Advertisement

Author Topic: [solved?] now i've got audio problems!  (Read 2170 times)

bruisedknee

[solved?] now i've got audio problems!
« on: April 21, 2014, 08:25:29 AM »
this recent build has been my most troublesome... both hardware and software have hit snags

anyways, when i play movies/videos, regardless of whether it's online or from my puter, i can hear the background stuff fine, but peoples' voices are extremely low or silent

i've checked the audio settings on windows and my Daum potplayer, ive put them all to max, karaoke mode isn't on, nothing has worked so far

my audio worked fine with xp and my old puter

only diff that i can think of is my old rig had a cheap soundcard installed on it...my current has onboard sound (Realtek)

any ideas guys n gals?

*yes, i installed the sound driver

« Last Edit: May 02, 2014, 11:21:48 PM by bruisedknee »

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

minorcharacter

Re: now i've got audio problems!
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2014, 08:51:21 AM »
Try a different driver.  Since you upgraded your OS and your hardware you can't expect old drivers to work the same.

bruisedknee

« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2014, 08:12:04 AM »
Try a different driver.  Since you upgraded your OS and your hardware you can't expect old drivers to work the same.

it's the driver that came with my mobo

supadupac

« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2014, 08:57:33 AM »
if you plug in head phones does it do the same thing? have you checked for updated drivers? check the cables to make sure all is plugged in correctly.. are you saying you get this even from youtube and playing a regular music fiule?

Redemption

« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2014, 12:09:22 PM »
this recent build has been my most troublesome... both hardware and software have hit snags

anyways, when i play movies/videos, regardless of whether it's online or from my puter, i can hear the background stuff fine, but peoples' voices are extremely low or silent

i've checked the audio settings on windows and my Daum potplayer, ive put them all to max, karaoke mode isn't on, nothing has worked so far

my audio worked fine with xp and my old puter

only diff that i can think of is my old rig had a cheap soundcard installed on it...my current has onboard sound (Realtek)

any ideas guys n gals?

*yes, i installed the sound driver

How many different speaker outputs do you have? Check to make sure you've plugged it into the correct outputs or check you're realtek audio settings to see which output it's routing to. In some cases, realtek might be set to outputting to multiple outputs, and so it's routing a "background" or "subwoofer" output to the speaker out that you plugged into. Also, check if any effects are turned on in the realtek settings, as that could be the cause. For instance, if you set an audio effect to Karaoke, it tries to mute out the voice frequencies and can give you the sound you described.

six

« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2014, 02:54:07 AM »
Change your settings from the 5.1 surround to 2.0 stereo.

bruisedknee

« Reply #6 on: April 30, 2014, 07:41:22 AM »
if you plug in head phones does it do the same thing? have you checked for updated drivers? check the cables to make sure all is plugged in correctly.. are you saying you get this even from youtube and playing a regular music fiule?

i have no headphones to check with...just updated to latest driver...cable s are all good...movies/music i play off my HDs (seem) ok now, but youtube audio is still messed up...backgroun d stuff is fine, but vocals are garbled or really low or silent

bruisedknee

« Reply #7 on: April 30, 2014, 07:42:15 AM »
Goto mobo website and upgrade.  Otherwise, buy a sound card.  If I had a PCI-E slot I would get me the new ASUS XONAR ROG.  Sadly all I have are PCI... :(

pulled my old $10 sound card off my old rig...ill test it out this weekend

bruisedknee

« Reply #8 on: April 30, 2014, 07:44:24 AM »
How many different speaker outputs do you have? Check to make sure you've plugged it into the correct outputs or check you're realtek audio settings to see which output it's routing to. In some cases, realtek might be set to outputting to multiple outputs, and so it's routing a "background" or "subwoofer" output to the speaker out that you plugged into. Also, check if any effects are turned on in the realtek settings, as that could be the cause. For instance, if you set an audio effect to Karaoke, it tries to mute out the voice frequencies and can give you the sound you described.

just 1 output afaik...a pair of linked computer speakers

checked, doublechecked, triplechecked those settings...it's set to realtek audio output, no karaoke mode, nothing's muted

bruisedknee

« Reply #9 on: April 30, 2014, 07:45:53 AM »
Change your settings from the 5.1 surround to 2.0 stereo.

i think i did that with my media player, and that solved it for that

youtube audio is still jacked though, and i really doubt i can access its sound options to make that change

six

« Reply #10 on: April 30, 2014, 04:12:52 PM »
i think i did that with my media player, and that solved it for that

youtube audio is still jacked though, and i really doubt i can access its sound options to make that change

You have to change it in the global seettings...ST ART/CONTROL PANEL/SOUND/<your device>/PROPERTIES/<look for stereo or 2.0/2.1 sound>

It's garbled, because the vocals are suppose to be coming from your center speaker.

bruisedknee

« Reply #11 on: May 02, 2014, 11:02:53 PM »
You have to change it in the global seettings...ST ART/CONTROL PANEL/SOUND/<your device>/PROPERTIES/<look for stereo or 2.0/2.1 sound>

It's garbled, because the vocals are suppose to be coming from your center speaker.

it's set to stereo in those settings

bruisedknee

« Reply #12 on: May 02, 2014, 11:06:12 PM »
so i found a guy who had a similar problem:

"So I formatted my PC this weekend. Put on a fresh copy of Windows 7 and all the updates including SP1.
When I went to play Dragon Age Origins all seemed normal until I got to a situation where characters started talking and I couldn't hear the audio. All the background sound works just can't hear when ppl are talking. At some points you can faintly hear them talking other times not at all.
I thought It was the game until I realized even youtube videos and highlight videos on sports sites also yielded no dialogue audio.
I have tried tinkering with my audio settings with no luck. I also downloaded my latest MB sound driver but this had no effect either.
Please help if you have experienced this....."

he solved it like this:

"I found the fix for anyone who happens to run into this exact problem. After another format I went through the process of getting MB updates, installing windows update with SP1, then installing "CCC 11.2 drivers".
All was working good until I installed the 11.2 driver. I realized that within 11.2 instal manager one of the drivers you are installing is for HDMI audio. I installed the entire CCC 11.2 suite which included this HDMI audio driver and the dialogue sound didn't work.
So voila that was the answer. Went to uninstall programs found CCC and clicked change. Uninstalled just the HDMI audio driver within CCC 11.2 and all sound is now good.
Cheers hope this helps someone with the same issue."
------------------------

i tried his solution since our problems are so similar...sadl y, it didn't work

youtube vids and games with dialogue both still refuse to give me any voice audio

this is driving me a bit nutty

:o

bruisedknee

Re: [solved] now i've got audio problems!
« Reply #13 on: May 02, 2014, 11:21:20 PM »
!@(#*&^$@!^*&#*&~~~!!!

so i tested youtube with a pair of headphones, and i get voice audio

so apparently, in a 2 speaker setup, music is sent to one side while vocals are sent to the other

one of my speakers is dead, i think...it must be the one that the vocals are sent to
---------------

but...if that's the case, why was i still getting voice audio on my old rig? that particular speaker was dead during that time too

Advertisements