, she even invited a hmong bachelor to our house to somehow seduct me, but my boyfriend must have intimidated him and the guy left quickly.
About a year later(right now) he proposed to me, and I said yes, of course. When I told everyone the news, they were all happy except my mother. She now refuses to call me her daughter and just calls me a Korean now, i don't get her problem at all. And she's all pissed that i'm introducing my younger sister to my fiance's cousin, she thinks i'm gonna transform the whole family into a korean family, and honestly I don't get the problem.
What should I do?

Your mom is blood. This Korean guy is not... just don't disappoint your mom when the time comes for you to crawl back to her when this Korean dude leave you. I hope you have a happy life with him... but no one can tell the future.
Just make sure it never comes down to your mom saying... " I told you so..." That would be the biggest disappointment .

« Last Edit: June 15, 2016, 06:32:38 PM by Hung_Low »

Maxi pad not greatest thing on earth but next to it.

Offline nightrider

• Jr. Poster
  • Respect: +30
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: June 15, 2016, 11:28:04 PM »
No updates... Life must really be going good or has taken for the worst.

Offline TheAfterLife

• Jr. Poster
  • Respect: +27
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: May 18, 2017, 08:45:28 AM »
Two years ago I went to teach in South Korea. While I was there, I met an amazing guy. After a year of dating I took him to the U.S to meet my family. My dad was happy and all, but my mom was very upset. She wanted me to marry a hmong guy, and wasn't respectful to my fiance AT ALL during the visit. On our third day there, she even invited a hmong bachelor to our house to somehow seduct me, but my boyfriend must have intimidated him and the guy left quickly.
About a year later(right now) he proposed to me, and I said yes, of course. When I told everyone the news, they were all happy except my mother. She now refuses to call me her daughter and just calls me a Korean now, i don't get her problem at all. And she's all pissed that i'm introducing my younger sister to my fiance's cousin, she thinks i'm gonna transform the whole family into a korean family, and honestly I don't get the problem.
What should I do?

Your mom is racist. PERIOD! She needs to wake up. Just tell her, "Your very un-American."

Offline Im a Guy

• Jr. Poster
  • We are alien... We are not alone... Decoding...
  • Respect: +26
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: May 22, 2017, 08:10:42 AM »
as per to nightrider. update so far? Need to make a korean movie already...  ;D  ::)

« Last Edit: May 22, 2017, 08:13:28 AM by Im a Guy »

" YOUR GOVERMENT IS SELLING YOUR CHILDREN DRUGS, AND YOU DON'T SEEM TO CARE. YOUR OWN GOVERMENT HAS GIVEN AWAY THE POWER OF THE PEOPLE AND YOU DON'T SEEM TO CARE. WE ARE TRULY NOW A NATION OF SHEEP, AND LADIES AND GENTLEMEN. I ASSURE YOU THAT SHEEP ARE ALWAYS LED TO SLAUGHTER. "

milton william

Offline YAX

• Global Moderator
  • Respect: +296
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: May 23, 2017, 12:59:02 PM »
You marry him, but you go it alone. if and when he leaves, don't be afraid to come crawling back.  Your parents will say "told you so" but that's all they will do.  They will accept you back and forgive you for your mistakes.   O0  If it works out well and you two grow old together then your parents will eventually warm up to him.  They will when they see that he's not leaving you.

So your point is I'm wrong but I hate to take ownership of my wrongs and learn from it so I'll just continue to stir shit...So much for "ignore".. ;D

Offline theking

• Elite Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: May 23, 2017, 01:41:14 PM »
Sadly, many narrow minded ignorant folks still judge others by stupid reasons like skin colors, ethnic backgrounds, etc., instead of by the individual and his or her characters...e specially considering its 2017 where facts are readily available to help educate oneself..

Offline theking

• Elite Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: May 23, 2017, 01:44:41 PM »
Back in Laos when that Hmong girl from our village married a Laotian dude, and her dad was unsupported simply because he's not Hmong, that was pretty ignorant and short sighted already so it's even worst now in 2017 imo.

Offline DuMa

• Sr. Poster
  • NRUS MAS
  • Respect: +212
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: May 23, 2017, 02:20:37 PM »
Hmong guy invited me to his bachalor party in vegas this year.  It is coming up during edc weekend.  The crew already booked their flights n hotel reservations.

Just to cancelled now since the couple is fighting.

Yep, she's korean that looks like hmong

"There is a party up in here... Fawk you over there"  ha

Advertisements