Advertisement

Author Topic: Where can I get a code for free CS6?  (Read 2318 times)

Bokehlicious

Where can I get a code for free CS6?
« on: April 20, 2014, 07:03:29 PM »
Help?  I know it's illegal, but damn!  That's a lot of money!  If anyone can direct me to a site or something that I can generate a code...your help will be greatly appreciated.

« Last Edit: April 20, 2014, 07:18:33 PM by Willow »

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

zena

Re: Where can I get a code for free CS6?
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2014, 05:19:13 PM »
I don't think you can buy CS6 in that way anymore.  Adobe has the Creative Cloud thingy going on in which you pay a monthly fee/yearly fee to utilize the cloud.

You might be able to get Photoshop Elements for about $100, but if you're in need of an editing software quickly, GIMP is free.

Bokehlicious

« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2014, 03:15:44 PM »
Thanks, Moonangel!  I was visiting adobe's site and they currently have a special on their photoshop photography program for $9.99/month for a year, which includes photoshop cc and lightroom for desktop, mobile and web.  I might just do this. 

minorcharacter

« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2014, 03:23:24 PM »
Adobe pays people to illegally seed their products on sites like piratebay.  Make sure you spoof your ISP address when you download, and disconnect from any internet services when entering in a cracked serial number. 

Edit: I don't condone pirating or stealing of software =D

Bokehlicious

« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2014, 04:31:31 PM »
Adobe pays people to illegally seed their products on sites like piratebay.  Make sure you spoof your ISP address when you download, and disconnect from any internet services when entering in a cracked serial number. 

Yup!  Thanks for the warning!  I was afraid of getting a virus!  As I only need photo editing, I will do the $9.99/month deal for one year. 

zena

« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2014, 05:25:19 PM »
Thanks, Moonangel!  I was visiting adobe's site and they currently have a special on their photoshop photography program for $9.99/month for a year, which includes photoshop cc and lightroom for desktop, mobile and web.  I might just do this. 

That's a good idea.  Although, if you are needing the editing software for photography, I'd recommend Lightroom.  You can get Lightroom separate from the cloud, I believe.  It's cheaper too.

Photoshop CS6 is pricy because it's very powerful.  It can do so much more than edit photos.  For photographers who use CS6, they will create actions and styles to sell alongside their photography business, and some do go beyond editing photos to add a bit of surrealness and fantasy to their work.  Lightroom does not have that capability.

I personally don't use CS6 for any of my photos anymore.  I use it for all kinds of other stuff.  When I do use it to edit photos, it's to work on JPEG photos or to create actions.  Nowadays, my photos are taken in RAW and then I use Adobe Camera Raw (ACR) to correct anything that needs correcting.  ACR is like Lightroom but comes with CS6.

zena

« Reply #6 on: April 22, 2014, 05:26:11 PM »

O0

sadkos

« Reply #7 on: June 27, 2014, 10:44:06 AM »
30 day trial, create new e-mail, 30 day trail, create new e-mail, and so on.  Has worked for me the past 2 years!

Bokehlicious

« Reply #8 on: June 27, 2014, 08:54:51 PM »
30 day trial, create new e-mail, 30 day trail, create new e-mail, and so on.  Has worked for me the past 2 years!

I tried.  I  uninstalled CS6 from my system...downl oaded the trial again using a different email.  Went through the whole installation process...laun ched...I kept getting the "Your trial has expired.  Do you want to enter a code?" 

????

zena

« Reply #9 on: July 13, 2014, 09:09:10 PM »
What will you be using Photoshop CC for?  If you are just starting out, I'd serious recommend getting Elements for $100.  Elements can edit photos, crop, filter, layer, etc.  It's pretty powerful too.  I've never played with Elements but I have taken classes where the instructor used Elements as the training tool 'cause most the students used Elements.  I know Phostohop very well so I was able to train in the same class and follow along without a problem.  What irks me about what I've learned about Elements is that creating shadows on a layered element (or object) is that you have to go through some funky steps to accomplish something so easily done in Photoshop +  you can't create a new layer with the shadow layer if you wanted to warp it or do something else to that shadow.  Another thing is that I like creating actions for batch processing and I don't think Elements has that capability.  It can use actions but it just can't create them.  Etc.  Etc.  I have used Photoshop forever though...I'd say over 15 years now (and there are still a lot I'm learning 'cause Photoshop is just that type of tool where the learning never ends).  If I was a beginner, I probably would invest in Elements just to get the hang of things...that's why I recommend it for beginners without having to go the illegal way.

Snowdrop

« Reply #10 on: July 22, 2014, 01:07:10 PM »
Wow!

tsabsuav

« Reply #11 on: July 30, 2014, 08:02:14 PM »
PM me.

« Last Edit: September 14, 2014, 07:49:28 AM by tsabsuav »

Advertisements